Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unable to deliver guns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Medics197
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 582

    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    Your delay should not be ID related then.
    NRA Life Of Duty Member

    Comment

    • devareaux87
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2020
      • 2

      Originally posted by 4P0X1
      So Turners is telling me that the DOJ has 30 days from the day that they switched me to Delayed status to determine if I'm eligible for gun ownership... So since my status was switched to Delayed on day 14, they are trying to tell me DOJ has another two weeks.

      Can anyone shed some light on this, I thought it was 30 days from the start of the DROS period...
      So wait, they're telling you that they have 45 days total to review your background because it was 'Delayed'?

      Someone else mentioned this on Reddit and everyone downvoted him because he said this. Now that you are mentioning it too, I might have to check this out further. This is some BS to the highest order.

      Comment

      • 4P0X1
        Member
        • Jun 2010
        • 321

        Yup, agents are circle jerking at home instead of working.

        I've had 2 live scans for work within the last year.

        Comment

        • taperxz
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2010
          • 19395

          Comment

          • EL GRIEGO
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2020
            • 54

            Originally posted by 4P0X1
            So Turners is telling me that the DOJ has 30 days from the day that they switched me to Delayed status to determine if I'm eligible for gun ownership... So since my status was switched to Delayed on day 14, they are trying to tell me DOJ has another two weeks.

            Can anyone shed some light on this, I thought it was 30 days from the start of the DROS period...
            Turner's is lying to you. I've posted the law in it's own thread

            Comment

            • stak28
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2020
              • 6

              El Griego is right, it's from when the DROS was submitted by the ffl, or when your 10 day waiting period began If you'd like the specific law, it's: CA penal code 28220(f)(4): https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...0.&lawCode=PEN

              Funny enough, you can also go to the DOJ Site: https://oag.ca.gov/firearms, it clearly states that it's when it starts and that the DOJ will reach out to the dealer at the end of 30 days and the dealer will be able to choose whether or not he'd like to deliver your firearm.

              Good luck.

              Comment

              • diogenes
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2010
                • 3

                Now on day 13

                So is this happening to everyone?

                Comment

                • 4P0X1
                  Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 321

                  Originally posted by stak28
                  El Griego is right, it's from when the DROS was submitted by the ffl, or when your 10 day waiting period began If you'd like the specific law, it's: CA penal code 28220(f)(4): https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...0.&lawCode=PEN

                  Funny enough, you can also go to the DOJ Site: https://oag.ca.gov/firearms, it clearly states that it's when it starts and that the DOJ will reach out to the dealer at the end of 30 days and the dealer will be able to choose whether or not he'd like to deliver your firearm.

                  Good luck.
                  Hopefully it's approved or undetermined by 2:32pm today. I'll report back on the results today.

                  Comment

                  • 4P0X1
                    Member
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 321

                    Day 30 and still DELAYED.... what a ****ing joke.

                    Comment

                    • Rinni
                      Junior Member
                      • Apr 2020
                      • 2

                      Just checked in with my FFL and approved on day 20. Super surprised since they said they’d call me - guess they got busy.

                      Also. Sorry 4P0X1 hoping you aren’t waiting too much longer. Especially if you go and re-DROS at the same place or somewhere else.

                      Comment

                      • 4P0X1
                        Member
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 321

                        Originally posted by Rinni
                        Just checked in with my FFL and approved on day 20. Super surprised since they said they’d call me - guess they got busy.

                        Also. Sorry 4P0X1 hoping you aren’t waiting too much longer. Especially if you go and re-DROS at the same place or somewhere else.
                        Definitely won't be doing a re-DROS at Turners.

                        DOJ is a ****ing joke. I have no idea why I was even delayed in the first place and delayed for this long. They should have my live scan on file, NEVER had any troubles with the law, 1-30 handguns isn't an issue because my last handgun purchase was a PPT (which was approved about a week before I started this DROS).

                        Comment

                        • Medics197
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 582

                          NRA Life Of Duty Member

                          Comment

                          • SkyHawk
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 23531

                            Day 10, still pending here.
                            Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                            Comment

                            • EL GRIEGO
                              Junior Member
                              • Mar 2020
                              • 54

                              Yea, no. I have a C&R and a COE. I had one go 28 days.

                              Comment

                              • EL GRIEGO
                                Junior Member
                                • Mar 2020
                                • 54

                                Originally posted by 4P0X1
                                Day 30 and still DELAYED.... what a ****ing joke.
                                It should switch to undetermined at 30 days to the second from there submitting the DROS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1