Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Izzy43
    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
    • Dec 2009
    • 2670

    More congrats to ego 08! Very nice shootin!!!!

    Comment

    • surfNshoot
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Mar 2008
      • 1444

      What?? no 25 yard winner??

      Comment

      • rojocorsa
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2008
        • 9139

        Now that I'll buy a .22---I'd like to try one of these for fun; I'm only a novice.



        From what position is one supposed to shoot?
        sigpic
        7-6-2 FTMFW!

        "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

        Comment

        • Izzy43
          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
          • Dec 2009
          • 2670

          Originally posted by rojocorsa
          Now that I'll buy a .22---I'd like to try one of these for fun; I'm only a novice.



          From what position is one supposed to shoot?
          Don't think there is a required position. I shoot from a bench with a front and rear bag. Just gotta be a rimfire weapon, scope for 50yds, iron sights or red dot for 25yds.

          Comment

          • rojocorsa
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2008
            • 9139

            So it's pretty open-ended, huh....
            sigpic
            7-6-2 FTMFW!

            "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

            Comment

            • dwh100
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2007
              • 955

              Originally posted by surfNshoot
              What?? no 25 yard winner??
              surfNshoot,
              When I post one target, I, usually, look for top score and post that score. Your score of 72 from 25 yds with peeps was very outstanding! However, with all due respect, I post these matches for fun, and try to keep it simple. Without making a bunch of excuses, when I post one target, I (usually) won't be going through each post at the end of the month to find out the distance each target was shot! I hope you understand! September, I will post a winner for each of the 3 targets!
              Cheers!
              Last edited by dwh100; 08-31-2010, 7:19 PM.
              Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
              - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

              Comment

              • dwh100
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2007
                • 955

                Originally posted by rojocorsa
                From what position is one supposed to shoot?
                It seems like everytime I make a position requirement for the match, somebody inevitably gets bent a bit out of shape, and participation suffers, so I ,usually, just leave it up to the shooter. Your participation would be appreciated!
                Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                Comment

                • surfNshoot
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 1444

                  Originally posted by dwh100
                  surfNshoot,
                  When I post one target, I, usually, look for top score and post that score. Your score of 72 from 25 yds with peeps was very outstanding! However, with all due respect, I post these matches for fun, and try to keep it simple. Without making a bunch of excuses, when I post one target, I (usually) won't be going through each post at the end of the month to find out the distance each target was shot! I hope you understand! September, I will post a winner for each of the 3 targets!
                  Cheers!

                  Comment

                  • rojocorsa
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 9139

                    Originally posted by dwh100
                    It seems like everytime I make a position requirement for the match, somebody inevitably gets bent a bit out of shape, and participation suffers, so I ,usually, just leave it up to the shooter. Your participation would be appreciated!


                    No problem. I'll admit that I'd be novice, but I would definitely try this for fun. I'll be shooting with a CZ-452 Trainer (once I get it, that is) but the only problem is that my range's closest berm is at 50yds---and I will be shooting with the CZs awesome irons. Should I just ignore that and try to have fun with it and improve my skill?
                    sigpic
                    7-6-2 FTMFW!

                    "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

                    Comment

                    • Izzy43
                      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 2670

                      Shoot both 50 yd targets today. There was about a 5-10mph crosswind at the range but pretty easy to compensate as it was fairly steady. Shot both targets with a Marlin 925M, .22wmr with a BSA Platinum 8-32x42mm Target dot scope. Learned a little about the rifle. As the barrel heated up the POI lowered about 1/2" or so but then stayed steady. Next time I'll heat it up before I begin shooting the targets. Might improve. Those 22 Mags heat up the barrel quite a bit.

                      The non-Elite target score was 52 and the Elite was 23. The Elite target is a good challange for me.
                      Last edited by Izzy43; 10-05-2010, 1:58 PM.

                      Comment

                      • regalado1
                        Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 357

                        Can't wait to pick up my new .22 so I can participate in this. Should start the paperwork this Friday...I hope it's in by then. Sounds like fun.

                        Comment

                        • dwh100
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 955

                          Originally posted by Izzy43
                          Shoot both 50 yd targets today. There was about a 5-10mph crosswind at the range but pretty easy to compensate as it was fairly steady. Shot both targets with a Marlin 925M, .22wmr with a BSA Platinum 8-32x42mm Target dot scope. Learned a little about the rifle. As the barrel heated up the POI lowered about 1/2" or so but then stayed steady. Next time I'll heat it up before I begin shooting the targets. Might improve. Those 22 Mags heat up the barrel quite a bit.

                          The non-Elite target score was 52 and the Elite was 23. The Elite target is a good challange for me.
                          Izzy,
                          Remember just one shot per target (15 shots) on the 50 yrd targets!
                          Max score on Not so Elite target is 30 pts!
                          Max score on Elite target is 45 pts!
                          My CZ will change POI when warmed up too! I like to shoot a mag or 2 before hitting a target!
                          Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                          - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                          Comment

                          • Izzy43
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 2670

                            Geez! can I read or what. To think I read the post on the targets three times and still screwed it up. Gonna shoot a lot more of the targets anyway. Thanks for putting me straight. I may have to hire a nanny to keep me in line.

                            Comment

                            • RipVanWinkle
                              Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 266

                              Originally posted by Izzy43
                              Geez! can I read or what. To think I read the post on the targets three times and still screwed it up. Gonna shoot a lot more of the targets anyway. Thanks for putting me straight. I may have to hire a nanny to keep me in line.
                              Hah, so I'm not the only one who falls prey to the #of shots switcheroo! Fortunately we have modern statistics to get a post hoc estimate of your true score. The mean score: 52/2 = 26 out of 30 points. The median score: Best possible case = 29 points, worst possible case case = 23 points, median (score above or below which 50% of the possible cases fall) = 26 points. Most likely true score = 26 points.

                              Comment

                              • Izzy43
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 2670

                                Originally posted by RipVanWinkle
                                Hah, so I'm not the only one who falls prey to the #of shots switcheroo! Fortunately we have modern statistics to get a post hoc estimate of your true score. The mean score: 52/2 = 26 out of 30 points. The median score: Best possible case = 29 points, worst possible case case = 23 points, median (score above or below which 50% of the possible cases fall) = 26 points. Most likely true score = 26 points.
                                So if I get this right I think the true formula is:

                                Most likely true score = 26 x [two shots taken when only one is allowed]= Target is voided.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1