Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:29 AM
49erlife's Avatar
49erlife 49erlife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 196
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdarrin@sbcglobal.net View Post
Well, maybe.
The ranges I frequent require a weapon inspection before moving past the front counter and entering the range. If this range has a similar policy, they should have raised an objection before OP got on the range. If they don't have that policy, they are asking for problems.
nope they didnt even look. i just walked in. paid. & then went to range & started shooting

Last edited by 49erlife; 10-16-2012 at 7:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-14-2012, 4:12 PM
slo5oh slo5oh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 736
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I was informed at Manteca sporsman a couple Weeks back that they do not allow AR pistols because knuckleheads were using them at the 100 yard range and shooting over the berm.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-14-2012, 4:38 PM
Bigtwin's Avatar
Bigtwin Bigtwin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: N. Cal
Posts: 1,749
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

49erlife, They can be really off on the laws, just depends on the person working the range. They used to only allow top loading ARs when the bullet button was still new. They never used to sell AR parts until the last couple years(they are a bit behind on laws). Now they sell complete ARs and parts.
GFOS can be dumb and can be cool, like when my buddy wanted to shoot 1 round out of his hunting rifle because in the previous deer season he missed a buck because an expensive Nosler 30-06 round failed to fire. He just wanted to make sure it was not the rifle. They did not charge him at all, he shot one round and walked out and said thank you.
Another option since you are in Solano county is the Yolo Sportsman Association between Woodland and Davis. I am a member there. They have 7yd, 15yd, 25yd, 50yd and 100yd ranges. They are not picky and have no problem with AR and AK pistols. Very nice folks and only basic safety rules.
__________________
NRA MEMBER
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-14-2012, 4:47 PM
tuna quesadilla tuna quesadilla is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,622
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erlife View Post
nope they didnt even look. i just walked in. paid. & then went to range & started shooting

just click the picture....ITS VIDEO

Don't ride the charging handle forwards like that
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Danz la Nuit Danz la Nuit is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,286
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

support@gunsfishing.com
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 AM
gunsfishing's Avatar
gunsfishing gunsfishing is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default just a follow as to WHY ask to leave the range

Abraham,

THANK YOU for making this post and bringing this situation to my attention.

First, I will be the first to admit, YES..WE TEND TO BE VERY CONSERVATIVE ON GUN REGS AND LAWS. We understand this is not popular with a few people, but when it comes to our FFL, we tend to be a little protective.

I wanted to make sure we did not sell the firearm in question as it seemed to be reflected in your post, because YES, it is our understanding that this particular firearm in order to be CA legal must in fact have a bullet button as well as set up as a single shot only. However, to make sure we are not in error, we have forwarded this post with your information & firearm information to DOJ, and am awaiting their response. Once I get their written response, I will gladly post it here as well.

YES, I will agree...there should have been pre-inspection of your firearm. (FYI...now will more than likely be a firearm inspection prior to entering the range). We ASSUMED that the TWO signs (one on the counter and one just before entering the range stating: NO (in 4 inch red letters) PISTOL STYLE AR OR AK-47 RIFLES ALLOWED IN RANGE would suffice but obviousley as noted in your post, we were wrong and as a result will be changing our policy.

YES, I will agree and as I stated before, it is our policy to tend to be conservative at times when interpretting the constantly changing gun laws. I will speak with the staff to insure they represent this correctly when discussing these situations with our customers. There could very well be times when in FACT OUR POLICY MIGHT EXCEED ATCUAL GUN LAWS...but when it comes to safety and the fact it is our licensing at risk...WE WILL ALWAYS BE CONSERVATIVE when setting range policies!

To the person whom stated there were the range master whom kicked Abraham off of the range, we have no idea whom you are. We would appreciate it if you did not represent yourself as an employee of our company....THANK YOU!!

PLEASE...we understand...we are not perfect but are working very hard to insure everyone has a safe & fun environment to shoot....while trying to enforce the rules we have established. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS...FEEL FREE TO DROP ME A MESSAGE!! If I can help or improve on anything....I will gladly listen!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!






a
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erlife View Post
Today my 10 day waiting period was up for my AK47 Krinkov m92 pistol. After I picked it up I went to the range. After putting 40 rounds through it I was approached by the range employees. I was than kicked off the range & told that the AK47 pistol is ILLEGAL in the state of CA.

I got this gun legally. It is in my name. Has a Ca. bullet button & a 10 round mag. Am I missing something here? Is this guy wrong & dont know his info or did I buy an illegal gun? I am new to this state so I need some help please & thank you.
__________________
Kevin Yost
Guns Fishing & Other Stuff
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 AM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,237
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Kevin,

Legal TO SELL AS NEW and legal to OWN are two different things. You can buy a single shot pistol but convert it as an owner, just like you can change things in your car that a dealer cannot. That does not make the gun illegal.

