Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • usmcchet9296
    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
    • Feb 2008
    • 1834

    Damn Surf-n-shoot I should have uploaded my shots from my phone
    Anyway here are mine
    These were shot from a CMP Mossberg M44 at 25 yards with Aguila match rifle 40Gr LRN

    IMG_0318 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr


    IMG_0322 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

    I shot my Savage @50 but it was crap. Im not sure what is going on with that rifle and till I can figure it out I'll just post my Mossy shots
    John P. Hermesmeyer
    U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
    Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
    sigpic
    Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
    In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

    Comment

    • Izzy43
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2670

      Originally posted by surfNshoot
      I'll go ahead and take my 120 on this one. my buddy usmcchet9296 shot perfect today too. I told him first to post wins. I WIN!!!

      Mossberg 44us .22lr
      Fiocchi standard velocity
      bag in front and back



      OK, you are banned from shooting these matches. Just kidding! Great shooting. I have tried this target twice and my 60+ year old nerves just are not up to it. I admire anyone who can shoot like this with iron sights.

      Comment

      • surfNshoot
        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
        • Mar 2008
        • 1444

        Originally posted by Izzy43
        OK, you are banned from shooting these matches. Just kidding! Great shooting. I have tried this target twice and my 60+ year old nerves just are not up to it. I admire anyone who can shoot like this with iron sights.
        Thank you. Now if only I can get my Savage to put it right where I'm aiming for the 50 yard. This Mossberg is the best $195 I've ever spent.

        Comment

        • Izzy43
          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
          • Dec 2009
          • 2670

          I have a Savage MKII BTVS and the only ammo that it will shoot accurately and reliably is Wolf Match Target, even better than Wolf Match Extra. The action screws were the key to getting my to shoot properly. Took me about 6 months to figure that out. One quarter turn past "snug". With the amount of money I spent on ammo to figure this out I could have bought two more rifles.

          Comment

          • pisarski
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 740

            shot at 9: am on 9/26/10 did ok not my best
            Last edited by pisarski; 09-26-2010, 2:46 PM. Reason: trying to put a pict in

            Comment

            • RipVanWinkle
              Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 266

              As usual nobody's in any danger from me! I've been itching to shoot this, but I've been hung up working on my car. First up is the Not Elite target at 50 yards, Zastava Z5, Simmons 22 mag. 3-9X x 32 mm. AO scope, Winchester 333 bulk ammo, Caldwell Rock Jr. front rest, gravel bag rear rest. I shot four of these targets with this ammo and scored 28 on all of them. I just couldn't run the target, always one flier or another. Anyway, this is representative of the rest. I think this target is more difficult than it appears because it lacks the crosshair aligning lines as found on the Elite target.



              I shot the Elite target with the same Winchester 333 ammo for 34 points. That middle one in the second row was a heartbreaker.



              I tried out some Aguila Hyper Velocity 30 gr. hollow points that I brought along, just to see how they would do in this situation. I only scored 23 on the Not Elite target, but I was pushing my shots because I had to leave pretty soon, and the two fliers were called fliers. Based on the sighting in that I did I think this ammo is more accurate than is reflected in this target and is worth investigating farther. They definitely go off with a whack, and at the nominal 1750 fps and 204 lb-ft muzzle energy would be a devastating small varmint round if they are accurate out to 100 yards or so.




              Comment

              • Izzy43
                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                • Dec 2009
                • 2670

                I think I have shot at least 12 of the non-elite targets and almost every &^%$ time I get a 28. Just can't seem to clean it. Tried with my Z5 and Savage MKII with Wolf MT and just get two that won't hit the white. Target is hexed.

                Comment

                • RipVanWinkle
                  Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 266

                  Originally posted by Izzy43
                  I think I have shot at least 12 of the non-elite targets and almost every &^%$ time I get a 28. Just can't seem to clean it. Tried with my Z5 and Savage MKII with Wolf MT and just get two that won't hit the white. Target is hexed.
                  Hah! I was going to post the one where I shot 14 white centers and put one shot outside the black. Every time I looked at it my blood would boil. I shredded it.

