Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mojave Lever Crew - Roll Call!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GeeBee49
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2020
    • 1981

    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    Yes, you certainly did do ok. Beautiful revolver. Is that the Gunfighter?

    Edit: I didn't notice the link. It's the Cattleman.
    Last edited by GeeBee49; 10-22-2021, 11:44 AM.

    Comment

    • RAMCLAP
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2012
      • 2972

      Very nice. You did well.
      Psalm 103
      Mojave Lever Crew

      Comment

      • pennstater
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 4671

        Yes, you did good. Liking those Army grips. Nice buy.

        MLC

        Comment

        • 200Apples
          -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2011
          • 7217

          Congrats, Randall! You stole that thing. And, those Italians and their plowhandles. Jeeebus!

          What's with the 4-5/8" pistol in the pictures of your 5-1/2" barreled gun?

          I should bring you my Armi Jager .357 made in the 1960s... it's the grandadday of the Italian clones. It needs it's firing pin replaced. I have a new pin, but, and Randall already knows this, sizing it's depth is important so as to achieve reliable ignition yet not perforate the primer...
          .
          "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

          NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

          Comment

          • ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57180

            Originally posted by GeeBee49
            Yes, you certainly did do ok. Beautiful revolver. Is that the Gunfighter?

            Edit: I didn't notice the link. It's the Cattleman.
            It's a model 5001 which shows up as a Gunfighter on Taylor's website.
            Taylors seems to call all the 1873's Cattleman.
            In Taylorspeak, Gunfighter seems to mean Army grips where plain Cattleman have Navy grips.
            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            • ar15barrels
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 57180

              Originally posted by 200Apples
              What's with the 4-5/8" pistol in the pictures of your 5-1/2" barreled gun?
              Probably another gun that the seller was selling and he accidentally posted it into the listing I won.
              The interesting thing is that the first image in the image set becomes the small icon in the search results so people that were looking for 4-3/4" guns were going to the listing I won and then not bidding while people looking for 5-1/2" guns where not going to the listing I bought because the icon shows a 4-3/4" gun.
              All the more reason to really dig into the descriptions when you are searching because good deals can be had when there are poor photos because people don't even click into a listing if the small icon picture in the search results is not exactly what they are looking for.

              Originally posted by 200Apples
              I should bring you my Armi Jager .357 made in the 1960s... it's the grandadday of the Italian clones. It needs it's firing pin replaced. I have a new pin, but, and Randall already knows this, sizing it's depth is important so as to achieve reliable ignition yet not perforate the primer...
              We can fix that up.
              Randall Rausch

              AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
              Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
              Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
              Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
              Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

              Comment

              • GeeBee49
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2020
                • 1981

                Originally posted by ar15barrels
                It's a model 5001 which shows up as a Gunfighter on Taylor's website.
                Taylors seems to call all the 1873's Cattleman.
                In Taylorspeak, Gunfighter seems to mean Army grips where plain Cattleman have Navy grips.
                The Army grip size with the smooth wood panels were the first things I noticed. And, it looks exactly like my Gunfighter. By contrast my Smoke Wagon has the smaller Navy grips with the checkered wood panels.
                I prefer the smooth Army size grips and I'm thinking that the checkering is a more modern application.

                Comment

                • Kerplow
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 8875

                  Originally posted by ar15barrels
                  Probably another gun that the seller was selling and he accidentally posted it into the listing I won.
                  The interesting thing is that the first image in the image set becomes the small icon in the search results so people that were looking for 4-3/4" guns were going to the listing I won and then not bidding while people looking for 5-1/2" guns where not going to the listing I bought because the icon shows a 4-3/4" gun.
                  All the more reason to really dig into the descriptions when you are searching because good deals can be had when there are poor photos because people don't even click into a listing if the small icon picture in the search results is not exactly what they are looking for.



                  We can fix that up.
                  Let me know if you find a boogered up auction for an 1893 Marlin 30-30.
                  Originally posted by MelvinoelGreat**
                  My friend, your Chargers sure are looking good tonight. They are only losing by 14 at the half, not to bad my friend.

                  Comment

                  • ar15barrels
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 57180

                    Originally posted by Kerplow
                    Let me know if you find a boogered up auction for an 1893 Marlin 30-30.
                    I specialize in winning boogered up auctions.
                    Some of my best deals are had when the auction ends in the middle of the night or well before lunchtime.
                    Higher prices happen around 5-8pm when a lot more people are online and available to bid than earlier in the morning/day.
                    Randall Rausch

                    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                    Comment

                    • Kerplow
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 8875

                      Originally posted by ar15barrels
                      I specialize in winning boogered up auctions.
                      Some of my best deals are had when the auction ends in the middle of the night or well before lunchtime.
                      Higher prices happen around 5-8pm when a lot more people are online and available to bid than earlier in the morning/day.
                      Originally posted by MelvinoelGreat**
                      My friend, your Chargers sure are looking good tonight. They are only losing by 14 at the half, not to bad my friend.

                      Comment

                      • Spyder
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 17273

                        Originally posted by ar15barrels
                        All the more reason to really dig into the descriptions when you are searching because good deals can be had when there are poor photos because people don't even click into a listing if the small icon picture in the search results is not exactly what they are looking for.
                        And speeling. I've got a score of "alternate" spellings that I punch in to gunbroker all the time, and have picked up some really good deals because of it. Anshutz, smith and weston, inter national, etc. etc. etc. Folks looking for an early model 54 Annie type in Anschutz and when they don't see what they want, they stop looking. But purposeful misspelling's on my searches have garnered me a number of great deals.

                        Comment

                        • Mojaveman
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 1177

                          Just bought a Cimarron '73 carbine in .44-40.
                          Last edited by Mojaveman; 12-05-2021, 10:27 PM.
                          "Any honest and hardworking man is made better yet by a large bowl of good chili."

                          Comment

                          • GeeBee49
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 1981

                            Originally posted by Mojaveman
                            Just bought a Cimarron '73 carbine in .44-40.
                            Congrats, at least someone is getting new lever actions. Is it CCH with an octagonal barrel? I've been curious about the .44-40 cartridge since I started buying cowboy guns. I eventually want something besides .45 Colt and .357 magnum.

                            Comment

                            • Mojaveman
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 1177

                              Is it CCH with an octagonal barrel? I've been curious about the .44-40 cartridge since I started buying cowboy guns. I eventually want something besides .45 Colt and .357 magnum.
                              Blued with a round barrel. .44-40 for nostalgia. I was browsing in an LA area gun store a few weeks ago and there wasn't much ammo in stock but there were a few dust covered boxes over in the corner. Ended up with 200 rounds of .44-40 for a decent price.

                              Handled both the 24" Sporting rifle and the 19" carbine and decided that if I ever had to do any cowboy action shooting in my house at 3:00 a.m. I'd rather use the carbine because it's shorter and lighter.
                              Last edited by Mojaveman; 10-23-2021, 10:53 PM.
                              "Any honest and hardworking man is made better yet by a large bowl of good chili."

                              Comment

                              • 200Apples
                                -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Dec 2011
                                • 7217

                                Congrats on this latest acquisition! Mojaveman. She’s a beaut!

                                I was wondering when we might see you stop in to our place.

                                Yours is a most-fitting moniker for the MLC.
                                .
                                "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

                                NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1