Otherwise you'd be saying a gun has to be on the CA list to take to your range. When a gun drops off the roster do you no longer allow it in?

"Conservative" is a subjective term. Wheel guns only. Single action only. Where do you draw the line? Is my CA legal Serbu Super Shorty allowed? How about a blinged out Desert Eagle? You state NO AR OR AK PISTOLS and that's you policy restricting that, not a law, and I'm fine with that. Some ranges hate rapid fire. Some hate shotguns. Most hate a gun because of an idiot user in the past, not the gun itself.

But his gun as configured was not illegal.
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
49erlife's Avatar
49erlife 49erlife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 196
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsfishing View Post
Abraham,

THANK YOU for making this post and bringing this situation to my attention.

First, I will be the first to admit, YES..WE TEND TO BE VERY CONSERVATIVE ON GUN REGS AND LAWS. We understand this is not popular with a few people, but when it comes to our FFL, we tend to be a little protective.

I wanted to make sure we did not sell the firearm in question as it seemed to be reflected in your post, because YES, it is our understanding that this particular firearm in order to be CA legal must in fact have a bullet button as well as set up as a single shot only. However, to make sure we are not in error, we have forwarded this post with your information & firearm information to DOJ, and am awaiting their response. Once I get their written response, I will gladly post it here as well.

YES, I will agree...there should have been pre-inspection of your firearm. (FYI...now will more than likely be a firearm inspection prior to entering the range). We ASSUMED that the TWO signs (one on the counter and one just before entering the range stating: NO (in 4 inch red letters) PISTOL STYLE AR OR AK-47 RIFLES ALLOWED IN RANGE would suffice but obviousley as noted in your post, we were wrong and as a result will be changing our policy.

YES, I will agree and as I stated before, it is our policy to tend to be conservative at times when interpretting the constantly changing gun laws. I will speak with the staff to insure they represent this correctly when discussing these situations with our customers. There could very well be times when in FACT OUR POLICY MIGHT EXCEED ATCUAL GUN LAWS...but when it comes to safety and the fact it is our licensing at risk...WE WILL ALWAYS BE CONSERVATIVE when setting range policies!

To the person whom stated there were the range master whom kicked Abraham off of the range, we have no idea whom you are. We would appreciate it if you did not represent yourself as an employee of our company....THANK YOU!!

PLEASE...we understand...we are not perfect but are working very hard to insure everyone has a safe & fun environment to shoot....while trying to enforce the rules we have established. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS...FEEL FREE TO DROP ME A MESSAGE!! If I can help or improve on anything....I will gladly listen!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!






a

Hello & thanks for your input. I have been to your range many times & I had never seen the small sign that says ak/ar pistols are not allowed. I was shown the sign when asked to leave. & No i did not purchase it from you.
& yes my firearm is completely legal. As for the "single shot". Yes that is how they are to be sold. But there is a single shot exemption.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=383692
__________________
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2014 WS CHAMPIONS
#ChampionBlood
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Smoke&Rattler's Avatar
Smoke&Rattler Smoke&Rattler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 275
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsfishing View Post
Abraham,

THANK YOU for making this post and bringing this situation to my attention.

First, I will be the first to admit, YES..WE TEND TO BE VERY CONSERVATIVE ON GUN REGS AND LAWS. We understand this is not popular with a few people, but when it comes to our FFL, we tend to be a little protective.

I wanted to make sure we did not sell the firearm in question as it seemed to be reflected in your post, because YES, it is our understanding that this particular firearm in order to be CA legal must in fact have a bullet button as well as set up as a single shot only. However, to make sure we are not in error, we have forwarded this post with your information & firearm information to DOJ, and am awaiting their response. Once I get their written response, I will gladly post it here as well.

YES, I will agree...there should have been pre-inspection of your firearm. (FYI...now will more than likely be a firearm inspection prior to entering the range). We ASSUMED that the TWO signs (one on the counter and one just before entering the range stating: NO (in 4 inch red letters) PISTOL STYLE AR OR AK-47 RIFLES ALLOWED IN RANGE would suffice but obviousley as noted in your post, we were wrong and as a result will be changing our policy.

YES, I will agree and as I stated before, it is our policy to tend to be conservative at times when interpretting the constantly changing gun laws. I will speak with the staff to insure they represent this correctly when discussing these situations with our customers. There could very well be times when in FACT OUR POLICY MIGHT EXCEED ATCUAL GUN LAWS...but when it comes to safety and the fact it is our licensing at risk...WE WILL ALWAYS BE CONSERVATIVE when setting range policies!

To the person whom stated there were the range master whom kicked Abraham off of the range, we have no idea whom you are. We would appreciate it if you did not represent yourself as an employee of our company....THANK YOU!!