                  Comment

                  • pisarski
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 740

                    now thats funny

                    Comment

                    • dwh100
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 955

                      October Rimfire Match

                      Congratulations go out to all who participated in the September match, especially:

                      Elite 50 yd Target
                      ego 08 scored 42

                      Not So Elite Target
                      Abesh and Izzy43 both scored 28

                      25 yd Target
                      SurfNshoot and usmcchet9296 both scored perfect 120s

                      Great shootin'!!!!!!!!

                      __________________________________________________ _____________
                      October Match
                      Print all targets at 100%

                      Elite Target 50 Yds scoped

                      Sight in 3 shots
                      Shoot only 1 shot at each of 9 targets
                      Dot = 10pts
                      Circle = 8 pts
                      Box = 6 pts

                      Not So Elite Target 50 yds scoped

                      Shoot 5 shots at each of 3 targets
                      Black dot = 10 pts
                      Inner circle = 9 pts
                      Next = 8 pts
                      Next = 7 pts
                      Next = 6 pts

                      Irons/reddot target 25 yd

                      Shoot 3 shots at each of 4 targets
                      Central circle = 10 pts
                      Inner ring = 9 pts
                      Next = 8 pts
                      next = 7 pts

                      Choose a target/ Shoot/ Add up all scores/ PLEASE write and circle the total at top/ post your targets

                      Winners earn braggin' rights!
                      Enjoy, and good luck!
                      Last edited by dwh100; 09-30-2010, 6:53 PM.
                      Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                      - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                      Comment

                      • Izzy43
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 2670

                        October 4 Targets

                        Range was pretty wet today, medium drizzle but no wind. Shot 2 Non-Elite Targets and one Elite.

                        First non-elite target shot with Savage BTVS with Mueller APV scope and Wolf Match Target ammo, score 137.

                        Second non-elite target shot with Zastava Z5 with Mueller Tactical (8.8-25x44) scope and Federal Automatch ammo, score 135.

                        The Elite target was shot with the Z5 and Federal Automatch, same scope as before, score 66.

                        While the Savage outshot the Z5 I wanted to post both targets as a comparison for these two rifles. I think the Z5 may eventually outshoot the Savage.

                        Room for improvement on all targets.
                        Last edited by Izzy43; 03-30-2011, 8:54 AM.

                        Comment

                        • usmcchet9296
                          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 1834

                          Well here is my first batch
                          today was a great day to shoot
                          it was light drizzel with no wind what so ever
                          Ever since a got my Savage TR I have had an issue with the first cold bore shot.
                          It was always a flyer anywhere from an inch to 4 inches
                          after researching it online the most common fix is a good cleaning
                          apparently lead builds up at the front of the barrel and when cold the first round is affected
                          Now I clean my guns but not inspection clean and generally I have learned that semi-dirty 22's actually shoot better so this rifle is not me friendly
                          Anyway here are my shots
                          Elite target
                          10-4-2010 (4) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
                          Not so Elite
                          10-4-2010 (2) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

                          10-4-2010 (6) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

                          Last up is my 25 yard iron sights
                          Mossberg and yes the one round did break the black
                          10-4-2010 (5) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
                          last is my Henry Frontier with Taurus Tang sights
                          wasnt really trying to compete with this but for a plinker its not bad
                          10-4-2010 (3) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
                          John P. Hermesmeyer
                          U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                          Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                          sigpic
                          Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                          In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                          Comment

                          • usmcchet9296
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 1834

                            Its looks like my not-so-elite is wrong
                            It should have been 5 shots
                            Oh well there is always next time
                            John P. Hermesmeyer
                            U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                            Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                            sigpic
                            Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                            In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                            Comment

                            • Izzy43
                              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 2670

                              Shot again today, looking for that clean Non-Elite target. Didn't quite get there but improving. Shot with the Savage, APV Scope and Wolf MT. Score 144. Rifle is shooting extremely well. Shot the Zastava as well but fell a little short, score of 143 or 142. One shot hard to score. Only posting the highest score.
                              Last edited by Izzy43; 03-30-2011, 8:54 AM.

                              Comment

                              • usmcchet9296
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 1834

                                Looks good Izzy. How did that first shot flyer issue do?
                                John P. Hermesmeyer
                                U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                                Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                                sigpic
                                Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                                In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1