Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dwh100
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 955

    May Rimfire Match

    Congratulations to April's Match winner Ego08 for his perfect score of 120pts, and let's not forget to tip our hats to TCWriter for his score of 115pts and his scoring honor!
    There were some great targets using irons too! Great shooting by all....Thanx for participating! April's match has been the most successful to date. Let's keep it up as the days get warmer and longer!

    This months targets:
    print at 100%

    Target A


    -Target A shoot from 100yds with scope
    or from 35 yards irons/red dots


    Scoring for Target A
    -Shoot 5 shots
    touch red center for 5pts
    touch black ring for 3pts
    touch inner white ring for 2pts
    touch outer white ring for 1pt
    top score=25
    _____________________________________

    Target B


    -Target B shoot from 50 yards with scope,
    or from 25 yards with irons/red dots


    Scoring for Target B
    -Shoot 3 shots at each of the 5 targets
    touch red center for 5pts
    touch black ring for 3pts
    touch inner white ring for 2pts
    touch outer white ring for 1pt
    top score=75pts

    *I will post winners for both targets A and B

    Post your targets, sight used, distance, firearm, and any other pertinent information just for bragging rights!

    Good Luck and have some good ol' rimfire fun this May!
    Last edited by dwh100; 04-30-2010, 7:56 PM.
    Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
    - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

    Comment

    • Izzy43
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2670

      Good Targets. I like the red bullseye, easier for these old eyes.

      PS: My shooting sucked in April so didn't post the targets.

      Comment

      • 45ACPete
        Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 166

        I guess I missed something--is this match supposed to be for sporting/hunting guns or is anything permissible? Where do I send the targets?

        Comment

        • Scratch705
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2009
          • 12537

          any .22lr rifle.

          you can scan the targets, or take a picture of it and post it up here.
          Originally posted by leelaw
          Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
          Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
          Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
          Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
          Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

          Comment

          • dwh100
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 955

            Originally posted by 45ACPete
            I guess I missed something--is this match supposed to be for sporting/hunting guns or is anything permissible? Where do I send the targets?
            Break out your rimfire, load it up and shoot these targets from any position following the outlined criteria. Add it up. Take a pic of your target/s, post it in this thread, and including pertinent info!

            Just for fun and bragging rights.

            Enjoy!

            See April Rimfire Match lower down in this forum for an example.
            Last edited by dwh100; 04-30-2010, 8:01 PM.
            Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
            - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

            Comment

            • RipVanWinkle
              Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 266

              Last minute April post: Z5

              Hi, I’m pretty new to Calguns, and since I just got a Zastava Z 5 .22 lr. I thought it would be fun to break it in on this April target challenge. My wife and I put about 75 rounds through it sighting it in and playing around with it. We tried some Fiocchi ammo, which didn’t seem to group very well, then switched to some 30 year-old Remington “Mohawk” .22 lr. (obsolete) which grouped a lot better. We wound up shooting up all the “Mohawk”, so I switched to Winchester 333 bulk can ammo for the April target challenge. The scope is a Simmons .22 Mag 3x9x 32 mm. with adjustable objective. Trigger pull on this gun is gritty and ferocious, so I think some trigger work is in order to get better accuracy, once I finish experimenting with different ammo. Both targets were shot at 50 yards in moderate but variable winds, 58 degrees, between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM under partly cloudy conditions.

              The z 5:


              The first target had most of the shots to the left of center. I counted a score of only 65, but looking at it now I think I may have cheated myself.



              I moved the windage two clicks to the right for the second target. 75, better, but still not very good. I'll try the May targets with some different ammo. This is fun!!



              Hmmmm... don't know why the pics came out so small. Next month...
              Last edited by RipVanWinkle; 04-30-2010, 9:57 PM.

              Comment

              • RimfireJim
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 49

                can we pick best 10 out of 12? :-)

                Entering this on May 1, but I shot it on April 30 just before sunset. How's that for a last minute entry?!
                Was doing great until I got to shots # 10 & 11. Interestingly, those two cartridges were from another box, but out of the same brick and with the same lot number on the box flap, so I think it is just pure coincidence.

                Last edited by RimfireJim; 05-01-2010, 9:56 AM.

                Comment

                • Izzy43
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 2670

                  Originally posted by Scratch705
                  any .22lr rifle.

                  you can scan the targets, or take a picture of it and post it up here.
                  Only 22lr? No 17HM2 or 17 HMR or 22Mag or 5MM Mag allowed? Just looking for clarification.

                  Comment

                  • Scratch705
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2009
                    • 12537

                    probably should have been more general. as dwh100 said any rimfire rifle.
                    Originally posted by leelaw
                    Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                    Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                    Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                    Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                    Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                    Comment

                    • Timberwolf
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 6275

                      LOL we just used Target B in our 22LR match today except they shot it from kneeling at 50 yards.
                      I'm only smiling at you while you talk to me because it's hilarious that you really think I give a crap about you.

                      As I've gotten older I thought I was gaining patience, then I realized I simply don't give a crap.

                      Comment

                      • surfNshoot
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 1444

                        I took the iron sight and red dot guns out today to see what I could do. As soon as my new scope rings get here I will break out the Savage TR and see what i can do at 50 and 100.

                        First was my Mossberg 44US at 25yds. I'm fairly happy with the score.

                        Second was my Sig 522 at 25yds. I was pretty shocked how accurate this thing is. Check out that center target. Yess that is 3 shots.


                        Mossberg 44US iron sights






                        This Sig 522 with Eotech



                        Last edited by surfNshoot; 05-02-2010, 9:46 PM.

                        Comment

                        • usmcchet9296
                          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 1834

                          Nice shootin Tex
                          John P. Hermesmeyer
                          U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                          Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                          sigpic
                          Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                          In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                          Comment

                          • Izzy43
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 2670

                            First May Target

                            Shot the first target today. Savage MKII BTVS, scope was a Mueller 8.5-25x44 AO Mildot reticle (set on 16X) @ 50yds. Ammo was Federal Lighting 510B, 40 Grain Roundnose High Velocity. Light wind at 5-10MPH from 7 O'clock. Bright sunlight, temp was 68 degrees. Total score was 46. Scope is new so I'm still getting used to it but I feel like I'm shooting better than April. Not so much the scope but improving technique with practice. Gonna shoot a couple of times each week to hopefully improve. Getting my Marlin 60 back together this week so will use that with a red dot @ 25yds. Love these matches.
                            Last edited by Izzy43; 10-05-2010, 1:58 PM.

                            Comment

                            • dwh100
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 955

                              Seis de Mayo bump!
                              Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                              - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                              Comment

                              • usmcchet9296
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 1834

                                Took my Savage TR and Mossberg out to zero them before I go shooting with my friend this weekend and this is how I did
                                Savage TR at 100 yards 5 shots each target

                                It was a little windy but there are 2 real good groups there
                                Next up is my Mossberg M44 at 25 yards 5 shots

                                yes the group to the right is 5 shots
                                Im still figuring out how that happened but I anit complaining
                                John P. Hermesmeyer
                                U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                                Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                                sigpic
                                Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                                In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1