PLEASE...we understand...we are not perfect but are working very hard to insure everyone has a safe & fun environment to shoot....while trying to enforce the rules we have established. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS...FEEL FREE TO DROP ME A MESSAGE!! If I can help or improve on anything....I will gladly listen!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!






a
Professional response until you hit the bold part. Just my opinion.

Is it safe to assume if your wrong (according to DOJ), you will give the OP a free day at your range for what you put him through?
__________________
Brown 3 million. His opponent 2.1 million. Gun owners 8 million. Shouldn't his opponent have received 8 million and we have a pro gun governor??

Storm Lake Conversion Barrel. XD357SIG - $100
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 AM
gunsfishing's Avatar
gunsfishing gunsfishing is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default really????

OK...I had to get up out of my chair and make sure I came to work at the right store....LOL...sorry...sometimes posts I read about our store do in fact make me smile.

#1 - We do in fact quote prices over the phone. Actually, in many cases, I personally have helped customers with price only phone calls, arranged the firearm to be available on line, and arranged for in store pick ups....especially for customers coming great distances.

#2 - YES...I will agree. Many times the gun staff are in fact just too busy with actual customers in the store that getting to the phone calls is a little difficult...but we are trying to make sure each and every phone call has EVERY QUESTION answered. Which again is WHY policies have been set up that if the gun staff is busy with actual customers in the store, many of the calls come to me. Many times, customers just email me directly.... kevin@gunsfishing.com.....just helped a customer this morning as a result of what was stated as not happening in this post.

#3 - Over priced garbage store??? OK...guess that means our Smith & Wesson Sale, where over 350 firearms were sold in 3 days...where several firearms were set at either $50.00 or $75.00 over cost...was garbage?? Or RUGER DAYS or GLOCK DAYS....or AMMO prices where at times would be hard pressed to find lower prices in the entire nation...or a gun inventory where a person would be hard pressed to find anywhere....so really garbage??

OK...we will not make everyone happy all the time...we understand that....be to say over priced garbage store....well....but please???????

ANYWAY...if I can help you with ANYTHING...you have my name and email...the store number is 707-451-1199....I AM HERE TO HELP!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by 21SF View Post
The Canyon sports of Vacaville.
Over priced garbage store anyway. Its funny the thing they have in common with Canyon in Martinez is they wont quote prices over the phone. Why? Because they are way over priced.
__________________
Kevin Yost
Guns Fishing & Other Stuff
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 AM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,237
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I guess asking you for an SSE is out of the question.....
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 AM
49erlife's Avatar
49erlife 49erlife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 196
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsfishing View Post
OK...I had to get up out of my chair and make sure I came to work at the right store....LOL...sorry...sometimes posts I read about our store do in fact make me smile.

#1 - We do in fact quote prices over the phone. Actually, in many cases, I personally have helped customers with price only phone calls, arranged the firearm to be available on line, and arranged for in store pick ups....especially for customers coming great distances.

#2 - YES...I will agree. Many times the gun staff are in fact just too busy with actual customers in the store that getting to the phone calls is a little difficult...but we are trying to make sure each and every phone call has EVERY QUESTION answered. Which again is WHY policies have been set up that if the gun staff is busy with actual customers in the store, many of the calls come to me. Many times, customers just email me directly.... kevin@gunsfishing.com.....just helped a customer this morning as a result of what was stated as not happening in this post.

#3 - Over priced garbage store??? OK...guess that means our Smith & Wesson Sale, where over 350 firearms were sold in 3 days...where several firearms were set at either $50.00 or $75.00 over cost...was garbage?? Or RUGER DAYS or GLOCK DAYS....or AMMO prices where at times would be hard pressed to find lower prices in the entire nation...or a gun inventory where a person would be hard pressed to find anywhere....so really garbage??

OK...we will not make everyone happy all the time...we understand that....be to say over priced garbage store....well....but please???????

ANYWAY...if I can help you with ANYTHING...you have my name and email...the store number is 707-451-1199....I AM HERE TO HELP!!!


I think you guys have a great selection. I have bought a Handgun from you guys & got a great deal. That was just 1 bad experience that I had out of the countless times I have been at your range. I did not mean for everyone to "dog pile" you guys with negative stuff on this post. I was just making sure I was not in the wrong here. Overall, I love your guys store. Have a blessed day sir.
__________________
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2014 WS CHAMPIONS
#ChampionBlood
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Felix168 Felix168 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 473
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madd556 View Post
I remember a couple years back, hearing one of their employees explain how the bullet buttoned ARs were illegal which was why they didn't sell them.
No longer the case. They have quite a few ARs in stock.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-15-2012, 11:17 AM
gunsfishing's Avatar
gunsfishing gunsfishing is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

WELL SAID and GREAT EXAMPLE!!

and there in demonstrates our delima. Can you get a 15 shot clip and put it in a firearm? YES....but is that legal in CA? Is a firearm that legally sold as a single shot legal if it now has a 10 shot or greater clip?

