Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bolt Action 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    SonofWWIIDI
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2011
    • 21583

    Originally posted by Full Spectrum Firearms
    If you need the parts PM me. We never considered that option to be honest so I'll have to work up an instruction sheet.
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

    Sorry, not sorry.
    🎺

    Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

    Comment

    • #77
      Full Spectrum Firearms
      Junior Member
      CGN Contributor
      • May 2015
      • 52

      Originally posted by Robert1234
      I wish the "Safe Handgun Roster" applied to EVERYBODY.

      Imagine the uproar if the equal protection clause were applied and cops, feds, military, any government agency could not buy "unsafe" handguns. The problem would solve itself.

      Or if all handgun manufacturers followed the law like Barrett did. Tell the law enforcement agencies that they will not sell handguns deemed "unsafe" by the state to law enforcement or other government agencies.

      Cause it it's not on the "Safe Handgun Roster", it must be unsafe, no?
      We all wish that, but wait "they" are better trained than "us" right. LOL I have put more rounds downrange since I retired from law enforcement than I ever did while on the job.
      sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

      Comment

      • #78
        flhxxx
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2013
        • 949

        Originally posted by Robert1234
        I wish the "Safe Handgun Roster" applied to EVERYBODY.

        Imagine the uproar if the equal protection clause were applied and cops, feds, military, any government agency could not buy "unsafe" handguns. The problem would solve itself.

        Or if all handgun manufacturers followed the law like Barrett did. Tell the law enforcement agencies that they will not sell handguns deemed "unsafe" by the state to law enforcement or other government agencies.

        Cause it it's not on the "Safe Handgun Roster", it must be unsafe, no?
        Agreed, not sure how police officers are allowed to purchase and carry so many unsafe guns. I have friends in law enforcement / prison guards etc. and they can buy whatever the hell they want. I have considered asking them to sell me some of their toys, but don't wanna come off as asking them to do a straw purchase.

        Comment

        • #79
          Robert1234
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 3080

          Yeah some citizens are more equal than others.

          Comment

          • #80
            Full Spectrum Firearms
            Junior Member
            CGN Contributor
            • May 2015
            • 52

            Originally posted by flhxxx
            I have friends in law enforcement / prison guards etc. and they can buy whatever the hell they want. I have considered asking them to sell me some of their toys, but don't wanna come off as asking them to do a straw purchase.
            No I agree, a straw purchase would end badly for both you and them.
            sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

            Comment

            • #81
              Unbeliever
              Member
              • Aug 2010
              • 112

              Sounds almost like a pistol version of the Winchester Model 55.

              Comment

              • #82
                Full Spectrum Firearms
                Junior Member
                CGN Contributor
                • May 2015
                • 52

                Originally posted by Unbeliever
                Sounds almost like a pistol version of the Winchester Model 55.
                You can make that comparison. The model 55 worked in a similar fashion to what we have built.
                sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

                Comment

                • #83
                  Citizen_B
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 1431

                  Are there any FFLs already planning on holding stock or is it too early?

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    Full Spectrum Firearms
                    Junior Member
                    CGN Contributor
                    • May 2015
                    • 52

                    Originally posted by Citizen_B
                    Are there any FFLs already planning on holding stock or is it too early?
                    Trying to find dealers who understand the concept and reason for the design has proven difficult. Where are you located? Who was the SSE dealer in your area? I'll contact them and make arraignments to show it to them and explain it. I'll try to coordinate that with you as well to answer any questions you may have.
                    sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      ilawson
                      Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 105

                      Will there be options like model numbers other than FUCAXXX or aluminum frames?

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        Citizen_B
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 1431

                        Originally posted by Full Spectrum Firearms
                        Trying to find dealers who understand the concept and reason for the design has proven difficult. Where are you located? Who was the SSE dealer in your area? I'll contact them and make arraignments to show it to them and explain it. I'll try to coordinate that with you as well to answer any questions you may have.
                        Tracy Rifle and Pistol in Tracy and Brian Nussbaum Co. in Burlingame did SSE and may be understanding of this product. I've sent a lot of business their ways. MikePolish is a semi-active user here and owner of TRaP. Brian is not active on here.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          Full Spectrum Firearms
                          Junior Member
                          CGN Contributor
                          • May 2015
                          • 52

                          Originally posted by ilawson
                          Will there be options like model numbers other than FUCAXXX or aluminum frames?
                          Thanks for the questions. The frames are 4140 steel not aluminum, aluminum and 1911 don't belong together in my opinion. The model is the FUCA 1911, however we are making full size, railed, bobtail, 45acp, 9mm, 10mm, 38 super. Pretty much if possible I will make anything to press this issue home.

                          FUCA stands for Firearms Unlisted in CAlifornia and is the Model of these 1911's you can pick your personalized serial number up to 11 alpha/numeric characters if you order early
                          Last edited by Full Spectrum Firearms; 10-16-2015, 2:44 PM.
                          sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            Full Spectrum Firearms
                            Junior Member
                            CGN Contributor
                            • May 2015
                            • 52

                            Originally posted by Citizen_B
                            Tracy Rifle and Pistol in Tracy and Brian Nussbaum Co. in Burlingame did SSE and may be understanding of this product. I've sent a lot of business their ways. MikePolish is a semi-active user here and owner of TRaP. Brian is not active on here.
                            never even thought of Mike at Tracy, I'm sure he would understand. I'll contact Brian, thanks!
                            sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              Citizen_B
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 1431

                              I don't see anything sticky from Full Spectrum's side, after all, they are simply selling a bolt action handgun. Pretty clear cut.

                              On the other side, there doesn't appear to be any illegality in a customer converting said bolt action to a semi-auto. This would be similar to what was done during SSE's days. Can any legal beagles chime in? I know, get a lawyer...

                              The DOJ is refusing to add Franklin Armory's new stuff to the roster after apparently meeting all requirements. I understand it's a different issue but it seems like there are stormy waters ahead in the firearm manufacturing business.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                Full Spectrum Firearms
                                Junior Member
                                CGN Contributor
                                • May 2015
                                • 52

                                Originally posted by Citizen_B
                                I don't see anything sticky from Full Spectrum's side, after all, they are simply selling a bolt action handgun. Pretty clear cut.

                                On the other side, there doesn't appear to be any illegality in a customer converting said bolt action to a semi-auto. This would be similar to what was done during SSE's days. Can any legal beagles chime in? I know, get a lawyer...

                                The DOJ is refusing to add Franklin Armory's new stuff to the roster after apparently meeting all requirements. I understand it's a different issue but it seems like there are stormy waters ahead in the firearm manufacturing business.
                                Your right don't see anything from our side, we are building something that complies with the text of the law. It's finding those dealers outside of my area who understand the envelope only grows by occasionally rubbing against the edge that remains difficult. Franklin Armory understands that, however their issue with the DOJ IMO is personal. I have a letter from the office of the DOJ King herself that explains how DOJ can make no determination, they can only enforce written law. In the case of FA DOJ determined he had converted a semi auto to a bolt action, which is false. This being CA stormy waters are always ahead but hey I have a raincoat and I have lashed myself to the wheel, full speed ahead!
                                sigpic Makers of all things fine, CA Compliant AR15, AR10, AK47, Browning 1919, MP5 clone, and now the FUCA 1911, heck I might even have a MG42 laying around

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1