Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

22lr ammo prices dropping!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    CRTguns
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 2627

    Originally posted by 'ol shooter
    We have to hit saturation of the market some time, that's when the prices will fall all around. The last time this cycle occurred, I bought a case of Blazers for $159 delivered, and lots of it locally as there were sales at Turners and Big 5 every week. Will it go way down, who can say?
    or folks will just run out of money.

    Comment

    • #32
      SMOKEYMOUNTAIN
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 1454

      Supply and demand baby. Capitalism at its finest.
      ____________________________________

      Deterrence, Not Disarmament, Ended the Cold War.

      Comment

      • #33
        jyo
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2008
        • 5320

        Still going down! I am starting to see some "almost" normal prices out there...

        Comment

        • #34
          64physhy
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2012
          • 733

          I ordered a "Bucket-O-Bullets" (1400) from Midway for $59.99. It's on back order, but less than $.05/round. I got free shipping, but even if it was $20.00 for shipping, it would be less than $.06/round. Worth the wait since I have enough to hold me over until they get here.
          Work harder! Millions on welfare are depending on you!

          Comment

          • #35
            bruceflinch
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 40155

            It's about time!
            Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

            I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

            Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

            Secret Club Member?.

            Comment

            • #36
              vintagearms
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2009
              • 6841

              Originally posted by SMOKEYMOUNTAIN
              Supply and demand baby. Capitalism at its finest.
              Manufacturer
              Distributer
              Retailer

              I don't need another middleman. Prices are already high enough. Thank you. Demand is constant whether gouger vs letting everyone else get theirs.

              Comment

              • #37
                Socalman
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 1339

                It will continue to go down but we won't be seeing it at 2 or 3 cents IMHO. Gas prices rise, then fall but never to the low they previously were.

                Comment

                • #38
                  G21Shooter
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 3577

                  Originally posted by Socalman
                  It will continue to go down but we won't be seeing it at 2 or 3 cents IMHO. Gas prices rise, then fall but never to the low they previously were.
                  True, but I think we will be able to get bulk packs in the 4 to 5 cent range in the near future given there is not another panic.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    QQQ
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 2243

                    Originally posted by Socalman
                    It will continue to go down but we won't be seeing it at 2 or 3 cents IMHO. Gas prices rise, then fall but never to the low they previously were.
                    I don't even remember the last time I saw 2 or 3 cents in a brick and mortar store after taxes. 4 cents maybe.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      penguinofsleep
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 2070

                      Originally posted by Socalman
                      It will continue to go down but we won't be seeing it at 2 or 3 cents IMHO. Gas prices rise, then fall but never to the low they previously were.
                      if i remember correctly, at the time (you are thinking early and mid 2000's?), $10 per box of 22lr (~2/3 cents/rd) was possible b/c prices for raw materials were about 1/2 of what they were before the price increase starting around 06/07. price increase was due to increased demand for raw materials world wide, esp in china, as they became more commercialized and interested in building infrastructure but didn't yet have the capability to produce/extract their own in huge amounts yet.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        edgerly779
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 19871

                        I have picked it up off internet for 4.5-6 cents each in last month. I am ok now was getting down to the skinny.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          uechikid
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 1409

                          "Carpe Diem"

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            jyo
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 5320

                            Midway is selling 1400 rd buckets of Remington HP 22lr = 5.6 cents a rd including shipping---currently on backorder, but the reports are it does ship sooner or later...



                            And for those who claim Remington 22 ammo is unreliable---it works well in my guns...

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Teeko
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2013
                              • 2698

                              My 22lr stash will be on the marketplace soon

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                NOTABIKER
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Mar 2012
                                • 7635

                                i just paid 14 bucks with tax for cci 100 pack eeeeeek.. the grand sons want to shoot and i do not want to use up my stash.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1