Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • usmcchet9296
    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
    • Feb 2008
    • 1834

    I just did a triggerjob on my CZ and Im almost sure it is now a 1LB trigger with almost 0 creep but like my last outting by the time I got to 100 the wind picked up and so did the cold. Shooting in the cold sucks *** but while my lower scored targets wont win the match I am really happy with the groupings. One inch at 100 yards in high winds isnt bad at all for a 22 and unlike my old Savage I have no cold bore issues.

    2-23-11 (2) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr


    2-23-11 (5) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr


    2-23-11 (6) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr


    2-23-11 (3) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
    John P. Hermesmeyer
    U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
    Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
    sigpic
    Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
    In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

    Comment

    • dwh100
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 955

      Nice shooting Chet!
      Isn't that last target a 41?
      10 10 7 7 7
      Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
      - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

      Comment

      • usmcchet9296
        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
        • Feb 2008
        • 1834

        Originally posted by dwh100
        Nice shooting Chet!
        Isn't that last target a 41?
        10 10 7 7 7
        Yeah your right
        too damned many targets this month to keep track of scoring
        oh well ill get used to it
        John P. Hermesmeyer
        U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
        Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
        sigpic
        Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
        In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

        Comment

        • dwh100
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2007
          • 955

          Originally posted by usmcchet9296
          too damned many targets this month to keep track of scoring
          I'll do my best at the end of this month's tally!
          Darn weather will make it a little easier!
          Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
          - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

          Comment

          • dwh100
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 955

            March Rimfire Match

            Congratulations go out to Izzy43, surfNshoot and USMCCHET9296 for being the only shooters to post targets in February!

            You guys win!
            February synopsis:
            100yd scoped-USMCCHET9296 scired 45
            25yd scoped surfNshoot scored 75
            100yd irons USCMCHET9296 scored 48
            50yd irons SurfNshoot and Izzy43 both scored 51
            25yd irons USMCCHET9296 scores 50
            __________________________________________________ _______________

            March Rimfire Match Targets
            print at 100%

            100yds scoped/irons

            take 5 shots
            score 10, 9, 8...

            50yds scoped

            take one shot at each of 15 targets
            score 10, 8, 7, 6...

            * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

            50yd irons

            take 3 shots at each of 2 targets
            center 10pts...

            25yd irons

            take 3 shots at each of 6 targets
            score 10, 9, 8, 7...

            __________________________________________________ ____

            Rules:
            Shoot targets
            Post pics
            *Must tally score correctly and circle it on your target
            *Must include distance and whether shot scoped or irons on target
            Any other info appreciated by all!

            Winners earn bragging rights!


            Hope to see some more targets this March!
            Good Luck and straight shootin'!
            Enjoy!
            Last edited by dwh100; 02-28-2011, 8:50 PM.
            Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
            - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

            Comment

            • rojocorsa
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2008
              • 9139

              I hate not having a printer! If so, I'd be all over these now that I've got the means.
              sigpic
              7-6-2 FTMFW!

              "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

              Comment

              • surfNshoot
                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                • Mar 2008
                • 1444

                I think the weather had a lot to do with the low turn out. I'm hope this month is better. Thanks DWH for once again giving me a reason to to spend way to much time at the range. Great target choices.

                Comment

                • usmcchet9296
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 1834

                  Yeah DWH thanks for everything
                  John P. Hermesmeyer
                  U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                  Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                  sigpic
                  Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                  In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                  Comment

                  • Izzy43
                    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 2670

                    Shot the 25yd and 50 yd iron sight targets today. 45 degrees with a 5-8 MPH wind at the range. Rifle was a Mossbert 44US using rear peep and front globe sight. Ammo was Aguila Match Target (Blue Box). First target is the 25 yd, Score 167. Second target is 50 yd, Score is 56.

                    I found the 25 yd target to be a real challenge, could barely see the bull in the peep sight. Good Choice DWH.

                    The 50 yd target gave a nearly perfect sight picture through the peep sights with the bull being just smaller than the peep. Another great target.

                    Hoping for nicer weather this month so more folks can post targets. Good luck to all.
                    Last edited by Izzy43; 05-29-2011, 11:50 AM.

                    Comment

                    • dwh100
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 955

                      Hi Izzy,
                      Thanx for posting your targets. Did you find these irons targets were acceptable? I'm hoping to get my applseed rifle together this month, and will give these a try, if I can find the rare free time.
                      Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                      - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                      Comment

                      • surfNshoot
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 1444

                        Dang... that was fast Izzy!!! I need to retire already. Oh wait.. only 30 more years!!!

                        Comment

                        • surfNshoot
                          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 1444

                          Originally posted by dwh100
                          Hi Izzy,
                          Thanx for posting your targets. Did you find these irons targets were acceptable? I'm hoping to get my applseed rifle together this month, and will give these a try, if I can find the rare free time.
                          What rifle are you building for appleseed?

                          Comment

                          • Izzy43
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 2670

                            Originally posted by dwh100
                            Hi Izzy,
                            Thanx for posting your targets. Did you find these irons targets were acceptable? I'm hoping to get my applseed rifle together this month, and will give these a try, if I can find the rare free time.
                            Very acceptable though the 25 yd is a tough one. That one tests the shooters skills pretty well.

                            Comment

                            • dwh100
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 955

                              Originally posted by surfNshoot
                              What rifle are you building for appleseed?
                              Well, I am taking apart my 10/22 Fungun (tommygun kit for sale in the Classifieds), and using the receiver, putting a Clark 18.5" bull barrel, OEM trigger set up, an older laminated Ruger T stock, Tech Sights and a GI sling on it.
                              Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                              - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                              Comment

                              • surfNshoot
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 1444

                                Originally posted by dwh100
                                Well, I am taking apart my 10/22 Fungun (tommygun kit for sale in the Classifieds), and using the receiver, putting a Clark 18.5" bull barrel, OEM trigger set up, an older laminated Ruger T stock, Tech Sights and a GI sling on it.
                                Nice!!!! I scored rifleman with my bull 10/22 as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1