Does anybody have any word on upcoming deals on these for the 4th of July sales? I've read through about 1/2 of this thread and for the price these seem like a great platform to build some Appleseed LTR's on. I need to build up two of them for my son and I before this fall, so I'm trying to get a jump on pricing.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Marlin 795 thread
Collapse
X
-
Do not give in to evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it. -
maybe turner's will have them again for $109Does anybody have any word on upcoming deals on these for the 4th of July sales? I've read through about 1/2 of this thread and for the price these seem like a great platform to build some Appleseed LTR's on. I need to build up two of them for my son and I before this fall, so I'm trying to get a jump on pricing.
i wish i scored mine for that...hell of a deal.Comment
-
I done went out and bought me one yesterday too!
Make sure to download the $25 rebate form off the Marlin website.
Question: Has anyone tried these Williams Fire Sights on their 795?

Comment
-
I got my 795 a few months ago and I was thinking about a scope also. I found a simmons 3-9x32 for $20 but the shipping was crazy....~$15. If only there were others who need scopes because with 4 scopes it was only ~16 shipping. Making it a good deal again. any one interested in the sac, elk grove area? PmComment
-
I have had some fun with my 795 and consider it "broken in."
I have found that it needs to be well lubed before a day of shooting. Anyone else have a similar issue?
Also, just wondering how many rounds I can put through it before I should consider the barrel too fouled and might see performance issues?
I guess what I am asking is does anyone run a bore snake or do any cleaning in the field (at the range) on an extended shooting trip?I don't know how political I am, I don't get into all that crap....I just love freedom...
-Kaziah HancockComment
-
On the first trip out I had a few minor issues. On the second trip out I noticed the breech block/receiver got dry while shooting, like the powder soaked up the oil. So after about 100 rounds I put a drop of oil on each side of the breech block and worked the action a few times and it ran great all day.
So I think until it's fully broken in it need a little extra oil.
Comment
-
Don't mean to "hijack" but any ideas on this thread:
Nobody there would answer. Maybe they only work on AR's.

Comment
-
I've only had to add lube while shooting on one occasion. I'm thinking I may try using a little of the grease I use for a Glock.
On the first trip out I had a few minor issues. On the second trip out I noticed the breech block/receiver got dry while shooting, like the powder soaked up the oil. So after about 100 rounds I put a drop of oil on each side of the breech block and worked the action a few times and it ran great all day.
So I think until it's fully broken in it need a little extra oil.I don't know how political I am, I don't get into all that crap....I just love freedom...
-Kaziah HancockComment
-
This is what I am talking about:

Here is the link: http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Produc...Code=640%2D209
Maybe if enough of us leave comments begging them to do another run, they will bring it back for us. I know that I would buy one, even the 60 model.Comment
-
Hold the boat boys and girls, just found this: http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/MARLIN...-p/640-232.htmThis is what I am talking about:

Here is the link: http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Produc...Code=640%2D209
Maybe if enough of us leave comments begging them to do another run, they will bring it back for us. I know that I would buy one, even the 60 model.
Looks like they are taking pre orders for an upcoming run! Grab them quick as I read that the last run sold out in like 3 days.
**EDIT**
Can confirm that they are taking orders as I just completed one and received email confirmation. Hope this helps 795 owners.
.Last edited by choprzrul; 07-07-2010, 2:07 PM.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,822
Posts: 25,152,040
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 10257 users online. 135 members and 10122 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment