I brought one of the first glock model 22's that were available and carried it in the police academy and on duty as a police officer. I was against Glock before I brought one got it cheap, carried for several years then got rid of it.
I don't dislike Glock's but i don't love Glocks either. What I don't like about Glocks:
01. They are all built off the same basic pattern
02. Your shots are all the same trigger pull
03. There not metal and some of the Glocks have had issues over time with them. I don't think we will ever see a Glock last 50 years or so, I think it will break down.
04. Doesn't have a manual safety, all it takes is a finger to the trigger.
I like a gun that has a manual safety, I know of at least one police officer's life that was safety because the person couldn't get the gun off safety. I want a gun that I have a longer trigger pull on the first shot so that I give the person all the benefit of the doubt possible before I shot. I then want the other rounds to be shot much easier once we have decided that we are in a shooting situation. I also want a gun that will be around and in good shape 40 years from now.
I don't dislike Glock's but i don't love Glocks either. What I don't like about Glocks:
01. They are all built off the same basic pattern
02. Your shots are all the same trigger pull
03. There not metal and some of the Glocks have had issues over time with them. I don't think we will ever see a Glock last 50 years or so, I think it will break down.
04. Doesn't have a manual safety, all it takes is a finger to the trigger.
I like a gun that has a manual safety, I know of at least one police officer's life that was safety because the person couldn't get the gun off safety. I want a gun that I have a longer trigger pull on the first shot so that I give the person all the benefit of the doubt possible before I shot. I then want the other rounds to be shot much easier once we have decided that we are in a shooting situation. I also want a gun that will be around and in good shape 40 years from now.


Comment