Reminds me when my neighbor found an Anschultz 22 in his wall when he was remodeling his 1920's era house
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Found this buried in my back yard
Collapse
X
-
Some say that he once mooned two prostitutes just for a round of drinks, but wasn't surprised by the reply......They call him, the Hutch
Some say that he rode a dirtbike 7k miles across the country and that he once applied Bengay to his own testicles for a mere $50............They call him, the Hutch -Top Gear
http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60 -
Or a Bringback Arasaka (Rare early production with mum) ...Comment
-
Sometimes you have to wonder if people even bother to read the thread before they comment.....M1 carb...
you can get new barrels and when you clean it up, you might be suprised what you find... esp. if it is a rare reciever... I'd clean it up... soak it in break free and then a nylon brush and then 0000 steel wool very lightly and try cleaning the barrel with some JB... i did that with an 03a3 that started looking like a rusted pipe and will shoot 5 rounds of fed. 165 gr into a hole you can cover with a nickel... my gun had been in a light fire and the guy had thrown it into the garage... I got it for 35 bucks... and have killed a number of deer and pigs with it between me and my brother... you might be very suprised... and you can get all of the trigger parts too... they might even be buried where this was... got a friend with a metal detector?... be ware of the dreaded m2 carbine parts though... that was a switch that was on the left side of the reciever but was really mounted to the trigger group... which might explain why someone buried it....
Rest in Peace - Andrew Breitbart. A true student of Alinsky.
90% of winning is simply showing up.
"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green
sigpic
NRA Benefactor MemberComment
-
Comment
-
That reminds me of the M-1 Garand we found out in a training area out in 29 palms probably 13 or so years ago. Some guy probably went to the brig for that"You see in this world theres two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... You Dig" Blondie from TGBUComment
-
That is a Universal Carbine. The last version, which can be identified by the dual recoil springs, and the open op rod cut where the bolt lug rides. They were not good guns, considered POS by many. Which is probably by someone buried it. Normally, they are not full auto, and I do not believe they can be easily converted to full auto as a USGI can.I was roto-tilling my backyard last week and hit something metal. At first I thought it was a piece of pipe but when I picked it I saw it was a rifle. Or at least what was left of one. It was really rusted and the stock no where to be found. The next day my friend found the magazine. I used a brush to get most of the dirt off of it and I didn't see any marking on it at all. I don't know what kind it is or what I am going to do with it. It will probably just sit in my garage with the rest of the crap I keep in there.
Interesting that is was drilled and tapped for a scope mount on the left side of the receiver.Comment
-
Wow !Comment
-
Wow, this was a great read, thanks for posting. Please keep us updated on what you decide to do with it. I recommend trying to clean it up as much as possible just to see what you are working with under all that rust. Do you know the previous owners of the house? maybe follow up with them and if its not theirs, see if they know who owned the home before them. Definitely get a metal detector deployed in your back yard and see what else you can find. Maybe there was a whole stash of firearms burried back there? COOL! I look forward to seeing your updates!sigpicin the hands of
OH MY!Comment
-
I thought hair removal lol...Comment
-
I remember on board ship the chiefs used to try to take the m14s from the roving deck watch. The rovers used to set their rifle down and smoke. When they least expected it, a chubby, hairy arm would reach around the corner and sneak away the gun.Comment
-
The original owner probably threw it away cause it was all rusty.
It cannot be inherited, nor can it ever be purchased.
You and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible to rent and cannot be lent.
You alone and our own have earned it with...Your sweat, blood and lives. You own it forever.
The title is....."United States Marine".
sigpicComment
-
-
You should do some research and find out what the history of the area was prior to houses being built there i.e. military training area during WWII, etc.!"Life Is Hard. It's Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!
"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!
"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,827
Posts: 25,152,122
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 10249 users online. 119 members and 10130 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment