Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

VP9 Hype

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ParadigmShift
    Member
    • May 2013
    • 183

    Originally posted by stormvet
    This may be true, and as far as plastic sights go is absolutely true. But as far as civilians are concerned a gun lasting 100,000 rounds to one that last 50,000 rounds without a parts breakage means very little.

    Really? I ask this in all seriousness.

    Since you are a veteran and you know first hand what it's like to be in a gun fight , do you not? How is that any different from a common civilian who wants to protect him/herself when their life is in danger in lets say a home invasion?

    Would you not want a firearm that's going to the more durable and dependable and going to go BANG when your life depends on it, instead of say this happening....

    I've been looking at the PPQ for awhile now and last week I broke down and bought the 9mm version. Unfortunately the following displays what happened when I pulled the Take Down Catch and pulled the Slide forward for removal for its first cleaning. :mad: Damn thing fired out at me.. still...


    Endurance tests like that do give an indication of what the firearm is capable of, why do you think the military conducts similar tests if it didn't?

    Originally posted by stormvet
    What's the point of this whole thread, latest and greatest.
    The way I read the OP: OP really has a PPQ. The VP9 came out. He went to see it, handle it, and dry fired it a couple times. Jealousy ensues, this thread was created.

    Originally posted by stormvet
    I know Glocks will run without a guide rod, but the design of the PPQ rod would not. So yes the guide rod on the PPQ could be seen as a weak point on the firearm .
    Again it begs the question, would you want to run your Glock or PPQ without a guide rod, if your life depended on it?
    Last edited by ParadigmShift; 08-15-2014, 6:03 PM.
    __________________
    WTB: HK P7M13 | Please PM
    "I'm your huckleberry"

    Comment

    • static2126
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2013
      • 5619

      Originally posted by SVTNate
      You've never shot a Mk. 23 SOCOM, have you?
      I need to do this sometime =(

      Comment

      • static2126
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2013
        • 5619

        Originally posted by ParadigmShift
        Really? I ask this in all seriousness.

        Since you are a veteran and you know first hand what it's like to be in a gun fight , do you not? How is that any different from a common civilian who wants to protect him/herself when their life is in danger in lets say a home invasion?

        Would you not want a firearm that's going to the more durable and dependable and going to go BANG when your life depends on it, instead of say this happening....

        I've been looking at the PPQ for awhile now and last week I broke down and bought the 9mm version. Unfortunately the following displays what happened when I pulled the Take Down Catch and pulled the Slide forward for removal for its first cleaning. :mad: Damn thing fired out at me.. still...


        Endurance tests like that do give an indication of what the firearm is capable of, why do you think the military conducts similar tests if it didn't?



        The way I read the OP: OP really has a PPQ. The VP9 came out. He went to see it, handle it, and dry fired it a couple times. Jealousy ensues, this thread was created.



        Again it begs the question, would you want to run your Glock or PPQ without a guide rod, if your life depended on it?
        Wonder if this was an early ppq issue mine have all been grear (sample of 4)

        Comment

        • stormvet
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Mar 2010
          • 12681

          Originally posted by ParadigmShift
          Really? I ask this in all seriousness.

          Since you are a veteran and you know first hand what it's like to be in a gun fight , do you not? How is that any different from a common civilian who wants to protect him/herself when their life is in danger in lets say a home invasion?

          Would you not want a firearm that's going to the more durable and dependable and going to go BANG when your life depends on it, instead of say this happening....

          I've been looking at the PPQ for awhile now and last week I broke down and bought the 9mm version. Unfortunately the following displays what happened when I pulled the Take Down Catch and pulled the Slide forward for removal for its first cleaning. :mad: Damn thing fired out at me.. still...


          Endurance tests like that do give an indication of what the firearm is capable of, why do you think the military conducts similar tests if it didn't?



          The way I read the OP: OP really has a PPQ. The VP9 came out. He went to see it, handle it, and dry fired it a couple times. Jealousy ensues, this thread was created.



          Again it begs the question, would you want to run your Glock or PPQ without a guide rod, if your life depended on it?
          Yes I am a veteran and still use a handgun and rifle as tools in my civilian job. A firefight in the military often involves lots of surpresing fire, you are putting as many rounds as possible on your target or the general area of where you believe your target is. These weapons suffer abuse that as a civilian our weapons will never see.
          I've been shooting along time, never broke a guide rod, metal or plastic. I shoot north of 10,000 handgun rounds a year. I have full confidence in what I use, any gun can brake, but the chance of my guide rod braking during a self defense or home invasion even if for some crazy reason I have to unload 45 rounds( three mags)has about the same likely hood of me winning the lottery and I don't buy tickets.
          Torture test are cool, but a sample of one is very misleading. Now when the Army or a large LE agency conduct test, they use multiple examples of each gun, this is a far better method of testing then the random example of two that is done by civilian testers.
          Last edited by stormvet; 08-15-2014, 6:53 PM.
          Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

          Comment

          • missiontrails
            Calguns Addict
            • Nov 2008
            • 7879

            Originally posted by phase1
            sorry, no polymer handgun is worth +$800 OTD
            Oh ya? Lol

            Comment

            • phase1
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2013
              • 1753

              Originally posted by static2126
              Bay area guys (especially south bay area) I timed my dros wrong and may be willing to part with a vp9. Pm me please
              First example of when you have a vp9 in person you realize you over paid for a polymer gun.
              Originally posted by Intimid8tor
              I don't need one but I might need one.

