Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Firearms Safety Cert (FSC, HSC replacement)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    SmokinMr2
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 817

    Originally posted by fairfaxjim
    https://fcs.doj.ca.gov/login!displayLogin.do

    Does anyone know where this URL came from? It was not in any correspondence I have received (I have User ID and PW). I was able to log on, change password (mandatory), update profile, print new FSC Instructor card, and download and print materials at that site.

    Now when I attempt to log on I get:
    The Firearms Certification System (FCS) is currently unavailable.

    I am now wondering if this is a test site and all of the PW and profile info entered here will not be transferred to the site that goes live on Jan 1, 2015??
    The site that works is also different than the one in my email. The emailed site doesn't work. I guess we will see what happens on 1-1-15...
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor
    Utah CCW instructor

    Comment

    • #77
      ugimports
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Jun 2009
      • 6251

      Originally posted by SmokinMr2
      The site that works is also different than the one in my email. The emailed site doesn't work. I guess we will see what happens on 1-1-15...
      I have the 'other' site in my login email as well. However, in the lower section where it gave me my username is where the fsc site was given. Does yours not show that either?
      UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
      Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
      web​ / email / vendor forum

      I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

      Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

      Comment

      • #78
        halifax
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 4440

        Did anyone give this question any thought?

        Jim


        sigpic

        Comment

        • #79
          ugimports
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Jun 2009
          • 6251

          I missed that one. That's lame, but it does make things a little more consistent to track.
          UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
          Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
          web​ / email / vendor forum

          I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

          Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

          Comment

          • #80
            PolishMike
            Calguns Addict
            • Nov 2007
            • 6034

            One problem I see -

            It looks like the cards will be billed to individual accounts, not to the main CFD account. That makes it insanely difficult for shops like myself that have 15+ instructors. Do they pay and then I have to reimburse them?
            Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

            Comment

            • #81
              EBR Works
              Vendor/Retailer
              • Dec 2007
              • 10492

              We're considering using the customer's credit card to pay DOJ the $15 for their FSC. We'll collect the additional $10 separately.


              Check out our e-commerce site here:

              www.ebrworks.com

              Serving you from Prescott, AZ

              Comment

              • #82
                SmokinMr2
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 817

                Originally posted by ugimports
                I have the 'other' site in my login email as well. However, in the lower section where it gave me my username is where the fsc site was given. Does yours not show that either?
                You are correct. My email has both web addresses. I didn't bother checking the second

                Maybe they just "typo'd" the first one?
                NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor
                Utah CCW instructor

                Comment

                • #83
                  halifax
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 4440

                  How about having just one card that you all can use for FSC payments.
                  Jim


                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    PolishMike
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 6034

                    Originally posted by halifax
                    How about having just one card that you all can use for FSC payments.
                    The problem is that FSC instructors can conduct the tests outside of working at "X Gunshop"

                    You then have to reconcile which ones were done in the store, which ones weren't? Or what happens when someone quits? I don't know how we will be doing that...
                    Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      kemasa
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 10706

                      You could have them login and then you could pay for it. With the HSC, how does that work with the cards? Did each instructor have to order their own cards?
                      Kemasa.
                      False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                      Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                      Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        kemasa
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 10706

                        Originally posted by EBR Works
                        We're considering using the customer's credit card to pay DOJ the $15 for their FSC. We'll collect the additional $10 separately.
                        I would not do that. If they dispute the charges or for some reason it does not go through, it could cause issues with issuing any additional ones.
                        Kemasa.
                        False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                        Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                        Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          EBR Works
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Dec 2007
                          • 10492

                          Unless told not to do so by the DOJ, we will do it this way. It is the simplest solution.


                          Check out our e-commerce site here:

                          www.ebrworks.com

                          Serving you from Prescott, AZ

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            PolishMike
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Nov 2007
                            • 6034

                            Originally posted by EBR Works
                            Unless told not to do so by the DOJ, we will do it this way. It is the simplest solution.
                            Mike -

                            I don't think these will be billed individually. I think it will accumulate for a monthly invoice like DROS does.
                            Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              PolishMike
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 6034

                              Originally posted by kemasa
                              You could have them login and then you could pay for it. With the HSC, how does that work with the cards? Did each instructor have to order their own cards?
                              The store paid for all of the cards and they remained on-site. If an instructor wanted to have their own cards for use outside they would purchase them.
                              Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                EBR Works
                                Vendor/Retailer
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 10492

                                Originally posted by PolishMike
                                Mike -

                                I don't think these will be billed individually. I think it will accumulate for a monthly invoice like DROS does.
                                They are put into a cart and must be paid at the time of issuance. I asked this question of the DOJ and was told that there would be no billing option.


                                Check out our e-commerce site here:

                                www.ebrworks.com

                                Serving you from Prescott, AZ

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1