Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Firearms on Facebook?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    jaq
    Banned
    • Feb 2009
    • 470

    Originally posted by knucklehead0202
    isn't facebook for high-school kids?
    You mean like the USAF? http://www.facebook.com/#!/USairforce

    Comment

    • #77
      doubledgarage
      Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 442

      A handful of girls want me to take them shooting so it's a good idea for a date.

      Comment

      • #78
        nickyrr
        Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 443

        Originally posted by jaq
        That was myspace.... Facebook was supposed to be the college thing.. I hated myspace never had an account.

        Comment

        • #79
          Javi
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 4540

          My current profile picture is me shooting at the range and I have one other one when I first got my rifle(my avatar). I don't mind my friends knowing I own one, my co-workers and general manager know I own it(she owns a .45 so no biggie).No problems here. I also have privacy settings that only my friends can check out my pictures so no one can browse.
          Originally posted by d4v0s
          My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
          R.I.P. Thomas C.

          Comment

          • #80
            nickyrr
            Member
            • Aug 2010
            • 443

            Originally posted by doubledgarage
            A handful of girls want me to take them shooting so it's a good idea for a date.
            I'm sure they'd want a ride with your RSX too.

            Comment

            • #81
              doubledgarage
              Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 442

              Originally posted by nickyrr
              I'm sure they'd want a ride with your RSX too.
              Now that I'm getting a bit older, not so much anymore.

              Just the younger girls, which I guess isn't a bad thing.

              Comment

              • #82
                jaq
                Banned
                • Feb 2009
                • 470

                Originally posted by nickyrr
                That was myspace.... Facebook was supposed to be the college thing.. I hated myspace never had an account.
                Hello? Did that just go sliding right on by ya?

                The point is; no, Facebook isn't just for High School kids. The DoD is making extensive use of Facebook as are most corporations, organizations, and people who live in the present and are technologically proficient.

                Comment

                • #83
                  sindominator
                  Member
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 425

                  I usually don't post my entire collection. Just a couple of me in the Range or when I am out hunting.

                  If there is a picture of my ARs or AKs I usually post a little disclaimer like "California Legal AK, AR" followed by this links:




                  Comment

                  • #84
                    BamBam-31
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 5318

                    I generally hate FB and only use it because my friends post pics of our shoots there. Unless I go around untagging myself from every damn picture, there are at least a few dozen pictures of me on there w/ firearms. Like others have stated, many of my friends and family are rabidly anti-gun and will view it in a negative light. Such is "privacy" in the era of Facebook.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      bsg
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 25954

                      i don't participate in the social network sites such as Facebook or Myspace.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        luckygunner
                        Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 385

                        FB

                        I don't show my firearms on social media. I'm not too worried about getting a reaction from anti 2nd admendment as I would take it as a chance to educate them on gun rights. I don't put any item of consequence for the simple reason taht I don't wnat to advertise what I own.

                        A theif could track you and then know what is worth stealing. That's one of the reasons why I only update after I've come back from an event. I wouldn't want to seem like I was bragging to my other friends that are into firearms.
                        7.62x39 Ammo

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          762.DEFENSE
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 6314

                          Originally posted by doubledgarage
                          A handful of girls want me to take them shooting so it's a good idea for a date.
                          +1

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            AngelZ3R0
                            Member
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 356

                            social networking sucks the only reason the internet was invented was for the vast spread of info such as for what we use it for and that's it. who wants to have fake friends on the internet do it the old fashion talk to people face to face or call them.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              DirtNapKing
                              Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 389

                              My Facebook friends are people I have picked through and trust. My settings are on lock down status. No employee has ever been into my account or has been made knowledgeable of the account because the e-mail that I rarely list on applications is not the e-mail I use for Facebook. I don't join apps, games ect. Anything that asks permission to see your stats. photos, and such is a no go. I keep it to a minimum even though I actually feel a bit more comfortable posting a gun on Facebook then I do here. If people really wanted to snoop into your gun life I would go with the old by the numbers game. Since everybody puts there eggs in one pot here I feel the slime balls would be more apt to snoop on Cal Guns.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                chim-chim7
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2010
                                • 1845

                                ANGELZ3RO you say social networking sucks. What do you think Calguns is? Its just another form of a social network. Maybe be more specific?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1