Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Do you own a rifle fitting this description?
Collapse
X
-
-
No hate for the Tactical Shooters in general BUT the stuff I read on other forums is downright stupid at best.
Most of our 2000 yard guys are tactical type shooters but they are on the top edge of the bell curve.
I have never heard of Gecko45?
I know Pirate308 and he is god awful.
I don't want to say who is who but there are about 8 really good shooters there.
I only signed up so I could get Jim Boatright published in Very High Power Magazine and his first article was published about a month ago.Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
Southwest Regional Director
Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!Comment
-
Gecko45 is THE Mall Ninja. An internet legend who impacted the lives of many and then disappeared off the face of the earth. Nobody knows his true identity.
If you have some free time for some reading, check this out. It’s an archive of posts he made on GlockTalk:
Comment
-
That about covers 85% of the posters on the hide.
I only read about 15 posts but will now laugh myself to sleep.Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
Southwest Regional Director
Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!Comment
-
and to be a really good shooter does that mean being a bench rest or ELR shooter? and 8 really good shooters out of a half million or so members seems just a little light to me.No hate for the Tactical Shooters in general BUT the stuff I read on other forums is downright stupid at best.
Most of our 2000 yard guys are tactical type shooters but they are on the top edge of the bell curve.
I have never heard of Gecko45?
I know Pirate308 and he is god awful.
I don't want to say who is who but there are about 8 really good shooters there.
I only signed up so I could get Jim Boatright published in Very High Power Magazine and his first article was published about a month ago.Comment
-
No it doesn't. You can shoot F-class hi-power Hunter silhouette or a host of other choices.
But yes on the 8 shooters there posting good content without dumbing it Down for the vast majority of idiots.
Watch some of the videos and see how Tubb has to walk a thin line explaining things to lowlight. It's a real hoot.
Maybe you could start a post there asking Pirate308 about the FCSA or a controversial group he scored for the NBRSA? Better to just ask Hoppe about him off forum so they don't ban you.
Edit: I don't consider myself as a good shooter I consider myself a much better than average reloader and if I loaned my guns to 10 shooters on this forum 6-7 would outshoot me using my own gear.Last edited by LynnJr; 05-29-2019, 6:53 AM.Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
Southwest Regional Director
Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!Comment
-
It seems like the instructions were right there, but to repeat:
Get your action, barrel and trigger and then make a build day appointment.
If your action does not have a recoil lug built into it and requires a separate recoil lug, get one of those too.Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.Comment
-
Sorry that was my idea of a jokeComment
-
I went through a similar experience and wound up choosing a Savage 110 Tactical. My compromise rifle.
Had to alleviate all my requirements as many have said, they are competing.
My post:
110 Tactical:
.png)
Comment
-
Yeah, I have 5 or 6 Rifles fitting all those requirements.
Heck, they are lighter and can shoot farther more accurately.
But if the OP wants me to play in this 1980s Elk Fantasy story
then he is must deposit 13 thousand in my off-shore pay pal account.Comment
-
Thank you Randall.
I would appreciate it if you could offer some suggestions regarding components to shorten the research time required. On a long action and Barrel especially ...Comment
-
Get a long action 700 in stainless and a Bartlein barrel from Grizzly.
The recoil lug you can get from Pacific Tool and gage.
Have you picked a chambering and a bullet yet?
The new laws in California requiring lead free ammo for hunting generally mean you would opt for a faster twist rate on your barrel.Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
Southwest Regional Director
Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!Comment
-
Thank you Lynn.Get a long action 700 in stainless and a Bartlein barrel from Grizzly.
The recoil lug you can get from Pacific Tool and gage.
Have you picked a chambering and a bullet yet?
The new laws in California requiring lead free ammo for hunting generally mean you would opt for a faster twist rate on your barrel.
7 RM, I plan to use a variety of ammo depending ..
Perhaps 9.5 twist?Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,157
Posts: 25,144,997
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,525
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 39261 users online. 105 members and 39156 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment