Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bolt Action 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    LowThudd
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 3608

    Originally posted by keenkeen
    LOL...
    Man, what's with the attitude. I even went and did the search for you and provided the info, as have other posters. Can you just not admit when you are wrong?

    Comment

    • #47
      Full Spectrum Firearms
      Junior Member
      CGN Contributor
      • May 2015
      • 52

      Originally posted by LowThudd
      Man, what's with the attitude. I even went and did the search for you and provided the info, as have other posters. Can you just not admit when you are wrong?
      Some people just hate to be wrong..........
      sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

      Comment

      • #48
        keenkeen
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2011
        • 6782

        How did Springfield recently switch suppliers for all of its 1911 frame forgings?


        The entire process is "frozen" right? Seems like changing the supplier would have resulted in them all going off roster according to what people are stating here...
        "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

        Comment

        • #49
          Full Spectrum Firearms
          Junior Member
          CGN Contributor
          • May 2015
          • 52

          If they did change frames then when they come up for renewal on Jan 1, according to the text of 11 CCR 4070, it should cause them to be removed. If they remain then I would guess we have some more ammo to defeat the list. Only time will tell
          sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

          Comment

          • #50
            LowThudd
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2011
            • 3608

            Originally posted by keenkeen
            How did Springfield recently switch suppliers for all of its 1911 frame forgings?


            The entire process is "frozen" right? Seems like changing the supplier would have resulted in them all going off roster according to what people are stating here...
            You have some form of reference to this actually occurring? A quick search turned up nothing current. I am curious about this. I read some reference to something back in the early to mid 2000's. If so, that was before the current requirements.

            Comment

            • #51
              skyscraper
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2011
              • 5198

              Originally posted by LowThudd
              Cool deal! Especially considering Kimber stating they will not be selling in CA in the near future. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1117642
              FYI....That is not correct. I attended the same dinner as that guy and that is not what was said.

              Comment

              • #52
                rm1911
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 4073

                Sounds like a really cool idea and definitely for a great reason. It's my understanding that the bolt action pistols etc are roster exempt, or that the roster doesn't apply to them. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't believe bolt action pistols need to submitted for testing since they would need to be rostered.

                It's like the single action revolver thing. Ruger doesn't need to submit the SBH or the bearcat since they meet the size and barrel length, etc parameters. And non rostered DA revolvers can be converted to SA and dros'd. The old SSE thing took non rostered, ie non submitted pistols, and converted them. That made them ok. The new law made conversion no longer possible. It didn't add, I don't think, any requirement that nonrostered bolt action pistols be submitted.

                So a brand new bolt action 1911 wouldn't need to even be submitted I assume. Maybe I'm wrong.

                Is there a possibility of some sort of licensing arrangement (I teach economics and I vehemently dislike parents as they are state monopolies and anti competitive, and anti free market, and a lot of research shows that overall cost/benefit analysis weighs against te value of patents [yes, there are benefits. I do not disagree. However the costs are greater] and if you patent it any manufacturer that makes a different 1911 bolt could be subject to patent infringement suits) which would allow major manufacturers like sig, glock, a&aw, ruger, et al, to develop bolts for their pistols. They already made kalifornia versions of their pistols previously. I suspect they'd be happy to sell here. It's large market. It's obviously not gonna happen now with obergruppenfuhrer kamala harris and her non existent microstamping crap. But this might make it possible. If there was a cost effective way to do it, I imagine they would live to sell here.
                NRA Life Member since 1990

                They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

                Comment

                • #53
                  LowThudd
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2011
                  • 3608

                  Originally posted by rm1911

                  Is there a possibility of some sort of licensing arrangement (I teach economics and I vehemently dislike parents as they are state monopolies and anti competitive, and anti free market, and a lot of research shows that overall cost/benefit analysis weighs against te value of patents [yes, there are benefits. I do not disagree. However the costs are greater] and if you patent it any manufacturer that makes a different 1911 bolt could be subject to patent infringement suits) which would allow major manufacturers like sig, glock, a&aw, ruger, et al, to develop bolts for their pistols. They already made kalifornia versions of their pistols previously. I suspect they'd be happy to sell here. It's large market. It's obviously not gonna happen now with obergruppenfuhrer kamala harris and her non existent microstamping crap. But this might make it possible. If there was a cost effective way to do it, I imagine they would live to sell here.
                  First, I am not trying to be an arse with this:

                  Not that I agree or disagree with what you wrote(though I think it is a bit off), but that was the most painful sentence I have read in a long time, grammerically speaking. Could you please reiterate with better punctuation, so I might get a better idea of what you meant? Again, not trying to be an arse. Just not sure I am following you.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    LowThudd
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 3608

                    Originally posted by skyscraper
                    FYI....That is not correct. I attended the same dinner as that guy and that is not what was said.
                    Well, glad to be wrong, if I am. Could you please give your side of things to the thread I linked. That is a better place to discuss it.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      skyscraper
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 5198

                      Originally posted by LowThudd
                      Well, glad to be wrong, if I am. Could you please give your side of things to the thread I linked. That is a better place to discuss it.
                      I did, in that thread shortly after it was posted.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        LowThudd
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2011
                        • 3608

                        Originally posted by skyscraper
                        I did, in that thread shortly after it was posted.
                        In the thread you stated that you attended a dinner in a different city. Could it be there were two different speeches?


                        Originally posted by skyscraper
                        I was just at the NRA friends dinner in another location of california a few weeks ago. They were raffling off a Kimber 1911, and the announcer just said that the particular one with different grips cannot be sold in California(because of roster). Either he didn't explain it well enough, or you misunderstood. I heard the same speech.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Citizen_B
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 1431

                          Very interesting. Will be following progress.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Full Spectrum Firearms
                            Junior Member
                            CGN Contributor
                            • May 2015
                            • 52

                            Originally posted by rm1911
                            Sounds like a really cool idea and definitely for a great reason. It's my understanding that the bolt action pistols etc are roster exempt, or that the roster doesn't apply to them. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't believe bolt action pistols need to submitted for testing since they would need to be rostered.

                            It's like the single action revolver thing. Ruger doesn't need to submit the SBH or the bearcat since they meet the size and barrel length, etc parameters. And non rostered DA revolvers can be converted to SA and dros'd. The old SSE thing took non rostered, ie non submitted pistols, and converted them. That made them ok. The new law made conversion no longer possible. It didn't add, I don't think, any requirement that nonrostered bolt action pistols be submitted.

                            So a brand new bolt action 1911 wouldn't need to even be submitted I assume. Maybe I'm wrong.

                            Is there a possibility of some sort of licensing arrangement (I teach economics and I vehemently dislike parents as they are state monopolies and anti competitive, and anti free market, and a lot of research shows that overall cost/benefit analysis weighs against te value of patents [yes, there are benefits. I do not disagree. However the costs are greater] and if you patent it any manufacturer that makes a different 1911 bolt could be subject to patent infringement suits) which would allow major manufacturers like sig, glock, a&aw, ruger, et al, to develop bolts for their pistols. They already made kalifornia versions of their pistols previously. I suspect they'd be happy to sell here. It's large market. It's obviously not gonna happen now with obergruppenfuhrer kamala harris and her non existent microstamping crap. But this might make it possible. If there was a cost effective way to do it, I imagine they would live to sell here.
                            rm1911, Thanks for the support. I'll try to answer your questions. Yes because it is a bolt action pistol it is exempt from testing. By creating this device we build a bolt action pistol from scratch in compliance with CA law. We have a patent on the device that is utilized to make the pistol a bolt action. The sole reason for our patent is to protect my research and development division. We have approached the big boys with this idea and while they like it, they are unwilling to push the edge of the envelope.

                            Our desire is for the abolishment of the roster. By releasing this we are complying with the wishes of some of the major manufacturers. Once we prove there is a market for this idea they have indicated they are on board with using the device and putting their off roster handguns back onto dealers shelves. Obviously if everyone says it's great and no one buys into it then they won't be interested. While we have placed it on our Facebook page and our shelf finding it on this forum was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully the Cal Guns Community will understand what we are trying to accomplish with this.

                            If anyone can point me in the direction of a local shop who might understand what we are trying to accomplish please let me know, either on this thread or by PM.

                            Thanks
                            sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              LowThudd
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2011
                              • 3608

                              Originally posted by Full Spectrum Firearms
                              rm1911, Thanks for the support. I'll try to answer your questions. Yes because it is a bolt action pistol it is exempt from testing. By creating this device we build a bolt action pistol from scratch in compliance with CA law. We have a patent on the device that is utilized to make the pistol a bolt action. The sole reason for our patent is to protect my research and development division. We have approached the big boys with this idea and while they like it, they are unwilling to push the edge of the envelope.

                              Our desire is for the abolishment of the roster. By releasing this we are complying with the wishes of some of the major manufacturers. Once we prove there is a market for this idea they have indicated they are on board with using the device and putting their off roster handguns back onto dealers shelves. Obviously if everyone says it's great and no one buys into it then they won't be interested. While we have placed it on our Facebook page and our shelf finding it on this forum was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully the Cal Guns Community will understand what we are trying to accomplish with this.

                              If anyone can point me in the direction of a local shop who might understand what we are trying to accomplish please let me know, either on this thread or by PM.

                              Thanks
                              Wow. Thanks for that. This will be a great thing, assuming it pans out(or is regrettably needed even more than now).

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                Full Spectrum Firearms
                                Junior Member
                                CGN Contributor
                                • May 2015
                                • 52

                                Originally posted by LowThudd
                                Wow. Thanks for that. This will be a great thing, assuming it pans out(or is regrettably needed even more than now).
                                Thanks for the support Low Thud, We try really hard to provide whatever info we can that isn't proprietary. Even though I manufacture, I don't want just my stuff available in CA. I want people to have a choice (as much as I like the items we produce there are other manufacturers things I covet). I don't want the overlords to be my mom. Thanks I have one already.
                                sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1