Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

VP9 Hype

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TacticalChihuahua
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 971

    So I caved and bought the VP9 hahaha. I'm definitely gonna get flamed for this one!

    But I still 100% back my original post. Literally 100%. The trigger is better on the PPQ and the slide is much smoother. I think this is something potential buyers need to be aware of before they just go buying the gun before handling it. If you are looking for the best striker fire trigger than you shouldn't be looking at the VP9.

    Now for the reason I did buy it:
    I just prefer HK's track record over Walther. They are vetted through military and law enforcement. Therefore, their firearms have withstood endless abuse and torture testing through agencies and governments the world over. Not so with the Walther... And the VP9 may not have as good of a trigger as the PPQ, but it still has just as good or better of a trigger than my glocks. So there ya go!
    ____________________

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Justintoxicated
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 3836

      Originally posted by Falz24
      So I caved and bought the VP9 hahaha. I'm definitely gonna get flamed for this one!

      But I still 100% back my original post. Literally 100%. The trigger is better on the PPQ and the slide is much smoother. I think this is something potential buyers need to be aware of before they just go buying the gun before handling it. If you are looking for the best striker fire trigger than you shouldn't be looking at the VP9.

      Now for the reason I did buy it:
      I just prefer HK's track record over Walther. They are vetted through military and law enforcement. Therefore, their firearms have withstood endless abuse and torture testing through agencies and governments the world over. Not so with the Walther... And the VP9 may not have as good of a trigger as the PPQ, but it still has just as good or better of a trigger than my glocks. So there ya go!
      What about the ergo's sights, balance, barrel, magazines, accuracy and the other things that really make up the whole gun?

      Comment

      • MoltoMario
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 818

        Originally posted by Justintoxicated
        What about the ergo's sights, balance, barrel, magazines, accuracy and the other things that really make up the whole gun?
        I felt that the Ergo's of the grip were just a tad better on the VP9. I love the rear "hump" on the VP9s back of the grip. Its a little more exaggerated then the PPQ's. I like the PPQs magazine release and slide release much better though. Overall both guns have excellent Ergo's. The VP9's sights only win because they are metal. I still ended up choosing the 5" PPQ overall though.

        If HK made a 5" VP9 I'd be in some serious trouble lol...
        Last edited by MoltoMario; 08-21-2014, 3:56 PM.
        sigpic
        Sacramento Black Rifle.

        Comment

        • Justintoxicated
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 3836

          Originally posted by MoltoMario
          I felt that the Ergo's of the grip were just a tad better on the VP9. I love the rear "hump" on the VP9s back of the grip. Its a little more exaggerated then the PPQ's. I like the PPQs magazine release and slide release much better though. Overall both guns have excellent Ergo's. The VP9's sights only win because they are metal. I still ended up choosing the 5" PPQ overall though.

          If HK made a 5" VP9 I'd be in some serious trouble lol...
          And because the sight on the VP9 glow quite nicely. Do your blocked magazines have any issues being inserted on a close slide when they are full? Walther used to have military track record though? What about the P1 and P5?

          Yea if I were to pickup a PPQ I think I would also go for the 5" but I think I already have too many 9mm's on my list before the end of the year to bother. I thought the size and accuracy of the VP9 were both pretty nice. The VP9 should be good for CCW I think in the future.

          VP9, Sig X-Five, Sphinx SDP, M&P Shield, how many 9mm's does one person need haha. PPQ M1? Not sure. The Magazines are different on the M1 right?

          Maybe I should get a shield in 40...
          Last edited by Justintoxicated; 08-21-2014, 4:03 PM.

          Comment

          • TacticalChihuahua
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 971

            Originally posted by Justintoxicated
            What about the ergo's sights, balance, barrel, magazines, accuracy and the other things that really make up the whole gun?
            Ergos on the vp9 were better for me than on the 4in ppq. The ppq felt a little cramped, similar to a g19, but was still fine for all intents and purposes. But the ppq is also more concealable so thats a plus over the vp9. The multiple combinations you can create with the panels is obviously a plus. Sight's seemed fine to me on both. Both balanced well. Didn't look at the magazines. Haven't shot it so can't comment on accuracy but I'm sure they both are great (but giving the nod here to HK with the CHF polygonal barrell).
            ____________________

            sigpic

            Comment

            • islabaseball
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 2065

              I'm compromised
              HK vp9 and Walther PPQ 5inch **** it buy both
              • Glock 19 OD
              • Walther PPQ
              • Walther PPS M2
              • Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0
              • CZ P10c Optics Ready

              Comment

              • Justintoxicated
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 3836

                Originally posted by Falz24
                Ergos on the vp9 were better for me than on the 4in ppq. The ppq felt a little cramped, similar to a g19, but was still fine for all intents and purposes. But the ppq is also more concealable so thats a plus over the vp9. The multiple combinations you can create with the panels is obviously a plus. Sight's seemed fine to me on both. Both balanced well. Didn't look at the magazines. Haven't shot it so can't comment on accuracy but I'm sure they both are great (but giving the nod here to HK with the CHF polygonal barrell).
                Oh wait, you haven't shot it yet. Let us know your opinion after you shoot it lol. Interesting, I thought the VP9 would be more concealable...

                I think a PPQ is going to have to remain a filler for me, that is to say if I can't afford one of the other guns on my list I could probably still grab a PPQ for the hell of it.
                Last edited by Justintoxicated; 08-21-2014, 4:18 PM.

