Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Vang Comp wait times
Collapse
X
-
-
Ouch.
I think the one I sent in in May was quoted at 6months +Comment
-
Alfred E. Neuman 2024
"The Hillary Clinton school of failure."Comment
-
I own 4 or so Vang Comps. I dropped off my latest project in the beginning of May. I thought I'd have it back by October.
Just the barrel work and adding a dot sight to the barrel.
Still no gun and it was supposed to be ready for our travel season.
I might try to call him and see if it can be ready for Thanksgiving.Comment
-
I hope Vang Comp can get your barrel work done. I would be terrified that it gets lost in the shuffle after 6 months.
I own a manufacturing business and after the pandemic have reduced my lead times to 4 months max for projects infinitely larger than barrel work. But I get bottlenecks and supply chain shortages. My purchasing team works wonders to get me the goods and services I need.
There was some talk about Vang having trouble with the vendor making the sights. Maybe that is the trouble.Alfred E. Neuman 2024
"The Hillary Clinton school of failure."Comment
-
Stoopid way to run a biznizz.
If you can't ramp up production, give people a number. When their number comes up with a functional lead time, they get a notice to send their hardware or lose their place in line. No more (less) cumbersome than keeping what has to be quite an array of customer owned firearms/parts in a year long queue.
I wouldn't let anybody put my firearm on a milling machine for a rather routine loading port mod who didn't have the skills or even inkling to make a fixture to support routine work.
"This is the way we've always done it" is BS.Last edited by JagerDog; 11-06-2023, 12:27 PM.Palestine is a fake country
No Mas Hamas
#BlackolivesmatterComment
-
Stop giving sound business advice!!!!
If you can't ramp up production, give people a number. When their number comes up with a functional lead time, they get a notice to send their hardware or lose their place in line. No more (less) cumbersome than keeping what has to be quite an array of customer owned firearms/parts in a year long queue.
"This is the way we've always done it" is BS.Comment
-
I've been familiar with the company for 20 years.
A few years ago Hans sold the company and it was relocated to Vegas.
Their current issue is staffing.
They don't have enough staff for the current wave of orders.
I didn't call and ask when I could drop it off, I simply showed up and dropped it off.
I knew there would be a long wait but for what I was asking for, I thought it would be done in the time line that they quoted me.
I'm not worried, otherwise I'd have called a while ago.
Just a little annoyed.Comment
-
How long has this "wave" been in effect?I've been familiar with the company for 20 years.
A few years ago Hans sold the company and it was relocated to Vegas.
Their current issue is staffing.
They don't have enough staff for the current wave of orders.
I didn't call and ask when I could drop it off, I simply showed up and dropped it off.
I knew there would be a long wait but for what I was asking for, I thought it would be done in the time line that they quoted me.
I'm not worried, otherwise I'd have called a while ago.
Just a little annoyed.Palestine is a fake country
No Mas Hamas
#BlackolivesmatterComment
-
The wave has yet to crest...
^^From Page 4. The battered woman syndrome continues...Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,507
Posts: 25,148,545
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 15334 users online. 123 members and 15211 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment