Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need help explaining guns to girlfriend

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • idntwn2
    Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 281

    It would seem to a case of the ubiquitous triumph of emotion over intellect, masquerading as the opposite.

    Do yourself a big damn favor. You know what it is.

    Good Luck.

    Comment

    • Fat BASStard
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2015
      • 1

      find a local range with a ladies night.


      TMTK

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • Frotz
        Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 417

        I had a long talk with my brother on this problem. He seems to think the crux of the problem is that the handgun I usually carry is carried in a pocket without a holster and that considering breaking up is stupid. This handgun is an NAA .22lr mini-revolver, which is designed specifically to be carried like this. He doesn't seem to understand that my girlfriend is having an extreme emotional response to the basic concept of firearms and why I feel the need to carry one. I finished the essay and gave it to her. It has some links to material written by others (chiefly women) on why they own and carry guns, particularly there's the video of Dr Susan Gratia-Hupp testifying about the massacre in Luby's Cafeteria. My line in the sand is drawn.

        Comment

        • ZirconJohn
          Rattlesnake Hunter
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Sep 2007
          • 10376

          Frotz ... you need help son

          Post the SA here before you give it to her ... we NEED to have a look and proof read it for you
          .
          "A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing" -- Jessamyn West
          "Only God has the touch to create these magnificent rattlesnakes and their signature greatness in nature" -- unknown
          .
          ......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel

          Comment

          • robodeer
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 561

            Good luck, OP. Whichever way it works out I hope it's for the best.
            F-15 Strike Eagle Pilots Talk BS While Aerial Refueling

            Comment

            • Frotz
              Member
              • Jun 2012
              • 417

              Originally posted by ZirconJohn
              Frotz ... you need help son

              Post the SA here before you give it to her ... we NEED to have a look and proof read it for you
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEYGcXSmpQhttp://www.corneredcat.com/article/w...i-carry-a-gun/http://blog.beretta.com/12-reasons-to-concealed-carryhttp://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control...ncealed-carry/
              Numerous facts and myths about concealed carry with references. The whole webpage is full of documented and verified facts on many other gun-related topics.

              Conclusions

              I own and carry firearms for the defense of myself, my family, and whoever happens to be nearby. I am not afraid to defend myself and others should the need arise. I hope this article has been enlightening. Please feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.

              Comment

              • Frotz
                Member
                • Jun 2012
                • 417

                Originally posted by ZirconJohn
                Frotz ... you need help son

                Post the SA here before you give it to her ... we NEED to have a look and proof read it for you
                By the way, I texted her a link to this essay, which she'll read later tonight. So, she hasn't read it yet.

                Comment

                • JDay
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19393

                  What do you carry that NAA for, rattle snakes? You should look into getting a carry piece with some actual stopping power. And btw, there are pocket holsters for those NAA revolvers, carrying it without one is not smart.

                  Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                  The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                  Comment

                  • jeremiah12
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 2065

                    Originally posted by Frotz
                    He seems to think the crux of the problem is that the handgun I usually carry is carried in a pocket without a holster and that considering breaking up is stupid. This handgun is an NAA .22lr mini-revolver, which is designed specifically to be carried like this.
                    The NAA .22lr is not specifically designed to be pocket carried without a holster. That is asking for trouble. I do own one. Bought it because I thought it would make a good CC gun. I shot it and learned its was a POS. Then I educated myself about CC. Now that I have my permit I have not ever carried that gun. It would only be for very deep cover and possibly as a back-up to my back-up.
                    Anyone can look around and see the damage to the state and country inflicted by bad politicians.

                    A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

                    Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

                    --Librarian

                    Comment

                    • Svetlana
                      Member
                      • May 2015
                      • 357

                      Originally posted by robodeer
                      Seems like most of the girls in CA are pretty anti. Finding one that's pro is the exception to the norm. The ones that are pro seem to be more laid back/easy going as well. Agreed with those that say that she'll never change.
                      Most of my girl friends are either on the fence or have had a bad experience and yet blame the gun instead of their boy friends.

                      They want to blame an inanimate object for something else they want yet can not stand (or vent their anger on). :/

                      Admittedly I was like that at one point, but some of us grow up. Don't date immature underage girls in women's bodies.
                      Women's rights and gun rights are congruent.
                      Most women are generally physically weaker than most men.
                      A gun is an equalizer, without it, equal rights is a joke.

                      Comment

                      • rmblaster
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 1090

                        Comment

                        • kel-tec-innovations
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 3931

                          If you do end up marrying her say good bye to your firearms.

                          If she's the type that says "its me or the guns" or "if you love me you'd give up you guns".

                          Run! Cause if you reproduce with her one day for sure "you love your guns more than our children?"

                          Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
                          WTS: Mossberg RARE Bullpup
                          WTS: Glock 27 Nickel Boron coated 2 tone
                          American Defense 20 MOA mount, AK47 AK74 Bullpup kit, Midwest AK rails Krink
                          WTS: 7n6 5.45x39 spam cans / Crates IE area Riverside San Bernardino

                          Comment

                          • lacboy
                            Junior Member
                            • Jun 2015
                            • 3

                            Brake up it only gets worse she's this bad know wait till your married

                            Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • e90bmw
                              Senior Member
                              CGN Contributor
                              • May 2013
                              • 1268

                              Inlaws in the house is bad.....

                              Comment

                              • sunrisefordrene
                                Member
                                • Oct 2012
                                • 443

                                DTB!!,Now..I'm not sure,but in my language,that sounds an auful like an ultimatum..If you break for this one,consider your spine and you divorced.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1