Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I'm gonna take a break from guns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    ifilef
    Banned
    • Apr 2008
    • 5665

    Originally posted by 00Medic
    Holy moly. That's crazy.
    I say you had every right to beat some sense into him. Literally, "beat" some sense.
    Sure, and possibly get shot? Why escalate the matter? Report to range master. Also, we do not know if indoor range or outdoor, if the guy was properly in the lane. How could round have come so close to OP's toe?

    I'd like more facts, though I haven't read whole thread yet.

    Comment

    • #77
      ifilef
      Banned
      • Apr 2008
      • 5665

      Originally posted by cc56
      I wish ranges would make the dividers between lanes bullet proof. I have been to a few that the separators did look like they would stop a pistol round. Others are cheap fiberglass/plastic. I mean if someone gets shot in the chest the lawsuit would be enormous. I know we sign away liability but that would not stop a shark lawyer from trying.
      In certain situations, signing away liability can be overcome if the waiver is overwhelmingly against public policy or poorly drafted.

      Comment

      • #78
        pitbull30
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • 3053

        Originally posted by Berg500
        Glad your okay and thanks for making us aware because I never thought about being shot at a range.
        Next time you are at the indoor range take a look at the walls next to you and ceiling directly above you.

        I do my best to go early morning or on a random day when less people are likely to be around.

        Comment

        • #79
          cmichini
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2008
          • 1739

          Call 911 and have him busted for ADW. It doesn't have to hit you to be a crime.
          NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
          NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

          Comment

          • #80
            Branden967
            Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 228

            Originally posted by pitbull30
            Next time you are at the indoor range take a look at the walls next to you and ceiling directly above you.

            I do my best to go early morning or on a random day when less people are likely to be around.
            +1 on the above. I love looking at the hole in the ceiling wondering how in the **** did that get there.

            Comment

            • #81
              swat
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 643

              Originally posted by Wallabing
              I was at the shooting range, and there was a guy wearing a camo baseball cap right next to me attempting to unload his Glock.

              He removed the magazine, racked the slide 20 times rapidly, locked the slide back, inserted a magazine, pointed it at the ground, and pulled the trigger in an attempt to dry fire it.

              The bullet hit almost 2 inches away from my toe.

              I'm think I'm gonna take a break from guns for awhile.
              Please identify the range

              Comment

              • #82
                POLICESTATE
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Apr 2009
                • 18185

                Originally posted by swat
                Please identify the range
                Let's try a different tactic.

                OP: if you don't identify the range we're all going to assume it was Targetmasters.

                Up to you to tell us different.
                -POLICESTATE,
                In the name of the State, and of the School, and of the Infallible Science


                sigpic


                Government Official Lies
                . F r e e d o m . D i e s .

                Comment

                • #83
                  decepticon6551
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 1484

                  Works for me

                  Originally posted by Paul_R
                  A week ago Congress was asking Tide to change their pod designs so teenagers would stop eating them.

                  Now this week the media thinks teenagers should determine gun control laws.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    Wallabing
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 1499

                    Just to let everyone know what happened after, right after the negligent discharge, everyone around froze still for around 1 minute trying to make sense what happened.

                    The range employee then came around asking if everyone was alright, then the perpertrators girlfriend/wife began nagging non stop, and because of that I think the perpertrator got off with a slap on the hand.

                    The guy with the camo baseball cap and his wife/girfriend/walking skeleton showed no regret or remorse.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1