Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ego 08
    Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 100

    Sept Target Elite







    Went out this morning @ 6:30am, perfect conditions, cool and No wind. Shot one target with the Fusion, the other with my Annie 64 Bolt rifle. There wasnt any talk about the 5 shot group but thought i would shoot it.

    Comment

    • abesh
      Junior Member
      • May 2008
      • 77

      Good job ego 08.
      Izzy, don't feel too bad; I did something similar a few months back and realized it after I came home and started to score my targets. Now I double check the number of shots listed in the first post right before I leave the house, and I am sure you will do the same.

      I went to the range yesterday with 2 each of the 50 yard targets, 4 of the 25 yard target, and my Brno model 3 and 4.
      After shooting scope for a while, shooting iron sights was fun. I could not help but think how much movement there probably is, even though it appears that my sights are steady.
      I shot 3 of the bull targets at 25 yards. Here is the best one



      By the way, did I score that right???

      Here are the other 2



      I decided to try a target at 50 yards too. I changed the elevation only, and you can see how the wind blew it a bit to the right. My range has a opening in the side berm between 25 and 50 yards and the wind does weird things due to this.


      This bull was big enough to where it was sometimes hard to focus on the front sight (both being almost the same shade of black), so I put a tiny whit dot on the front sight post. I cannot wait to go try it out and see if it makes a difference.

      Oh and here is my best of the 50 yard targets.



      Comment

      • abesh
        Junior Member
        • May 2008
        • 77

        That is great that your range lets you shoot so early ego 08. My range does not allow shooting before 9 am.
        And that Fusion is amazingly accurate especially for a semi auto; well worth whatever you paid for it.

        Comment

        • mif_slim
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Apr 2008
          • 10089

          Originally posted by abesh


          Oh and here is my best of the 50 yard targets.

          Your second row top target, its a 3. You broke the line.
          Originally posted by Gottmituns
          It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

          Comment

          • abesh
            Junior Member
            • May 2008
            • 77

            Thanks mif, I had a hard time calling that. The tear goes into the black, but the black outline of the bullet does not. I figured since I made a close call on the other target, I would stay on the safe side with this one.
            But I have 2 weeks before school starts, so I hope to definitely improve my score – who knows, maybe even have a perfect score

            Comment

            • abesh
              Junior Member
              • May 2008
              • 77

              Double post for some reason.
              Last edited by abesh; 09-03-2010, 10:01 AM.

              Comment

              • ego 08
                Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 100

                Originally posted by abesh
                That is great that your range lets you shoot so early ego 08. My range does not allow shooting before 9 am.
                And that Fusion is amazingly accurate especially for a semi auto; well worth whatever you paid for it.
                I have a Spot 5 minutes from the house in the High desert here, plus i have a Key to the Range but it's 20 min.

                Comment

                • xibunkrlilkidsx
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 5419

                  may have my 1st entry after this weekend. just depends ont he weather.
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                  PSN Id: FNChester
                  Certified Welder-ANSI/AWS D1.2 1F/G, 2F/G, 3 F/G up to 1/2 plate aluminium GTAW. &
                  D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
                  I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.

                  Comment

                  • dwh100
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 955

                    TTT
                    Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                    - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                    Comment

                    • yelohamr
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 1402

                      Got a new 1:9 barrel for my 30 year old 10-22. Went to an indoor range to zero my Leaper red/green dot.
                      Only took one of these targets with me. So this is my score of 107.
                      Zeroed again after this.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment

                      • Izzy43
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 2670

                        Shot the non-elite target today at the range. No wind, low 80s. Nice day for shooting. Shot the NEW Zastava Z5 22lr with Mueller 8.5-25x44 Tactical scope using Federal Automatch ammo. Rifle performed great after some trigger and magazine work. Bolt still a little stiff but getting better the more I shoot it. Score was 27, should have been a clean target but I pulled three shots. Will try again to clean this target. Afterwards I shot some Aguila Match Target (Blue/Gold Box) and the rifle really likes it but I didn't have enough to shoot another target, next time will try this ammo.
                        Last edited by Izzy43; 10-05-2010, 1:58 PM.

                        Comment

                        • kgcabs
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 1156

                          Brno model 4. Remington Target. 25 yards. 10 shots. Peeps.

                          116



                          A target I could see!

                          Thanks, Karl

                          Comment

                          • Izzy43
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 2670

                            Yikes, great shooting kgcabs. You have set the bar high.

                            Comment

                            • surfNshoot
                              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 1445

                              I'll go ahead and take my 120 on this one. my buddy usmcchet9296 shot perfect today too. I told him first to post wins. I WIN!!!

                              Mossberg 44us .22lr
                              Fiocchi standard velocity
                              bag in front and back



                              Last edited by surfNshoot; 09-19-2010, 8:37 PM.

                              Comment

                              • kgcabs
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 1156

                                Originally posted by surfNshoot
                                I'll go ahead and take my 120 on this one. my buddy usmcchet9296 shot perfect today too. I told him first to post wins. I WIN!!!

                                Mossberg 44us .22lr
                                Fiocchi standard velocity
                                bag in front and back



                                Nice!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1