Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Discriminated against...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MudCamper
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 4605

    Originally posted by Baconrepublic
    Getting tatts has nothing to do with looking tough.. for most people. Youre very mislead about tattoos man.
    You're just too young and, ironically too homogeneous in your young tat subculture, to understand your naivete.

    Either that or you're just trolling, which given your extreme worst case tat examples, is probably the case.

    Comment

    • Baconrepublic
      Banned
      • Sep 2013
      • 100

      Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
      Wow. Would all ten left be occupoop Wall Street jealous types?
      A problem, a generational problem is that young people have been indoctrinated into thinking that NO judgment of any kind is acceptable in any circumstance. No generalizations are permitted.

      It leaves them without any frame of reference. In the words of Dennis Praeger, they are stupider for it.
      I can agree with this to a certain degree. It seems like teenagers these days think they can do whatever they want, and whoever judges them is evil and old. Im in my 20s, and I despise modern youth lol. Their promiscuity, drug use, and general lack of care for what people think is just awful. Plus, its become the "cool" thing now for girls to get pregnant.

      Comment

      • viet4lifeOC
        Veteran Member
        • May 2010
        • 4888

        Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
        Wow. Would all ten left be occupoop Wall Street jealous types?
        A problem, a generational problem is that young people have been indoctrinated into thinking that NO judgment of any kind is acceptable in any circumstance. No generalizations are permitted.

        It leaves them without any frame of reference. In the words of Dennis Praeger, they are stupider for it.
        The irony is that EVERYONE generalizes, pass judgement, etc on others even those who cry out, "whoa is me...I've been discriminated."

        fan of Dennis for DECADES.

        Comment

        • WiddleCabinet ma’am
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jan 2011
          • 2491

          For the record, I have two tattoos. Can't see them when I'm dressed though because even at 18, I understood that if I judge people by appearance, maybe others do too, and if I ever have to get a real job, visible tattoos could be something that would get me looked over for a cleaner looking applicant.

          FACTS. OF. LIFE. Don't like it? Too bad. There's no way you can change how people think. The only way to get rid of all the people whose opinions you don't like is to quite literally get rid of them. Don't like the society that the White man set up in America? Get rid of the White men (and women). Ask the Indians how that worked out for them...

          Comment

          • Baconrepublic
            Banned
            • Sep 2013
            • 100

            Originally posted by MudCamper
            You're just too young and, ironically too homogeneous in your young tat subculture, to understand your naivete.

            Either that or you're just trolling, which given your extreme worst case tat examples, is probably the case.
            Well im sorry if you think my tattoos are bad. I dont. And im not trolling.. My entire right arm is dedicated to California/Los Angeles. My Left arm is dedicated to loved ones and heritage.

            Comment

            • bigbearbear
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2011
              • 5378

              So...did you guys complete the transaction? What was the price anyway?

              Comment

              • Citadelgrad87
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2007
                • 16976

                Originally posted by viet4lifeOC
                The irony is that EVERYONE generalizes, pass judgement, etc on others even those who cry out, "whoa is me...I've been discriminated."

                fan of Dennis for DECADES.
                Praeger ROCKS it. I wish I could catch him more often.
                Originally posted by tony270
                It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                Originally posted by repubconserv
                Print it out and frame it for all I care
                Originally posted by el chivo
                I don't need to think at all..
                Originally posted by pjsig
                You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                sigpic

                Comment

                • Divernhunter
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2010
                  • 8753

                  It is his ammo. He has the right to not sell for whatever reason he may think.

                  Maybe you should have thought about this before you got the tats if it is important to you. It may not be "right" but that is the way things are with many people.

                  I have had people(especially miniority) come out to the range wearing their hat sideways(never did understand that), baggy short pants, tats etc shooting an AR/AK type rifle(or pistol sideways) and they turned out to be nice(if inexpeirenced) people that were enjoyable to shoot with. However the first impression was very questionable.

                  If selling ammo/guns to someone that I have a less than excellent first impression I will also not sell. That person may be the greatest person in the world after you get to know them but I do not have time to spend days with them before selling.

                  Same here if someone does not want to sell to a white, no tats, overweight, old man then I just have to accept that and move on.

                  Just read another of your posts; If you drove up playing rap music with the tats that would be reason enough to not sell to you. Also if you are pro drugs add that to the list. I hate rap non-music and have never had any use for drugs(pot/coke/meth etc for any reason). Also just because people do not agree with your views apperance does not make them bigots. Actually you seem to be the bigot and one of the few thinking your way.
                  Last edited by Divernhunter; 09-17-2013, 4:33 PM.
                  A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
                  NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
                  SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

                  Comment

                  • dominic
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 3038

                    Originally posted by Baconrepublic
                    I wanted to share a recent experience I had buying ammo off of Armslist. I felt it needed to be shared.

