Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Complete Lower issue...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Dirty_Harry
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 34

    Originally posted by shark92651
    Does J&R sell complete ARs or stripped lowers?

    Repeat after me, a complete AR lower is NOT a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle. It is no different that a stripped lower in that regard. It must be recorded as a receiver on the 4473, NOT as a rifle. A bullet button is only needed on a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that contains a banned feature such as pistol grip or collapsible stock, etc... The customer even ordered a Bullet Button and we shipped it along with the receiver. I cannot believe they are threatening to turn it into the police. Wow. We will take care of you with a return label and we will even ship another receiver to a different dealer as soon as you get back to us on who to use. Try Bullseye or Irvington Arms.
    You're the best guys! Thanks for your support on this!
    sigpic
    "Listen punk! To me you're nothing but dog ****, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dog ****. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground, it can dry up and blow away in the wind, or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice, be careful when a dog s%@ts ya." -H.C.

    Comment

    • #32
      r6raff
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 508

      Originally posted by Dirty_Harry
      Yes, I have learned a valuable lesson. I'm still trying to understand the wacked gun laws we have here.
      When I first got into this I was pretty overwhelmed myself, not so much by the laws, but by the total volume of equipment, manufacturers and variations of the m16. Just read the laws enough, ask questions and before you know it, it will all make sense. Once you filter out all the BS its pretty straight forward.

      Also, don't hesitate to call CADoJ Bureau of Firearms. They practically answer right away and you can talk with someone about any question you have. I think the main lady that answers is named Brenda, I have talked to her for 20 minutes just BSing about Firearm laws and stuff, I even stumped her on a few things and she looked them up and called me back.

      The number is (916)263-4887

      Anything that doesn't seem "right" to you, just ask, most people here are pretty awesome, if not a little synical in their responses
      Hmm...

      Comment

      • #33
        Droppin Deuces
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2010
        • 5969

        Originally posted by shark92651
        Does J&R sell complete ARs or stripped lowers?

        Repeat after me, a complete AR lower is NOT a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle. It is no different that a stripped lower in that regard. It must be recorded as a receiver on the 4473, NOT as a rifle. A bullet button is only needed on a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that contains a banned feature such as pistol grip or collapsible stock, etc... The customer even ordered a Bullet Button and we shipped it along with the receiver. I cannot believe they are threatening to turn it into the police. Wow. We will take care of you with a return label and we will even ship another receiver to a different dealer as soon as you get back to us on who to use. Try Bullseye or Irvington Arms.
        You guys should open a little Mini Riflegear in the north San Diego county area.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #34
          Dirty_Harry
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 34

          Originally posted by r6raff
          When I first got into this I was pretty overwhelmed myself, not so much by the laws, but by the total volume of equipment, manufacturers and variations of the m16. Just read the laws enough, ask questions and before you know it, it will all make sense. Once you filter out all the BS its pretty straight forward.

          Also, don't hesitate to call CADoJ Bureau of Firearms. They practically answer right away and you can talk with someone about any question you have. I think the main lady that answers is named Brenda, I have talked to her for 20 minutes just BSing about Firearm laws and stuff, I even stumped her on a few things and she looked them up and called me back.

          The number is (916)263-4887

          Anything that doesn't seem "right" to you, just ask, most people here are pretty awesome, if not a little synical in their responses
          Thanks r6raff. I appreciate your help on this.
          sigpic
          "Listen punk! To me you're nothing but dog ****, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dog ****. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground, it can dry up and blow away in the wind, or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice, be careful when a dog s%@ts ya." -H.C.

          Comment

          • #35
            Joe
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2006
            • 5730

            Originally posted by shark92651
            Does J&R sell complete ARs or stripped lowers?

            Repeat after me, a complete AR lower is NOT a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle. It is no different that a stripped lower in that regard. It must be recorded as a receiver on the 4473, NOT as a rifle. A bullet button is only needed on a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that contains a banned feature such as pistol grip or collapsible stock, etc... The customer even ordered a Bullet Button and we shipped it along with the receiver. I cannot believe they are threatening to turn it into the police. Wow. We will take care of you with a return label and we will even ship another receiver to a different dealer as soon as you get back to us on who to use. Try Bullseye or Irvington Arms.
            They sell both complete AR's and stripped lowers. They're a vendor on this forum and are typically pretty good with the AW laws.

