Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Firearms on Facebook?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    counterpoke
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 15

    I don't, but that's because I don't like giving away information about me for free.

    ... everyone who reads this owes me 2 cents :P

    Comment

    • #47
      bigbob76
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 3954

      I don't know where anybody else lives but where I live I suspect there are very few homes without firearms. Letting somebody know you you have a firearm in your house is like letting somebody know you have a lawnmower. It's not like criminals are lacking targets. I'm thinking most burglaries and home invasions are done because the criminal has inside information.
      If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

      Comment

      • #48
        magic32
        Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 123

        Originally posted by 707electrician
        There is no option for "Facebook sucks"
        ^ +1
        *be nice to the man with the gun, you'd be crazy not to*

        Comment

        • #49
          drunktank
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2008
          • 5461

          I have firrarms in some of my photos and we'll talk about range trips, gear etc. Now and them. I only have friends i actually talk to on my list and they all shoot or know i shoot. My privacy settings are set at pretty much the highest so the normal Joe couldnt see my profile and pics regardless, not that it would matter to me anyhow.

          In my field most guys are into firearms/outdoors anyway so finding out i like guns wont sway me into/out of getting a job (assuming a possible employer could even access my profile)

          WTB used AK MFER.

          Comment

          • #50
            Turbinator
            Administrator
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2005
            • 11972

            Originally posted by trashman
            Employers routinely troll social networking sites for information on prospective employees. And the information they're looking for doesn't ever result in "hey let's hire this guy NOW".

            It usually results in "oh hey, it looks like he's [...insert activity....] ...let's pass".
            Just a comment - I employ people, and beyond looking at their resume, LinkedIn profile, and a few references, I don't bother to troll social networking sites to look at what they do outside of work. Our company blocks social networking sites, so I couldn't look even if I wanted to, and I have better things to do at home than to look up random peoples' names on resumes I reviewed earlier in the day.

            Turby

            Comment

            • #51
              Turbinator
              Administrator
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 11972

              Originally posted by bigbob76
              I don't know where anybody else lives but where I live I suspect there are very few homes without firearms. Letting somebody know you you have a firearm in your house is like letting somebody know you have a lawnmower. It's not like criminals are lacking targets. I'm thinking most burglaries and home invasions are done because the criminal has inside information.
              I don't know, I can think of quite a few households in my circle of friends that are firearm-free. But they have big screen TV's... easy targets

              Turby

              Comment

              • #52
                guns4life
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2010
                • 4916

                Just keep your profile private and strangers can't see what you have. If you're worried about people on your friends list then you have bigger problems...
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #53
                  Massappeal
                  Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 254

                  Who cares if its on facebook, unless its something illegal.
                  I mean theirs always the weirdos who think the Gov. is watching/out to get them because they own a rifle and a pistol If that's the case go live in the mountains of Montana away from electronics UNAbomber style
                  Set your privacy settings for friends only and so be it.
                  2008 Evo X-404WHP
                  05 Yamaha R6
                  Guns
                  Clothes
                  Those are my material loves!

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Sajedene
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 1889

                    Originally posted by Turbinator
                    Just a comment - I employ people, and beyond looking at their resume, LinkedIn profile, and a few references, I don't bother to troll social networking sites to look at what they do outside of work. Our company blocks social networking sites, so I couldn't look even if I wanted to, and I have better things to do at home than to look up random peoples' names on resumes I reviewed earlier in the day.

                    Turby
                    Same for my workplace. And I work in the belly of the beast (West Hollywood) for the corporate side of the entertainment industry.

                    Random Thoughts of a Cereal Kind.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      fullspeed1
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 1908

                      It's your guaranteed 2A right as an American. Who F'n cares what other people think. If your worried about what people think, Then don't participate in social networking sites.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        85FourEyedGT
                        Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 453

                        i never post pics and say "this is my gun" I have my own "range" album of me shooting at the range, people usually assume that their rented or ask me if i can take them when they see the pics

                        also , my profile is private, only my friends can see it , my family doesnt mind my guns and my gf thinks i look handsome when i shoot them so its not really a problem
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          tacticalcity
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 10929

                          I have a facebook page for my company, Tactical City. So posting pictures is a must.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            johnny_22
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 2180

                            Because of BWO, I warned my nieces not to post pictures of themselves shooting at the range. They compromised and post pictures of their awards and shot targets.
                            Please, join the NRA.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              powderedtoastman
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 1152

                              I'm lame. I don't have facebook/myspace/twitter/any of that crap! My friends have my phone number, they can call me. But if I did, I wouldn't post pics of me with my guns.
                              I fly everywhere backwards.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_dyOxAfEzI

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                AlexDD
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2007
                                • 906

                                I don't post pics of personal firearms but do make sure that I "like" certain facebook pages like Calguns Foundation to show support.

                                Last edited by AlexDD; 12-21-2010, 1:21 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1