                    Anywho, I contacted a guy selling a few hundred rounds of rimfire on Armslist. We exchanged a few emails, agreed on a price and time, etc. When we met up, the guy was a complete A-hole. Wanna know why? 'Cuz of my appearance. My tattoos im guessing in particular. The guy was looking me up and down, asking if im sure im legally able to buy ammo or own weapons, If I was buying for my gang.. all kinda crap. All because I have some ink on me, and possibly because im a minority, all though I hate to bring ethnicity into things, but there are still people unfortunately that see color lines.

                    None of my tatts are gang related, and my record is so clean you could eat off of it. Yes im young (ish), and yes im tattooed, and some middle aged people might consider me to have a "thuggish" look (I dont), but ppl shouldnt judge someone by their appearance. Its different if they are obviously a gang member or not in their right mind, but if you cant distinguish a young urban person with some tattoos from a criminal crazy gang member, maybe YOURE the one with the problem.

                    Rant ended.
                    Deal with it. No one made you get those tattoos. You got them of your own free will. Unfortunately gang members get tattoos too. Now you are pissed that someone thinks you might be a gang member? BTW how do you know what gang tats look like? You say none of your tats are gang related? How was this guy to know what gang tats looked like either?

                    No one said life is fair, and I can guarantee you discriminate against someone on their appearance alone too. Its called first impressions. If someone is dressed like a dirt bag, looks like a dirt bag and acts like a dirt bag, guess what they are probably a dirt bag. If you don't want to be treated like a dirt bag don't look like one. BTW I get discriminated against every day because of my appearance. I'm fat. I bet that every time you see a fat person, you think they are a slob, they have no self control and are lazy, don't you?

                    Comment

                    • Trenchfoot
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 7293

                      Do you have a tattoo on your neck? If you do, I probably wouldn't have sold you ammo either. I have 6 tattoos. None of which can be seen in Navy PT gear.

                      If you have your area code and city tatted in visible places, it's easy to see why someone may view you as a thug or gang banger. I'm not saying that people should judge you by your appearance, but people do, and you need to be aware of that.

                      Don't wear an orange apron into Home Depot and get mad if someone asks you where the wood stain is.

                      Comment

                      • viet4lifeOC
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 4888

                        Originally posted by Widdle
                        For the record, I have two tattoos. Can't see them when I'm dressed though because even at 18, I understood that if I judge people by appearance, maybe others do too, and if I ever have to get a real job, visible tattoos could be something that would get me looked over for a cleaner looking applicant.

                        FACTS. OF. LIFE. Don't like it? Too bad.
                        There's no way you can change how people think. The only way to get rid of all the people whose opinions you don't like is to quite literally get rid of them. Don't like the society that the White man set up in America? Get rid of the White men (and women). Ask the Indians how that worked out for them...
                        "Even at 18" ..."if I judge people."

                        Bravo. You accepted what you do...know others do the same...saw consquences...and acted accordingly. A sign of maturity at 18.

                        Comment

                        • Baconrepublic
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2013
                          • 100

                          Originally posted by bigbearbear
                          So...did you guys complete the transaction? What was the price anyway?
                          Very awkwardly yes. It was $50 for 525 rounds

                          Comment

                          • Baconrepublic
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2013
                            • 100

                            Originally posted by dominic
                            Deal with it. No one made you get those tattoos. You got them of your own free will. Unfortunately gang members get tattoos too. Now you are pissed that someone thinks you might be a gang member? BTW how do you know what gang tats look like? You say none of your tats are gang related? How was this guy to know what gang tats looked like either?

                            No one said life is fair, and I can guarantee you discriminate against someone on their appearance alone too. Its called first impressions. If someone is dressed like a dirt bag, looks like a dirt bag and acts like a dirt bag, guess what they are probably a dirt bag. If you don't want to be treated like a dirt bag don't look like one. BTW I get discriminated against every day because of my appearance. I'm fat. I bet that every time you see a fat person, you think they are a slob, they have no self control and are lazy, don't you?
                            I dont discriminate against fat people. I actually embrace fat people because they are usually more loyal friends than others.

                            Comment

                            • Baconrepublic
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2013
                              • 100

                              Originally posted by Trenchfoot
                              Do you have a tattoo on your neck? If you do, I probably wouldn't have sold you ammo either. I have 6 tattoos. None of which can be seen in Navy PT gear.

                              If you have your area code and city tatted in visible places, it's easy to see why someone may view you as a thug or gang banger. I'm not saying that people should judge you by your appearance, but people do, and you need to be aware of that.

                              Don't wear an orange apron into Home Depot and get mad if someone asks you where the wood stain is.
                              No I dont have a tattoo on my neck.

                              Comment

                              • viet4lifeOC
                                Veteran Member
                                • May 2010
                                • 4888

                                Originally posted by Baconrepublic
                                I can agree with this to a certain degree. It seems like teenagers these days think they can do whatever they want, and whoever judges them is evil and old. Im in my 20s, and I despise modern youth lol. Their promiscuity, drug use, and general lack of care for what people think is just awful. Plus, its become the "cool" thing now for girls to get pregnant.

                                See...my point exactly...EVERYONE DOES IT.

                                The discriminated becomes the discriminator. Shame on you :-) .

                                I kidd.

                                Dude...just get over it and move on.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1