So...we are left with the issue of trying to provide a safe and fun range, while trying to stay ahead of ALL of the ever changing regs/laws...not easy...and YES...frustrating for both us and the shooters...I UNDERSTAND THAT....and it is a NO WIN AT TIMES for us.

Then we would have to deal with the issue of a this...a firearm was LEGAL when SOLD..but because of mods not NOT LEGAL....it is a mess for us....so we have decided to try to stick with LEGAL TO BE SOLD....and even then we do not get it right all of the time...but we try...and for sure...no way possible to make evryone happy...all of the time.

All I can say....we are trying, I apologize if we do not get it right all of the time....and THANK YOU to all of you for expressing your views...I read them all!!!

AGAIN...if I can help...now you all know how to get in touch with me!!

THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
Kevin,

Legal TO SELL AS NEW and legal to OWN are two different things. You can buy a single shot pistol but convert it as an owner, just like you can change things in your car that a dealer cannot. That does not make the gun illegal.

Otherwise you'd be saying a gun has to be on the CA list to take to your range. When a gun drops off the roster do you no longer allow it in?

"Conservative" is a subjective term. Wheel guns only. Single action only. Where do you draw the line? Is my CA legal Serbu Super Shorty allowed? How about a blinged out Desert Eagle? You state NO AR OR AK PISTOLS and that's you policy restricting that, not a law, and I'm fine with that. Some ranges hate rapid fire. Some hate shotguns. Most hate a gun because of an idiot user in the past, not the gun itself.

But his gun as configured was not illegal.
__________________
Kevin Yost
Guns Fishing & Other Stuff
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 AM
gunsfishing's Avatar
gunsfishing gunsfishing is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

NOT TRUE...I CHECKED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdarrin@sbcglobal.net View Post
If true, then you should be fired. You're doing your business no favors.

If false, then you're not funny. Better luck next time.
__________________
Kevin Yost
Guns Fishing & Other Stuff
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM
49erlife's Avatar
49erlife 49erlife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 196
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsfishing View Post
WELL SAID and GREAT EXAMPLE!!

and there in demonstrates our delima. Can you get a 15 shot clip and put it in a firearm? YES....but is that legal in CA? Is a firearm that legally sold as a single shot legal if it now has a 10 shot or greater clip?

So...we are left with the issue of trying to provide a safe and fun range, while trying to stay ahead of ALL of the ever changing regs/laws...not easy...and YES...frustrating for both us and the shooters...I UNDERSTAND THAT....and it is a NO WIN AT TIMES for us.

Then we would have to deal with the issue of a this...a firearm was LEGAL when SOLD..but because of mods not NOT LEGAL....it is a mess for us....so we have decided to try to stick with LEGAL TO BE SOLD....and even then we do not get it right all of the time...but we try...and for sure...no way possible to make evryone happy...all of the time.

All I can say....we are trying, I apologize if we do not get it right all of the time....and THANK YOU to all of you for expressing your views...I read them all!!!

AGAIN...if I can help...now you all know how to get in touch with me!!

THANK YOU!!!


Thanks for taking my call Kevin. Instead of just firing of reply's online I would rather have spoke with you. Thanks for clearing up some of the issues we are talking about. Have a blessed day.
__________________
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2014 WS CHAMPIONS
#ChampionBlood
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,237
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I can walk into your range with a brand new gun designed last year and a 15 round magazine for it that did not exist before last year. Not illegal.

It is illegal to buy the mag.
It is illegal to give it away.
Or borrow it. Etc.

It is not illegal to receive it or own it.
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-15-2012, 11:43 AM
gunsfishing's Avatar
gunsfishing gunsfishing is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

THANK YOU for calling!! Pleasure speaking with you!!

I will get the information from DOJ and post it.

and YES...if I am wrong...you got an FREE HOUR ON ME...Abraham!!

and as I said...HONESTLY...do not worry about the dogpiling!! If I do not hear about some of these concerns or hear input from these people...I have no chance to to try to improve. Like I said, we can not make everyone happy....but HEY....will try.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erlife View Post
I think you guys have a great selection. I have bought a Handgun from you guys & got a great deal. That was just 1 bad experience that I had out of the countless times I have been at your range. I did not mean for everyone to "dog pile" you guys with negative stuff on this post. I was just making sure I was not in the wrong here. Overall, I love your guys store. Have a blessed day sir.
__________________
Kevin Yost
Guns Fishing & Other Stuff
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
winnre's Avatar
winnre winnre is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IE, Southern CA
Posts: 9,237
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Well GF&OS looks like you are getting some free ad time here!
__________________
"If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:04 PM
49erlife's Avatar
49erlife 49erlife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 196
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
Well GF&OS looks like you are getting some free ad time here!
lol
__________________
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2014 WS CHAMPIONS
#ChampionBlood
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:09 PM
49erlife's Avatar
49erlife 49erlife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 196
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsfishing View Post
THANK YOU for calling!! Pleasure speaking with you!!

