Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Found this buried in my back yard

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    five.five-six
    CGN Contributor
    • May 2006
    • 34928

    Originally posted by DDG
    Report it. Maybe LE will come out and finish digging up your yard for you, looking for more gun parts. Point out that you thought you saw more stuff deeper, right where you want to run your sprinkler lines.

    Free yard work.
    winner!

    Comment

    • #92
      Fate
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2006
      • 9545

      Originally posted by smle-man
      ...the previous owner figured the police would never look for the murder weapon where he buried it. A rototiller never figured into his plans.
      That sounds just like a movie preview voice over. I can hear the guy's voice now. LOL
      sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

      "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
      , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

      Comment

      • #93
        TregoMark
        Member
        CGN Contributor
        • Oct 2007
        • 311

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by smle-man
        ...the previous owner figured the police would never look for the murder weapon where he buried it. A rototiller never figured into his plans.

        That sounds just like a movie preview voice over. I can hear the guy's voice now. LOL
        09-02-2009 06:09 PM
        Like Bill Kurtis on A&E.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #94
          AJAX22
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2006
          • 14980

          Originally posted by FS00008
          I think it's an M1 carbine. Sell it to AJAX22... he loves rebuilding these rusty relics...

          :-P
          YES!!!!!
          Youtube Channel Proto-Ordnance

          Subscribe to Proto Ordnance

          Comment

          • #95
            professionalcoyotehunter
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 12805

            Originally posted by gadjeep
            Cool. Nice find, makes me want to go rototill my yard!
            Just metal detect it. It is cheaper and a lot less work.

            Comment

            • #96
              maxicon
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 4661

              Originally posted by k-101
              I sir, take offense to that, as I have a Universal M1 carbine........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........hahahahahaah kidding, yea the thing is a jam-o-matic, can never get the thing to run more than a few rounds at a time. Havent shot it in a few years because of that. To all you other guys who know about these things, is there anything that can be done to then to make them run more reliably?
              My Universal ran great for years, until the slide cracked. Then it started jamming. Most of the jamming problems I've seen are magazine dependent, though mine worked fine with most mags. There were many of them sold back in the day, and they were mostly reliable shooters until something broke.

              The biggest problem you're likely to have (aside from a cracked slide) is that the mag notch in the aluminum magwell gets worn and won't hold the mag securely in place. This is pretty obvious if it's the case - the mag will wiggle a lot when locked in place. Some mags fit tighter than others, so that's worth a try.

              If you want to find more info about yours, here's the best site on the 'net for Universals:


              I've got a light web site on them (the accessory catalog is pretty amusing), but Jim has far more detail on the guns.


              Here's what my cracked slide looked like. It happened in the middle of a range session, and went from its usual reliable shooting to hanging up every few shots:
              Last edited by maxicon; 09-04-2009, 10:18 AM.
              sigpic
              NRA Life Member

              Comment

              • #97
                Full Clip
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2006
                • 10266

                Nice find. Go buy a Lotto ticket. You may be on a hot streak.

                Comment

                • #98
                  otteray
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 3246

                  Maybe there's a sealed spam can of ammo out in the yard too...
                  sigpic
                  Single fin mentality

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    Tankhatch
                    Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 348

                    The trigger guard looks to have been melted away,,,,, so its been overheated,,, not so good to try to restore it to a firing weapon.

                    Ka-Boom factor
                    *
                    NRA Life Member since 1978
                    CRPA Life Member since 1978

                    Comment

                    • GoodEyeSniper
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2009
                      • 812

                      Originally posted by k-101
                      To all you other guys who know about these things, is there anything that can be done to then to make them run more reliably?
                      bury them

                      Comment

                      • joepamjohn
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 2709

                        It's an M1 Carbine. Looks like the rare "Rust-Ola" brand. They were pretty rare. A little cold blue,a stock, and some hoppes #9 and you can post it FS in the forum.

                        I remember some enthusiastic members talking about a gun buy back going on in Fairfield tomorrow that they were hoping to score big at. That bad boy looks like a $100.00 bill to me at one of these by backs. Now that's one I wouldn't mind seeing the anti's get off the street.

                        Go check it out.
                        Last edited by joepamjohn; 09-04-2009, 8:40 PM.
                        "You can't handle the truth"

                        Comment

                        • joepamjohn
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 2709

                          Originally posted by SLYoteBoy
                          First thought was M1 Carbine. Anyway it could be a Mini 14?
                          Nope. it's a carbine.
                          "You can't handle the truth"

                          Comment

                          • joepamjohn
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 2709

                            Originally posted by leitung
                            Wanna sell it? I will give ya $30..

                            I would be the kind of person who would tear it down and see about restoring it, if it's even possible...
                            Sadly it's a 1970's vintage Universal POS. You would need to dros it in this crazy state because it is still a gun by way of the law.

                            It probably shoots the same now as it did when it was new
                            "You can't handle the truth"

                            Comment

                            • AJAX22
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2006
                              • 14980

                              I got $10 bucks says I can get it to fire... and I have a buddy with a complete one of those we can swap parts over from...
                              Youtube Channel Proto-Ordnance

                              Subscribe to Proto Ordnance

                              Comment

                              • gotgunz
                                Senior Member
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 1972

                                Take it to Fairfield tomorrow and get a $50.00 gift card for it and help save the world!


                                LOL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1