Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • surfNshoot
    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
    • Mar 2008
    • 1444

    Originally posted by dwh100
    Are you using Lyman front sights with the inserts?
    I just googled it and I'm showing it is made by Diana/RWS. yes they just slide in and screw in place.

    Comment

    • Izzy43
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2670

      Originally posted by usmcchet9296
      Yes I am and not soon enough
      Ah, soon you too will be fondling those aperture sights. Make sure to wear personal protection and "DO NOT ABUSE THEM".

      Comment

      • rojocorsa
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2008
        • 9139

        Question for Izzy43

        When you put this on your gun,



        What happens to the "normal" rear sight?
        sigpic
        7-6-2 FTMFW!

        "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

        Comment

        • usmcchet9296
          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
          • Feb 2008
          • 1834

          Originally posted by Izzy43
          Ah, soon you too will be fondling those aperture sights. Make sure to wear personal protection and "DO NOT ABUSE THEM".
          I will treat them with absolute care
          John P. Hermesmeyer
          U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
          Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
          sigpic
          Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
          In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

          Comment

          • iamchrispartida
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 72

            Holy smokes, I have to find a printer - I NEED TO GET IN ON THIS WHEN I GO TO THE RANGE ON MONDAY!!!

            I'm gonna go for the 50y scoped, hope the wind is down.
            -Chris Partida

            Comment

            • Izzy43
              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
              • Dec 2009
              • 2670

              Originally posted by rojocorsa
              Question for Izzy43

              When you put this on your gun,



              What happens to the "normal" rear sight?
              The rear sight is removed. Near the front of the rear sight blade you just have to push it down with your thumb (may take a little force but don't use any tools) and pull rearward on the sight blade and it will come right out. Front sight hood and post are also removed and globe installed. Pretty easy actually and no permanent changes are made.

              Comment

              • rojocorsa
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2008
                • 9139

                Thanks for the PM. All of my further questions will be through that so I don't derail this thread.
                sigpic
                7-6-2 FTMFW!

                "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

                Comment

                • surfNshoot
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 1444

                  Originally posted by iamchrispartida
                  Holy smokes, I have to find a printer - I NEED TO GET IN ON THIS WHEN I GO TO THE RANGE ON MONDAY!!!

                  I'm gonna go for the 50y scoped, hope the wind is down.
                  Welcome.

                  We love seeing new shooters each month.

                  Comment

                  • surfNshoot
                    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 1444

                    hope to see more targets soon.

                    Comment

                    • usmcchet9296
                      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 1834

                      Originally posted by surfNshoot
                      hope to see more targets soon.
                      Soon
                      When i get back in town and pick up my kimber and take it and my CZ out
                      John P. Hermesmeyer
                      U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                      Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                      sigpic
                      Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                      In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                      Comment

                      • usmcchet9296
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 1834

                        Went shooting with my Kimber for the first time and this is the result

                        2-20-11 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
                        Not bad but I am almost at full right windage so I am going to have to shim my Kimber and re-zero.
                        The winds were up but I reshot at 100 with my CZ and got a 41. I just need a good no wind day and Im sure I can do better,

                        2-20-11 (2) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
                        John P. Hermesmeyer
                        U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                        Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                        sigpic
                        Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                        In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                        Comment

                        • surfNshoot
                          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 1444

                          ^^^Great shooting buddy!!!!!

                          Comment

                          • Izzy43
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 2670

                            Very Nice! That Kimber looks like a keeper. I have read where some of them have the problem you described with the sights. Good luck with the shimming.

                            Comment

                            • sharxbyte
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 2448

                              hm.... IF i had a place to shoot.. I'd shoot some plastics just for fun.. =p
                              My AR is 7.62x39, so that if/when we get invaded, I can shoot their ammo back at them!
                              sigpic

                              Originally posted by Falstaff
                              Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
                              My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread


                              Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!


                              Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.

                              Comment

                              • usmcchet9296
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 1834

                                Well this is my final targets for this month. It looks like Im only going to take the 25 but considering I am shooting with 2 new rifles I can handle that
                                First is my new Kimber 82G
                                at 50 I scored a 48.... prolly could have done better and prolly should have but I overall Im happy with my score.

                                2-23-11 (8) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

                                Next is my 100 yard targets. The wind did pick up and not being used to the sights on the Kimber I think its not too bad ...score 48

                                2-23-11 (4) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
                                John P. Hermesmeyer
                                U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                                Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                                sigpic
                                Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                                In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1