I will get the information from DOJ and post it.

and YES...if I am wrong...you got an FREE HOUR ON ME...Abraham!!

and as I said...HONESTLY...do not worry about the dogpiling!! If I do not hear about some of these concerns or hear input from these people...I have no chance to to try to improve. Like I said, we can not make everyone happy....but HEY....will try.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
DOJ WILL PROBLY HAVE NO COMMENT ON GUN MODIFICATION & JUST REFER TO PENAL CODE 32110 & PENAL CODE 32100. But ok. I will read their reply when you post it.
__________________
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2014 WS CHAMPIONS
#ChampionBlood
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Smoke&Rattler's Avatar
Smoke&Rattler Smoke&Rattler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 275
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsfishing View Post
THANK YOU for calling!! Pleasure speaking with you!!

I will get the information from DOJ and post it.

and YES...if I am wrong...you got an FREE HOUR ON ME...Abraham!!

and as I said...HONESTLY...do not worry about the dogpiling!! If I do not hear about some of these concerns or hear input from these people...I have no chance to to try to improve. Like I said, we can not make everyone happy....but HEY....will try.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
Good man. If you refunded Abraham the first time around (after he left), then this is nice of you. If he left, and you keep his range fee. Then, the free hour plus refund should apply. Only fair.
__________________
Brown 3 million. His opponent 2.1 million. Gun owners 8 million. Shouldn't his opponent have received 8 million and we have a pro gun governor??

Storm Lake Conversion Barrel. XD357SIG - $100
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-15-2012, 4:25 PM
EL_NinO619's Avatar
EL_NinO619 EL_NinO619 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,509
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Someone post link on legality's.
__________________
se carga el diablo de la pistola...
.223, .25acp, 25-20win, 9mm, 38spl/.357, 10mm .308, 8mm M, 7mm Rem Mag, 45acp, .475 Wildey mag
On 2 Hornady LnL AP & Dillon Super 1050
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10-15-2012, 4:57 PM
Quickdraw559 Quickdraw559 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Madera, CA
Posts: 953
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke&Rattler View Post
Good man. If you refunded Abraham the first time around (after he left), then this is nice of you. If he left, and you keep his range fee. Then, the free hour plus refund should apply. Only fair.
That's what I'm thinking. A free hour or free gun rental or something.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 10-15-2012, 5:07 PM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,275
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsfishing View Post
WELL SAID and GREAT EXAMPLE!!

and there in demonstrates our delima. Can you get a 15 shot clip and put it in a firearm? YES....but is that legal in CA? Is a firearm that legally sold as a single shot legal if it now has a 10 shot or greater clip?
Yes. Would a 2 round magazine be better somehow?

Quote:
So...we are left with the issue of trying to provide a safe and fun range, while trying to stay ahead of ALL of the ever changing regs/laws...not easy...and YES...frustrating for both us and the shooters...I UNDERSTAND THAT....and it is a NO WIN AT TIMES for us.
It's not a safety issue.

Quote:
Then we would have to deal with the issue of a this...a firearm was LEGAL when SOLD..but because of mods not NOT LEGAL....
No, you guys think it's not legal(and you're wrong). Please let us know where you've been reading that someone can't modify a single shot gun to have a magazine with multiple rounds.
Quote:
it is a mess for us....so we have decided to try to stick with LEGAL TO BE SOLD....and even then we do not get it right all of the time...but we try...and for sure...no way possible to make evryone happy...all of the time.
It's not for you to decide what's legal and what isn't. You can decide what you want to allow at your range, but don't tell people their guns are illegal when you just admitted you don't get it right.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 10-15-2012, 5:23 PM
Rugerdaddy's Avatar
Rugerdaddy Rugerdaddy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 668
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erlife View Post
Ohhhh! Desert Sand colored grip. Illegal in California, as that is considered camouflage, which we all know is an evil feature. I read it online somewhere. Oh yeah, and a clerk at my local gunshop told me, too, so I know it's true.
__________________
MSGT, USAF Ret.
NRA Member
Monthly Contributor to CGF

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 10-15-2012, 5:26 PM
EL_NinO619's Avatar
EL_NinO619 EL_NinO619 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,509
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