            Maybe this can be used as an opportunity to educate them. I'd hate to see J&R lose business because of this. I've had great experiences there and they're a great shop to visit.

            Do not send the gun to bullseye. They don't have an FFL at the moment and charge like $300 to do transfers on black rifles.

            Comment

            • #36
              Joe
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2006
              • 5730

              OP, if I were you I'd call J&R and let them know about this thread.

              Comment

              • #37
                Sonic_mike
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                • Aug 2009
                • 3483

                and that's why www.riflegear.com will continue to get my money.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Dirty_Harry
                  Junior Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 34

                  Originally posted by Joe
                  OP, if I were you I'd call J&R and let them know about this thread.
                  They would probably shoot me down and I don't like dealing with people like this, especially when they threatened to involve the police.
                  sigpic
                  "Listen punk! To me you're nothing but dog ****, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dog ****. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground, it can dry up and blow away in the wind, or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice, be careful when a dog s%@ts ya." -H.C.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Dirty_Harry
                    Junior Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 34

                    Originally posted by Joe
                    They sell both complete AR's and stripped lowers. They're a vendor on this forum and are typically pretty good with the AW laws.

                    Maybe this can be used as an opportunity to educate them. I'd hate to see J&R lose business because of this. I've had great experiences there and they're a great shop to visit.

                    Do not send the gun to bullseye. They don't have an FFL at the moment and charge like $300 to do transfers on black rifles.
                    They are great people, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against them and/or how they run their business. Maybe I just need to do more homework first before considering a "Black Rifle".
                    sigpic
                    "Listen punk! To me you're nothing but dog ****, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dog ****. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground, it can dry up and blow away in the wind, or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice, be careful when a dog s%@ts ya." -H.C.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Droppin Deuces
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 5969

                      Originally posted by Dirty_Harry
                      They would probably shoot me down and I don't like dealing with people like this, especially when they threatened to involve the police.
                      Has the guy bothered to tell you what it is about the item that makes it an assault rifle and how it differs from what he has in stock at his store?
                      It sounds to me like he's just giving you a hard time. I find it very hard to believe that he doesn't know/understand the laws.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        r6raff
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 508

                        ohhh, the plot thickens
                        Hmm...

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Joe
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 5730

                          Originally posted by Dirty_Harry
                          They would probably shoot me down and I don't like dealing with people like this, especially when they threatened to involve the police.
                          I completely understand your feeling and I would likely do the same thing.

                          I'm just shocked to hear their response to the situation. I am betting that they think it needs a bullet button installed to be legal. That is an incorrect assumption and they should be corrected.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            missiontrails
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7879

                            J&R is just Butt-hurt because you did not buy it from them. I can't see any other reason.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Don29palms
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2010
                              • 1829

                              Did the original FFL say why it was an assault weapon? I know it's not but what is their reasoning?
                              Using gun control to stop crime is like trying to put out a fire with gasoline!
                              You don't have to get permission to exercise a RIGHT. If you have to get permission or can be told no by the government it is no longer a right. IT IS A PRIVILEGE!
                              AR-15 ASSEMBLY CHECK LIST FOR BUILDERS

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Dirty_Harry
                                Junior Member
                                • Apr 2011
                                • 34

                                Originally posted by Droppin Deuces
                                Has the guy bothered to tell you what it is about the item that makes it an assault rifle and how it differs from what he has in stock at his store?
                                It sounds to me like he's just giving you a hard time. I find it very hard to believe that he doesn't know/understand the laws.
                                He just said that this is an assault weapon, which is illegal and a felony to have in California. No explanation why and to have it shipped back ASAP to the originator. In other words, FU for having it shipped here...my assumption...
                                sigpic
                                "Listen punk! To me you're nothing but dog ****, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dog ****. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground, it can dry up and blow away in the wind, or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice, be careful when a dog s%@ts ya." -H.C.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1