              Comment

              • Ronin2
                Banned
                • Jan 2011
                • 5563

                Originally posted by phase1
                First example of when you have a vp9 in person you realize you over paid for a polymer gun.
                Sounds to like he's trying to run a covert auction....make him a galactically stupid offer he can refuse...
                Last edited by Ronin2; 08-15-2014, 7:31 PM.

                Comment

                • SVTNate
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 1418

                  Originally posted by static2126
                  I need to do this sometime =(
                  $2,000 plus tax SSE and DROS. Then of course you don't want to turn down the original barrel's threads, so you spend $400 at HK Parts for a factory threaded Mk. 23 barrel, and then pay someone to turn down the threads on a lathe, and don't forget an OEM thread protector for the original barrel so you can store it safely and protect the threads.

                  Worth it. I have lots of $4,000 1911's, but none of them put a smile on my face quite like the ridiculously huge Mk. 23.

                  Of course I also find cheaper polymer guns, like the P30 or HK45, worth it over a comparable Glock.

                  Over the course of ownership, who really cares about a few hundred bucks? Buy what fits your hand and what you shoot well. Whether it's a Glock, or a Walther, or a Sig or HK, IMO any of that bunch boils down to personal preference.

                  Talking about fit/finish on sub-$1,000 service pistols is a bit silly IMO when you look at guns like the Sig P210 or a high end 1911.

                  Comment

                  • tbc
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 5955

                    LOL. I don't need outside opinions to purchase an HK. I just purchase it because it is an HK.

                    Comment

                    • brooTool
                      Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 311

                      Originally posted by 2761377
                      HaHa- all these polymer/striker guns that came after Glock have one huge upside- they allow haters to say "Glocks suck" and still be able to run the system.
                      LOL your an idiot! I think he is just trolling but I CAN'T TELL! Hk made the first Polymer/striker fired pistol.

                      Comment

                      • jb octane
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 856

                        Originally posted by static2126
                        Wonder if this was an early ppq issue mine have all been grear (sample of 4)
                        It's virtually the same guide rod that has been in use for many years on P99, this is just a case of someone being unlucky from a bad plastic. If you have a plastic part that was manufactured incorrectly for whatever reason you will find out very soon after trying it. If it doesn't happen immediately you really have next to nothing to worry about.

                        Comment

                        • Justintoxicated
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 3836

                          Originally posted by phase1
                          sorry, no polymer handgun is worth +$800 OTD
                          lol... ok You get what you pay for.

                          Just got back from shooting my VP9, and my Dad's M&P9. Even my Dad who is a new shooter liked and shot the VP9 better, triggers better, better magazines better sights, easier take down etc. Then I picked up my HK USP Expert, which is well over $800. That thing always shoots so well it puts a smile on my face. Nothing wrong with polymer, not everyone wants to lug around a heavy metal frame gun all the time.

                          My VP9 has been running flawless, well except for some of my reloaded flat points, but as soon as I hit the reloades with .2 more grains of HP38 it ran flawless again. Just didn't like the suggested starting load..

                          I don't have a PPQ but it should be another spectacular polymer.

                          I guess I see what your saying about looking at a VP9, maybe it looks not worth it, but when you set it up for proper ergonomics, find how easy it is to operate, take down etc, then you know why you paid so much for the engineering.
                          Last edited by Justintoxicated; 08-15-2014, 8:30 PM.

                          Comment

                          • TacticalChihuahua
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 971

                            Originally posted by ParadigmShift
                            The way I read the OP: OP really has a PPQ. The VP9 came out. He went to see it, handle it, and dry fired it a couple times. Jealousy ensues, this thread was created.



                            Again it begs the question, would you want to run your Glock or PPQ without a guide rod, if your life depended on it?
                            Yeah, just wanted to come on here to make myself feel better about my secret walther purchase that I'm lying about. What a kook haha
                            Last edited by TacticalChihuahua; 08-16-2014, 12:01 AM.
                            ____________________

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • penguinofsleep
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2012
                              • 2070

                              moved from vp9 in-stock thread:

                              what does everyone think of the VP9 in terms of pointability? i know it varies person to person but i've noticed that guns considered generally pointable such as a 1911 and CZ do tend to be more pointable for more people.

                              shot the ppq again recently. still great in all but 2 aspects, and 1 of those is how it lacks pointability to some degree (in my hands at least). since i probably can't afford or even find german sig p226 x5 L1 before the end of the year (nor will i really have a niche/purpose for it other than picking up a $2k paperweight and going "NICE"), i may just go with another ppq or a vp9.

                              Comment

                              • 70 blazer
                                Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • 420

                                my d**ks bigger than yours

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1