This shop clearly does not want it to be legal. It is a joke to kick someone out of your range because you "think" the gun may be illegal. This kind of stuff should not be tolerated from a gun shop.
__________________
se carga el diablo de la pistola...
.223, .25acp, 25-20win, 9mm, 38spl/.357, 10mm .308, 8mm M, 7mm Rem Mag, 45acp, .475 Wildey mag
On 2 Hornady LnL AP & Dillon Super 1050
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 10-15-2012, 5:30 PM
surplus-addict's Avatar
surplus-addict surplus-addict is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The capital provence of Kalifornistan
Posts: 6,497
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsfishing View Post
NO (in 4 inch red letters) PISTOL STYLE AR OR AK-47 RIFLES ALLOWED IN RANGE



Why? WHY?!?!? I mean, if it's a pistol range and it can't handle rifle powered cartridges, okay, understood. But if the range can handle rifle rounds, and you allow rifles in, why wouldn't you allow these pistols? It makes no SENSE!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loophole View Post
What's a PIN number? Or an ATM?
You don't watch much porn, do you?
Hammer
1. The weapon of Kestryll
Hammered:
1. Getting BTFO by Kestryll with the hammer

Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 10-15-2012, 6:42 PM
gesundheit's Avatar
gesundheit gesundheit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,136
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsfishing View Post
However, to make sure we are not in error, we have forwarded this post with your information & firearm information to DOJ, and am awaiting their response.
What was the need for sending Abraham's personal information to DOJ?
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 10-15-2012, 6:46 PM
ChaneRZ ChaneRZ is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,043
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

LOL OMG
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 10-15-2012, 7:14 PM
Paul_R's Avatar
Paul_R Paul_R is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 1,673
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesundheit View Post
What was the need for sending Abraham's personal information to DOJ?
Exactly why I would never, ever set foot in that dump. Made that mistake once and as soon as that "salesman" opened his mouth I knew I was in the wrong place.
__________________
Question authority
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-15-2012, 7:32 PM
49erlife's Avatar
49erlife 49erlife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 196
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesundheit View Post
What was the need for sending Abraham's personal information to DOJ?
Ya, when I read his reply that was the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way. My initial thought was that he was upset about the whole post & everyones comments. Because if he just wanted to clear the air with the legality of the issue my name/information would be irrelevant. My thought was that he was attempting to turn me into the DOJ. Which is no laughing matter. But someone cannot be charged for something that is not illegal. Every firearm I own is on the up & up. No worries over here. I am no knuckle head. I am a hard working family man.
__________________
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2014 WS CHAMPIONS
#ChampionBlood
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10-15-2012, 7:35 PM
49erlife's Avatar
49erlife 49erlife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 196
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
Ohhhh! Desert Sand colored grip. Illegal in California, as that is considered camouflage, which we all know is an evil feature. I read it online somewhere. Oh yeah, and a clerk at my local gunshop told me, too, so I know it's true.
lol. thats funny. good one.
__________________
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2014 WS CHAMPIONS
#ChampionBlood
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-15-2012, 7:42 PM
Plisk's Avatar
Plisk Plisk is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 3,016
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surplus-addict View Post
Why? WHY?!?!? I mean, if it's a pistol range and it can't handle rifle powered cartridges, okay, understood. But if the range can handle rifle rounds, and you allow rifles in, why wouldn't you allow these pistols? It makes no SENSE!
There are some people in this world who own guns and shoot them at ranges that are unsafe. Those who are unsafe with a high powered cartridge can do some serious damage. Those who have seen such unsafe activity and do not wish to have it repeat in their place of business may wish to deny such things. We call this Idiot Proofing, which unfortunately has to exist in this industry as well.
__________________
"If it wears out, replace it. If it breaks, upgrade." -Cranky Air Force Vet.

Kevin
*Certified Glock Armorer
*Certified Sig (Classic Series) Armorer
*Certified Remington 870 Armorer
*AK Builder, Armorer, Operator - Trained by Rifle Dynamics*
*FFL Employee*
*Trained Gunsmith*
**SERVICES OFFERED! PM IF INTERESTED**
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-15-2012, 7:49 PM
gant's Avatar
gant gant is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Solano County
Posts: 1,442
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erlife View Post
Guns fishing & other stuff in Vacaville ca
i shoot there alot, it says right there on the counter NO AR OR AK PISTOLS allowed its just there rules
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-15-2012, 7:49 PM
49erlife's Avatar
49erlife 49erlife is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 196
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
Exactly why I would never, ever set foot in that dump. Made that mistake once and as soon as that "salesman" opened his mouth I knew I was in the wrong place.
YA, THIS WHOLE POST JUST TURNED SERIOUSLY NOT FUNNY ANYMORE WHEN MY INFO & DOJ WERE MENTIONED IN THE SAME SENTENCE. BUT I HAVE PREVIOUSLY SPOKE WITH THE DOJ ON A SEPARATE OCCASION & WHEN I ASKED ABOUT CONVERTING A SINGLE SHOT MAGAZINE TO A 10 SHOT MAGAZINE THEY SAID, QUOTE, "THE DOJ REFUSES TO COMMENT ON THE MODIFICATION OF A SINGLE SHOT PISTOL. WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS IS LOCATED IN PENAL CODE 32110 & PENAL CODE 32100."

