Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock haters

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    acegunnr
    • Oct 2005
    • 2334

    I love my Sigs and love shooting them at the range. They are great, finely crafted and designed firearms.

    Then I started taking tactical training courses and found out I could not master the DA/SA transition as well as larger than 9mm caliber in a high stress environment where accuracy, speed and weapon manipulation counts.

    So I started using Glocks and and was more successful with it. It made training simple, reliable as well as cost effective.

    I've gone back to training with my Sigs/higher calibers as well as other platforms, but I think if it wasn't for Glocks, my training evolution would have been longer, more difficult and far costlier.

    So if a "raging gun battle breaks out in the streets of America", I'm ready.
    Last edited by acegunnr; 08-03-2013, 11:12 AM.

    Comment

    • #77
      robcoe
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2010
      • 8685

      Originally posted by BigL
      Why does it seem like people who hate glocks or hate on glocks are people who never owned one? Or hate them so much they get a M&P or an XD (glock copy) and rant on why its way better? Just my two cents.
      Because we have rented or borrowed them, shot them, and decided that the looks/ergonomics/trigger sucked for us, then smarmy glock fanboys keep coming along and saying "shoot it (insert number of round) and see how often it fails compared to your gun/you'll learn/they are scientifically designed to have the best ergonomics/and on and on".

      BTW, on the "they never fail/jam/whatever" the WORST gun I have ever fired in terms of jamming was a G21. I rented that thing and on it's best string it jammed every 3rd round. Compare that to my "jam'o'matic"(according to glock fanboys) 1911, that hasn't had a single malfunction in the 1000's of rounds I have fired through it.

      If you like them and they work for you, great, enjoy, but they are not "perfection" and they are not the right gun for everyone.
      Last edited by robcoe; 08-03-2013, 11:34 AM.
      Yes, I am an electrical engineer.
      No, I will not fix your computer.

      Comment

      • #78
        Artema
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 3821

        I haven't shot a Glock 21, but I would say not to judge a car by a rental, and the same probably goes for a gun.
        - SAAMI Pressure Specs
        Originally posted by Artema
        I'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.

        Comment

        • #79
          robcoe
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2010
          • 8685

          Originally posted by Artema
          I haven't shot a Glock 21, but I would say not to judge a car by a rental, and the same probably goes for a gun.
          That was specific to the "they never jam no matter what" BS you hear from glock fanboys. If you listen to the fanboys you can bury a glock in sand, beat it with a hammer, dip it in concrete then shoot a billion rounds through it and it will function like new without even cleaning or lubing it.

          Glocks are as reliable as any other gun out there today, not far and a way better, but also not really any worse.
          Last edited by robcoe; 08-03-2013, 11:44 AM.
          Yes, I am an electrical engineer.
          No, I will not fix your computer.

          Comment

          • #80
            Artema
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2012
            • 3821

            Originally posted by robcoe
            That was specific to the "they never jam no matter what" BS you hear from glock fanboys. If you listen to the fanboys you can bury a glock in sand, beat it with a hammer, dip it in concrete then shoot a billion rounds through it and it will function like new without even cleaning or lubing it.

            Glocks are as reliable as any other gun out there today, not far and a way better, but also not really any worse.
            So you're saying you're a hater? I do agree that they're not much better. I'd take my P99C over a G19 any day.
            - SAAMI Pressure Specs
            Originally posted by Artema
            I'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.

            Comment

            • #81
              Citadelgrad87
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2007
              • 16978

              Originally posted by robcoe

              BTW, on the "they never fail/jam/whatever" the WORST gun I have ever fired in terms of jamming was a G21. I rented that thing and on it's best string it jammed every 3rd round. Compare that to my "jam'o'matic"(according to glock fanboys) 1911, that hasn't had a single malfunction in the 1000's of rounds I have fired through it.

              If you like them and they work for you, great, enjoy, but they are not "perfection" and they are not the right gun for everyone.
              There's a phenomenon called Glock wrist, limp wrist or sissy wrist, Glocks need to be held firmly or they will not cycle. I'm not implying anything other than that the phenomenon exists, it's certainly not an indices of sissiness. On several occasions, I have watched shooters get frustrated at multiple malfunctions, then they hand it to someone else and they rip through 3 magazine as fast as the trigger can be pulled.

              This feature absolutely highlights that they are not the right gun for everyone. Typically, though, they are extremely reliable.
              Originally posted by tony270
              It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
              Originally posted by repubconserv
              Print it out and frame it for all I care
              Originally posted by el chivo
              I don't need to think at all..
              Originally posted by pjsig
              You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #82
                robcoe
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2010
                • 8685

                Originally posted by Artema
                So you're saying you're a hater? I do agree that they're not much better. I'd take my P99C over a G19 any day.
                What I hate is constantly being told that I am a fool for not owning a glock despite hating the ergonomics and not being able to shoot them well.

                I look at it this way, I can already shoot my 1911, SR45 and XDS quite well, the grips work well for me, I can work the triggers easily and they are intuitive for me. While I could get over the crap ergonomics and learn to shoot a glock well with several months of work, why would I bother when I already have a selection of guns I like that I can use well without having to go through an unpleasant learning curve and that are, on the whole, as reliable.

                Like I said in a previous post, Glocks are good guns, but they are not perfect, and they are not the right choice for everyone. If someone likes them, good for them, but they are not for me.
                Yes, I am an electrical engineer.
                No, I will not fix your computer.

                Comment

                • #83
                  OuTLaw123
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 1243

                  I own an m&p and glock so I'm neutral.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    Merc1138
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 19742

                    Dammit. I can't hate glocks anymore, they're the only guns that have aftermarket rubber slide covers available. Nothing else is as tacticool now

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      Artema
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2012
                      • 3821

                      Originally posted by Merc1138
                      Dammit. I can't hate glocks anymore, they're the only guns that have aftermarket rubber slide covers available. Nothing else is as tacticool now

                      http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...r-glock-cover/
                      That's like putting a wing on a FWD car.
                      - SAAMI Pressure Specs
                      Originally posted by Artema
                      I'd go to the grocery store with polymer, and I'd go to war with steel.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        Bruce
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 2183

                        The last plastic pistol I owned was made by the IDEAL toy company.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          ER308
                          Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 135

                          ... can't we all just get along?.....

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            capitol
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 2503

                            Haters are gonna hate.

                            Glocks are the Volkswagen of handguns. Very reliable, cheap and always seem to go no matter how much you abuse em.

                            Now a 1911 is a fine oiled machine. Like an Italian sports car. Gotta be maintained, but perform like no other.
                            Last edited by capitol; 08-03-2013, 8:07 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              Nessal
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 2261

                              When it came time to buy my first handgun, I was 1911 or nothing. That was until I rented one to shoot and realized that it just wasn't for me. Ended up getting a glock.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                Springfield45
                                Senior Member
                                • Jun 2008
                                • 2426

                                I own several different handguns. I finally picked up a Glock 22 last year. It is a good gun and dose what it is supposed to do but it is not my favorite. I all so own Chevy's and Fords. So it dose not really matter to me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1