Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Chrome Browser Overtakes Firefox in Popularity. Who's Using it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    jarhead995
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 1209

    I love chrome. Firefox had wayyyy to many problems

    Comment

    • #62
      nipsip
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2011
      • 20

      Originally posted by Doheny
      I've read a couple of articles saying Chrome has overtaken Firefox and is now second in popularity after I.E.

      Who's using Chrome and how do you like it vs. other browsers?
      Firefox is what I use, however about 10% of the time, I do use Chrome. Firefox just is a memory hog.

      Comment

      • #63
        REDPATCHUSMC
        CGSSA Wine Country Chapt.
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2010
        • 1232

        Originally posted by drifter2be
        I think this sums it up pretty well

        Awesome!!!!
        ------------------------------------------------------
        "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands
        around reloading"





        -- Thomas Jefferson

        Comment

        • #64
          damndave
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Oct 2008
          • 10858

          I've been using it since it came out and love it. Very simple and it's a ton faster than the competition.

          Comment

          • #65
            Bryansix
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2011
            • 5311

            I WOULD use chrome if they fixed these two things:
            1) Horribly simplistic download mechanism that doesn't always work right and makes it impossible to start downloads over that fail
            2) PDF printing issue that makes people think there is a problem with the PDF when the problem is with how CHROME DISPLAYS the pdf. Also printing of PDF's through chrome is basically broken.
            My Guns:
            SP 2022 9mm - 2575 rounds
            Hi-Point Carbine 9mm | Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot |Magpul BUIS 45 degree offset - 140 rounds
            "Reloading is kind of like crocheting for the gun enthusiast with the one exception that while you can have too many drink coasters and ski hats, you cannot have too much ammo." ~Bryansix

            Comment

            • #66
              wisefire
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 1138

              I used chrome for about 6 months but had to switch back to firefox since it has better security and printing option. For some weird option printing with chrome doesnt come out right.

              Comment

              • #67
                freonr22
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2008
                • 12948

                ok what am i doing wrong with chrome? with ff, i can highlight a picture, right click, copy and paste it. i can do the same thing with chrome, but it doesnt paste.. WHAT am i doing wrong?
                sigpic
                Originally posted by dantodd
                We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
                Originally posted by bwiese
                They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
                Originally posted by louisianagirl
                Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

                Comment

                • #68
                  I_Love_My_.38
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 3556

                  Chrome comes in new computers and also leeches itself with other programs to get into pc's, thats why it's number one now, you have to actively find and download ff. FF FTW

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    yellowsulphur
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2007
                    • 1648

                    Originally posted by freonr22
                    ok what am i doing wrong with chrome? with ff, i can highlight a picture, right click, copy and paste it. i can do the same thing with chrome, but it doesnt paste.. WHAT am i doing wrong?
                    Try CTRL-V to paste. Chrome doesn't access the clipboard so the standard method won't work.
                    Last edited by yellowsulphur; 01-10-2012, 10:41 PM. Reason: Reason why

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      MontClaire
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 4859

                      What's chrome browser and Firefox ?

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        Dave A
                        Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 459

                        Using FF, but have not updated to latest because not compatible with Zone Alarm (yet). No problems with crashes that I recall. Used IE for years but had some issues and switched to FF. Don't like how intrusive Google is, so stay far away.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          GlockBlocker
                          Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 346

                          Chrome for me, unless I have to browser testing sites I work on.

                          Besides it being a lightweight/fast browser, a cool built-in feature is now you can 'sign into chrome' under the settings drop down and keep everything synced, including bookmarks, apps, autofill, extensions, saved passwords, preferences, etc... across all your computers.

                          I liked FF early on when it was lightweight, ... now it's too slow.



                          Originally posted by freonr22
                          ok what am i doing wrong with chrome? with ff, i can highlight a picture, right click, copy and paste it. i can do the same thing with chrome, but it doesnt paste.. WHAT am i doing wrong?
                          Try CTRL-V to paste. Chrome doesn't access the clipboard so the standard method won't work.

                          What OS? I have Windows 7 & OS X, ... in both I can right click -> copy image on any image and then right click -> paste (say into word or photoshop) .. or ctrl+v, and it works fine.
                          Last edited by GlockBlocker; 01-13-2012, 11:26 AM.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Targets From Us
                            Vendor/Retailer
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 660

                            Business partner converted me to chrome from firefox. It's a lot faster does have some flaws on pop up printing though,makes it a pain to print shipping labels.



                            Truths about cutting steel With CNC

                            Sub Forum
                            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=267

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              iamgbot
                              Member
                              • Dec 2011
                              • 178

                              Use chrome with their DNS = awesome

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                yellowsulphur
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2007
                                • 1648

                                Originally posted by iamgbot
                                Use chrome with their DNS = awesome
                                Nice. Faster than OpenDns.

                                Google public dns:
                                8.8.8.8
                                8.8.4.4

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1