SO IN OTHER WORDS...... WE CANNOT SAY YOU CANNOT COVERT A SINGLE SHOT TO A 10 SHOT BECAUSE THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST IT. I AM A COMPLETE LAW ABIDING CITIZEN SO I MAKE 100% SURE THAT EVERYTHING I DO IS LINED UP WITH BEING LEGAL. I AM A SINGLE DAD OF 3 KIDS THAT NEED ME SO I WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING TO JEOPARDIZE MY FREEDOM.
__________________
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2014 WS CHAMPIONS
#ChampionBlood
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-15-2012, 8:11 PM
Bluesami's Avatar
Bluesami Bluesami is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 320
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsfishing View Post
WELL SAID and GREAT EXAMPLE!!

and there in demonstrates our delima. Can you get a 15 shot clip and put it in a firearm? YES....but is that legal in CA? Is a firearm that legally sold as a single shot legal if it now has a 10 shot or greater clip?

So...we are left with the issue of trying to provide a safe and fun range, while trying to stay ahead of ALL of the ever changing regs/laws...not easy...and YES...frustrating for both us and the shooters...I UNDERSTAND THAT....and it is a NO WIN AT TIMES for us.

Then we would have to deal with the issue of a this...a firearm was LEGAL when SOLD..but because of mods not NOT LEGAL....it is a mess for us....so we have decided to try to stick with LEGAL TO BE SOLD....and even then we do not get it right all of the time...but we try...and for sure...no way possible to make evryone happy...all of the time.

All I can say....we are trying, I apologize if we do not get it right all of the time....and THANK YOU to all of you for expressing your views...I read them all!!!

AGAIN...if I can help...now you all know how to get in touch with me!!

THANK YOU!!!
Wait wait.. you own a gun store and use the word clips??? Wtf?
Lol. I am glad i live in sac and have stores with a lot more knowledge and better prices!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-15-2012, 8:32 PM
FresnoCNC's Avatar
FresnoCNC FresnoCNC is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 371
iTrader: 11 / 92%
Default

**** just got real! I'll never support this store in my life.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-15-2012, 9:07 PM
EL_NinO619's Avatar
EL_NinO619 EL_NinO619 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,509
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

This was a Conversation I had with Kevin from Customer Service. What do you think, Now my name is going to DOJ?

(Me)You should not tell people that AK pistol are illegal. They are not
and you should check the laws and flow chart, if you do not want them
on your range by all means its your range and that's okay. But to tell
someone it is illegal to won when in fact its not, not cool.

Justin,

ANY firearm that is SOLD as a single shot, and is on the DOJ list as a single shot, with the single shot exemption....meaning it MUST stay as single shot in order to still be legal.

So the gun as it was in our range was an illegal firearm, and if the FFL dealer sold the firearm by telling their customer that the one shot exemption allowed him the opportunity to modify the weapon from being a single shot....did so illegally as well. As I noted, we have sent the entire purchase to DOJ and DOJ is investigating it now.

On 10/15/2012 1:18 PM, GFOS Support wrote:

to Kevin

I advise you to research this more and thread lightly. We need gun shops to support us. It does NOT have to stay a SS. But you have all the right to protect you ffl by means you feel fit. I am not argueing with you just giving you a heads up to research more. As a fellow business owner I do not want you to lose business because you are not currently informed. Thanks for the response and good luck.

Justin,

Actually, I am not going to argue....period!! We have researched this, and as a result of this post, we are as well as DOJ are researching it again....but as it stands...ANY firearm sold as a single shot....must in fact stay a single shot in order to meet the requirement set forth in the single shot exemption. I assume you are informed as to WHAT the use of the single shot exemption affords a manufacturer to do or not to do in order to get a firearm on the DOJ approved list?

First off...who is US?
Second...."I advise you to research this more and TREAD LIGHTLY" meant as a suggestion or threat??

As soon as I hear back from DOJ...I will post thier response. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY....be thankful I wrote the response....you would have liked the first response even less!!

to me
do you work for a gun manufacturer? if so....who???

(me)I mean no threats at all, just saying some people will stop shopping there. I don't care I live no where near you nor do I shop at your store. Just was simply writing you before you posted on thread. Why would you have ATF investagate? Do you mean you wrote a letter for response?

(me)Who I work for in the Firearm Industry is unrelevant.

Kevin

3:49 PM (6 hours ago)

to me
first...who mentioned anything about ATF?? I simply stated we are having DOJ look into this matter regarding this particular firearm, and the one shot exemption.

you never answered my question....you work for a manfuacturer...if who????

to Kevin
(Me)Sorry meant DOJ. I am contacting you personally, Not representing who I work for.

