Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Firearms Safety Cert (FSC, HSC replacement)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    1911su16b870
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2006
    • 7654

    Got my log in info today, the FSC study guide and tests are up as pdfs.
    "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

    NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
    GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
    Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
    I instruct it if you shoot it.

    Comment

    • #62
      SmokinMr2
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2009
      • 817

      The email I got lists a different web site and states it will not be up until 1-1-15

      The Department of Justice (the Department) will utilize an online system for the Firearm
      Safety Certificate Program to make FSC materials available to all DOJ Certified Instructors,
      including the Firearm Safety Certificates, test materials, the FSC study guide, and the FSC
      manual. The study guide will be available for printing and audio/visual materials will be
      available for viewing/downloading from the Bureau of Firearms website at
      https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/fsc. Please be advised, this link will not be available until January 1, 2015.

      The site you other guys listed worked fine. Logged in successfully
      Last edited by SmokinMr2; 12-24-2014, 11:01 AM.
      NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor
      Utah CCW instructor

      Comment

      • #63
        Condorguns
        Still lost in the desert
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2007
        • 3302

        Got mine this morning.
        You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
        Incoming fire has the right of way.

        Comment

        • #64
          Condorguns
          Still lost in the desert
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2007
          • 3302

          How are you guys planning on printing the cards? Card stock or just normal paper?
          You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
          Incoming fire has the right of way.

          Comment

          • #65
            halifax
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 4440

            I'm hoping they'll fit a standard Avery card stock. Haven't seen one yet though.
            Jim


            sigpic

            Comment

            • #66
              kemasa
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jun 2005
              • 10706

              Why spend the extra? Normal paper is the easy way to go. It should be possible to save the file in case it needs to be printed later.
              Kemasa.
              False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

              Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

              Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

              Comment

              • #67
                Condorguns
                Still lost in the desert
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2007
                • 3302

                Originally posted by kemasa
                Why spend the extra? Normal paper is the easy way to go. It should be possible to save the file in case it needs to be printed later.
                That was my thought. Printing costs are already way too high, this new program is not going to help in that department.
                You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
                Incoming fire has the right of way.

                Comment

                • #68
                  kemasa
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 10706

                  Originally posted by Condorguns
                  That was my thought. Printing costs are already way too high, this new program is not going to help in that department.
                  They have made enough changes so that we, the FFLs, have to pay for printing stuff. They don't send the tests out anymore, we get to print them. All the copies of the DROS forms are also absurd. They should make it possible to have one DROS with multiple firearms listed (yeah, none should have to actually be listed in a free state).
                  Kemasa.
                  False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                  Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                  Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    REH
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 1510

                    The DOJ said $25.00. Is that what it cost the dealer or the customer?

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      ugimports
                      Vendor/Retailer
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 6251

                      Originally posted by REH
                      The DOJ said $25.00. Is that what it cost the dealer or the customer?
                      Probably the customer. Interesting though if we are now printing everything the state shouldn't have to collect any money anymore.
                      UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                      Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                      web​ / email / vendor forum

                      I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                      Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        ke6guj
                        Moderator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 23725

                        Originally posted by REH
                        The DOJ said $25.00. Is that what it cost the dealer or the customer?
                        its just like it was for the HSC.

                        you charge the customer up to $25, $15 goes to the state.



                        31650. (a) The certified instructor may charge a fee of twenty-five
                        dollars ($25), fifteen dollars ($15) of which is to be paid to the
                        department pursuant to subdivision (c).
                        (b) An applicant to renew a firearm safety certificate shall be
                        required to pass the objective test. The certified instructor may
                        charge a fee of twenty-five dollars ($25), fifteen dollars ($15) of
                        which is to be forwarded to the department pursuant to subdivision
                        (c).
                        (c) The department may charge the certified instructor up to
                        fifteen dollars ($15) for each firearm safety certificate issued by
                        that instructor to cover the department's cost in carrying out and
                        enforcing this article, and enforcing the provisions listed in
                        subdivision (e), as determined annually by the department.
                        (d) All money received by the department pursuant to this article
                        shall be deposited into the Firearms Safety and Enforcement Special
                        Fund created pursuant to Section 28300.
                        (e) The department shall conduct enforcement activities,
                        including, but not limited to, law enforcement activities to ensure
                        compliance with the following provisions:
                        (1) Section 830.95.
                        (2) Title 2 (commencing with Section 12001) of Part 4.
                        (3) This part, except Sections 16965, 17235, and 21510.
                        (f) This section shall become operative on January 1, 2015.
                        Jack



                        Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                        No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          REH
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 1510

                          Thank you................

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            fairfaxjim
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 2146



                            Does anyone know where this URL came from? It was not in any correspondence I have received (I have User ID and PW). I was able to log on, change password (mandatory), update profile, print new FSC Instructor card, and download and print materials at that site.

                            Now when I attempt to log on I get:
                            The Firearms Certification System (FCS) is currently unavailable.

                            I am now wondering if this is a test site and all of the PW and profile info entered here will not be transferred to the site that goes live on Jan 1, 2015??
                            "As soon as we burn 'em," Chinn said, "more come in."
                            Ignatius Chinn, a FORMER veteran firearms agent.
                            CONTRA COSTA TIMES 03/04/2008

                            "please guys please no ridiculous offers....Im a girl, not an idiot" Mistisa242

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              kemasa
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 10706

                              It is the site that they told me over the phone, as well as was posted here.

                              I suspect it is just overloaded or they are doing work on it. I have seen that same message when others tried it, but then it worked a bit later. It is working now.
                              Kemasa.
                              False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                              Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                              Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                ugimports
                                Vendor/Retailer
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 6251

                                Originally posted by fairfaxjim
                                https://fcs.doj.ca.gov/login!displayLogin.do

                                Does anyone know where this URL came from? It was not in any correspondence I have received (I have User ID and PW). I was able to log on, change password (mandatory), update profile, print new FSC Instructor card, and download and print materials at that site.

                                Now when I attempt to log on I get:
                                The Firearms Certification System (FCS) is currently unavailable.

                                I am now wondering if this is a test site and all of the PW and profile info entered here will not be transferred to the site that goes live on Jan 1, 2015??

                                In the PDF I received my username in it was in the middle of the page where it said:
                                First Name
                                Last Name
                                DOJ Certified Instructor Number
                                Website: <here's where it was>
                                Userid
                                UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                                Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                                web​ / email / vendor forum

                                I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                                Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1