                Comment

                • static2126
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 5619

                  Unabashed PPQ fan (cause I shoot it better) but except trigger vp9 wins everything else for me.

                  When/if I get as fast/accurate with a VP9 as my PPQ it will be the primary

                  Comment

                  • MoltoMario
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 818

                    Originally posted by Justintoxicated
                    And because the sight on the VP9 glow quite nicely. Do your blocked magazines have any issues being inserted on a close slide when they are full? Walther used to have military track record though? What about the P1 and P5?

                    Yea if I were to pickup a PPQ I think I would also go for the 5" but I think I already have too many 9mm's on my list before the end of the year to bother. I thought the size and accuracy of the VP9 were both pretty nice. The VP9 should be good for CCW I think in the future.

                    VP9, Sig X-Five, Sphinx SDP, M&P Shield, how many 9mm's does one person need haha. PPQ M1? Not sure. The Magazines are different on the M1 right?

                    Maybe I should get a shield in 40...
                    I haven't even picked my PPQ up yet so I'm not sure about the magazines not wanting to insert on a full mag. Most guns you usually have to give it a good "Whack" when the magazine is fully loaded and the gun is Condition 1. I pick it up next week though and I cant freaking wait.

                    I feel like people generally don't give Walther a look or try when it comes to the gun market and I was one of them at 1st. Its almost like you just skim over them in the gun shop. Its not that Walther doesn't make great guns, its just they haven't produced or came out with much in the last few decades. Everyone knows Walther for their old WWII era firearms and the PPK, but not much of their more modern weapons. I think if Walther can overcome this it will be a huge step for them to accomplish and really help out with guns like the PPQ.

                    HK on the other hand has a huge fanboy base, which is for a reason. Almost anyone with common sense knows what an HK is and Theres a reason for that. But Like I said before, I like to go with things different or out of the box, which was one of the reasons I went with the PPQ. Thats what makes my things more special to me. Its different then what everyone else has...This is the reason I don't own a Glock
                    Last edited by MoltoMario; 08-21-2014, 4:23 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Sacramento Black Rifle.

                    Comment

                    • Justintoxicated
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 3836

                      Originally posted by MoltoMario
                      I haven't even picked my PPQ up yet so I'm not sure about the magazines not wanting to insert on a full mag. Most guns you usually have to give it a good "Whack" when the magazine is fully loaded and the gun is Condition 1. I pick it up next week though and I cant freaking wait.

                      I feel like people generally don't give Walther a look or try when it comes to the gun market and I was one of them at 1st. Its almost like you just skim over them in the gun shop. Its not that Walther doesn't make great guns, its just they haven't produced or came out with much in the last few decades. Everyone knows Walther for their old WWII era firearms and the PPK, but not much of their more modern weapons. I think if Walther can overcome this it will be a huge step for them to accomplish and really help out with guns like the PPQ.

                      HK on the other hand has a huge fanboy base, which is for a reason. Almost anyone with common sense knows what an HK is and Theres a reason for that. But Like I said before, I like to go with things different or out of the box, which was one of the reasons I went with the PPQ. Thats what makes my things more special to me. Its different then what everyone else has...This is the reason I don't own a Glock
                      I always just worry that the gun store will not properly block my magazines. I have blocked several parts kits myself and the blocks often require extra fitting so they can be inserted on a closed bolt (AR) or slide in the case of a magazine. Ok they hold 10, but can I actually load it that way? I know many people say not to load 10 rounds into you magazine anyways, but I don't buy that either because most of the time your 10rd magazine could actually hold more if you were not in CA, so you are therefore already down-loading it. Ok I'm off topic now!

                      Comment

                      • fteixeira
                        Junior Member
                        • Apr 2013
                        • 61

                        So, which is better? The PPQ or the VP9?

                        Its pretty clear that there are small differences, but both are great pistols. One day, I'll probably own both. In the mean time, I'm DROS'ing a VP9 tomorrow.

                        Stay thirsty my friends.
                        Last edited by fteixeira; 08-21-2014, 6:21 PM.

                        Comment

                        • PandaBear
                          Member
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 485

                          When my FFL blocked my M2 mags, I had to download them by 1 round. With the M1 and M2 10 round mags, I have no problem loading 10 rounds and they slide in and out like butter. Haven't tried 10+1 yet though.

                          Comment

                          • coldfusion
                            Member
                            • Oct 2012
                            • 143

                            I had the chance to shoot a VP9 recently and compared to my PPQ M1 my impressions match what I'm gathering is a somewhat emerging consensus:

                            VP9:
                            -slightly better grip ergos
                            -slightly lower recoil

                            PPQ:
                            -slightly better fit & finish
                            -slightly (or maybe a wee more than slightly) better trigger

                            BOTH:
                            -excellent shooters

                            Comment

                            • static2126
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 5619

                              Without doubt

                              Originally posted by coldfusion
                              I had the chance to shoot a VP9 recently and compared to my PPQ M1 my impressions match what I'm gathering is a somewhat emerging consensus:

                              VP9:
                              -slightly better grip ergos
                              -slightly lower recoil

                              PPQ:
                              -slightly better fit & finish
                              -slightly (or maybe a wee more than slightly) better trigger

                              BOTH:
                              -excellent shooters

                              Comment

                              • HKRick
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 720

                                How does the PPQ trigger compare to their P99? I have never shot the PPQ but have always disliked the P99 trigger.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1