Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Izzy43
    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
    • Dec 2009
    • 2670

    Originally posted by usmcchet9296
    Looks good Izzy. How did that first shot flyer issue do?
    Actually it was a first 2 or 3 shot flyer that is now a 1 shot flyer. Think I'm just gonna accept that the rifle will do that. I sure can't get it any cleaner so its not that, although two things also happened. The rifle will now shoot some other ammo decently that it would not before and the group size with the Wolf MT shrunk as well. So some progress was made. I'll just shoot the first shot into the dirt and live with that.

    Also I found that if I pull a dry patch through the barrel (using a Patch Worm) it seems to start out shooting its best right away. Gonna retire my Bore Snake in favor of the patch worm, cleans alot better and my wife hated it when I put the BoreSnake in the washer. The Patch Worm works for every caliber up to 12 ga and uses only 22 cal patches for everything. Neat item, works good and cheap.

    Comment

    • RipVanWinkle
      Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 266

      Breaking my habit of waiting 'til the last minute, I got out to the range today to shoot the October targets. Same rig as always; Zastava Z5, Simmons 22 mag 3-9x 32mm AO scope, Caldwell Rock Jr. front rest, gravel bag rear, 50 yard range. First up is the Not So Elite target using Winchester 333 ammo. With about 1000 rounds through the Z5 the groups have tightened up considerably. At this point I can almost always tell if a shot is a flier, so the limiting factor for accuracy is me, not the gun. I shot 3 targets, scoring 141, 142, and 144. Best is shown.



      Then I shot 3 Elite targets with Winchester 333, scoring 74, 74, and 76. Again, best is shown.



      I was talking with a friendly fellow shooter about .22 ammo and he offered me some Ruski target ammo that wouldn't function in his automatic pistol, and he suggested I give it a try; so I shot 2 more elite targets with it, scoring 72 and 74. Thanks Tom!



      It seemed to work pretty well, but it was given to him by another shooter and he didn't know where that person got it or anything else about the ammo. Does anyone recognize this stuff?





      Comment

      • Izzy43
        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
        • Dec 2009
        • 2670

        Originally posted by RipVanWinkle
        I was talking with a friendly fellow shooter about .22 ammo and he offered me some Ruski target ammo that wouldn't function in his automatic pistol, and he suggested I give it a try; so I shot 2 more elite targets with it, scoring 72 and 74. Thanks Tom!

        Does anyone recognize this stuff?
        Only thing I could find. Maybe this is it in a new wrapper.



        By the way, great shooting

        Comment

        • RipVanWinkle
          Member
          • Feb 2010
          • 266

          Originally posted by Izzy43
          Only thing I could find. Maybe this is it in a new wrapper.



          By the way, great shooting
          Hey, it's sold out, Izzy, but I think that's probably the same stuff, based on going to this website:



          There's a Vostok button there which leads.......nowhere. Oh well.....

          Comment

          • pisarski
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 740

            oct match

            shot today with light wind




            Comment

            • usmcchet9296
              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
              • Feb 2008
              • 1834

              Well it was sure windy today at ASR but me and Surf-n-shoot did try our luck at the October match and this is what I pulled off
              Elite 50 yards best group
              IMG_0330 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
              I shot this when the wind was at the worst so its not a great score but under the circumstances it was pretty good
              IMG_0331 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
              Already cleared the 25 yard targets on Wed but may post the results of some of my other guns at that range later.
              John P. Hermesmeyer
              U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
              Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
              sigpic
              Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
              In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

              Comment

              • surfNshoot
                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                • Mar 2008
                • 1444

                Originally posted by pisarski
                shot today with light wind
                Very Impressive!!!! I'm going to see if my mod 60 can even come close to this. I doubt it.

                Comment

                • surfNshoot
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 1444

                  Here is my 25 yard target. I wasn't doing so well at 50 yards. I'll try again.

                  Mossberg 44us
                  SK standard plus
                  peep sights

                  Score: Cleaned 120

                  Comment

                  • Izzy43
                    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 2670

                    Nice shooting, SurfNshoot. Competition is getting tight. Can I borrow that Mossy 44US? Just for a couple of months. I've tried the 25 yd target with irons and red dot on my Zastava Z5 and can't hit diddly and its not the rifle.

                    Comment

                    • surfNshoot
                      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 1444

                      Finally!!!!!!! I get a day with no wind. It was cold and misty but it was a great day anyway. I really got this TR figured out today. I must say I even shocked myself.

                      Both shot with my Savage TR. SK standard plus ammo. SWFA SS 16x scope

                      Not so elite: 149 points. SOOO freaking close. last target second to the last shot. I held in a bad word.

                      Elite: 80 points.





                      Comment

                      • surfNshoot
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 1444

                        Originally posted by Izzy43
                        Nice shooting, SurfNshoot. Competition is getting tight. Can I borrow that Mossy 44US? Just for a couple of months. I've tried the 25 yd target with irons and red dot on my Zastava Z5 and can't hit diddly and its not the rifle.
                        HAHAHA. I must say these mossbergs are little gems.

                        Comment

                        • usmcchet9296
                          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 1834

                          Originally posted by surfNshoot
                          Finally!!!!!!! I get a day with no wind. It was cold and misty but it was a great day anyway. I really got this TR figured out today. I must say I even shocked myself.

                          Both shot with my Savage TR. SK standard plus ammo. SWFA SS 16x scope

                          Not so elite: 149 points. SOOO freaking close. last target second to the last shot. I held in a bad word.

                          Elite: 80 points.





                          It looks like a .22 ballpoint pen to me ....... :lol
                          Honestly SnS Im not liking you
                          Your making it hard for me to catch up
                          John P. Hermesmeyer
                          U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                          Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                          sigpic
                          Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                          In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                          Comment

                          • surfNshoot
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 1444

                            Originally posted by usmcchet9296
                            It looks like a .22 ballpoint pen to me ....... :lol
                            Honestly SnS Im not liking you
                            Your making it hard for me to catch up
                            HAHA. Last I remeber, you had the .22 ballpoint. You didn't think I was going to make it easy on you did you? Get out there and beat it. Shouldn't be much wind today either.

                            Comment

                            • dwh100
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 955

                              Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu....Bump!
                              Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                              - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                              Comment

                              • dwh100
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2007
                                • 955

                                Pumpkin day comin' up soon!

                                Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu-Bu-Bump!!!!
                                Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                                - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1