Kevin

4:58 PM (5 hours ago)

to me
no it is not...but that's fine....if that is how you want to play it.

we have already started contacted our reps and vendors, and will soon have the answers we need.

see...i don't take lightly being told to tread lightly by someone whom obviousley in the industry...and seeminly more interested in promoting sales at the expense of how the laws are represented.

Kevin

4:59 PM (5 hours ago)

to me
ok..but you are from a firearm manufacturer...will have the answers I need...thanks.

have you talked to Jay from Franklin Armoury today??

to Kevin

(Me)Sir you have me all wrong. Again I first wrote you before you posted 2nd all I meant by thread lightly, again is sometimes people over react on that fourum. Any ways I look forward yo seeing the letter.

to Kevin

(me)No I have not spoke with FA.

Kevin

5:17 PM (4 hours ago)

to me
well...the owner did not take lightly to your tread lightly and will find out...he kinda has a nack at that....problem is he would have just prefered you to say upfront whom you were and what manufacturer you are with.....now he wants to know so he will not buy a gun from them....LOL....he doesnt tread lightly!!

to Kevin
(Me)Well the owner is going WAY overboard, I did not say tread lightly, I said THREAD lightly, as In watch what you say on that post because of reactions from others. Do you not understand I am NOT your enemy. I wrote you to give you a heads up. Are you guys really that bored there?

Kevin

5:33 PM (4 hours ago)

to me
no...not bored...he is just very pissed at the manner in which you told him to research, know the law, and THREAD LIGHTLY.....not a smart move....you would have been better to just be straight up.

have a good one....

to Kevin
(Me)Listen up, When did I ever say anything combative, That's right never. And how many times do I have to explain it that I was looking out for your interest. Look if you want to waste your time and money looking in to who I work for more power to you, but you should really put your resources elsewhere. Once again I represent myself. So if you would like to get all snotty well....

to Kevin
(Me)The SSE requires some very specific rule-following to make it legal. When you look up an LCP, it's clearly NOT a single-shot firearm. California cares what the condition of the gun is at the time of sale. Therefore, that LCP must be legally made into something OTHER than a Ruger LCP. It takes an 07 FFL to legally do that. That FFL takes certain parts off, puts certain parts on, renders it into a single-shot pistol that is dimensionally compliant, and re-brands the Ruger into his/her own make, model, and serial number. When that is done, it's called "manufacturing" because a new gun has been created. An 01 FFL licensee is not authorized to manufacture new guns. An 07 FFL licensee is. Unless your favorite gun shop is also an 07 FFL, they may not convert guns into a new gun and sell it as an SSE gun. That new gun can't be played around with and have lots of parts swapped out until after customer has signed the 4473 and the 07 FFL has logged it out of his/her bound book and therefore no longer has it in inventory.

Unfortunately, this is part of the crud we have to deal with because "The Roster" is still in effect. It's not the possession that is restricted. I can legally own a Ruger LCP. I just can't buy one new from a dealer.

Does this make sense?

Kevin

5:55 PM (4 hours ago)

to me
in your email....you said and I will copy your email..... and I quote... "We need gun shops to support us"... this was implying we were not supporting YOU...the firearm industry. if that is how you feel, you feel we do not know the law, you feel we need to thread lightly...FINE....then we can choose NOT to support you!!

We are not just a mom and pop shop, and do not just do things because we feel like it....we work hard to support the firearm vendors....just will not bend or break the law to do it!!

I am done...good night!!!

to Kevin
(Me)Us as in CA community. Good night. Yep I am way beyond over this, simply trying to give warning to a person, then they bark with threats, must know you are in the wrong. Good Luck in your ventures

kevin@gunsfishing.com

6:11 PM (4 hours ago)

to me
I am not wrong....will include your process to doj...thxs

Thank You,

Kevin Yost

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!
__________________
se carga el diablo de la pistola...
.223, .25acp, 25-20win, 9mm, 38spl/.357, 10mm .308, 8mm M, 7mm Rem Mag, 45acp, .475 Wildey mag
On 2 Hornady LnL AP & Dillon Super 1050

Last edited by EL_NinO619; 10-15-2012 at 9:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-15-2012, 9:29 PM
EL_NinO619's Avatar
EL_NinO619 EL_NinO619 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,509
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erlife View Post
what is gjf
Sorry I copy and pasted email and it had private info I did not want out, so I quickly typed the edit till I could repost.
__________________
se carga el diablo de la pistola...
.223, .25acp, 25-20win, 9mm, 38spl/.357, 10mm .308, 8mm M, 7mm Rem Mag, 45acp, .475 Wildey mag
On 2 Hornady LnL AP & Dillon Super 1050
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:21 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.