Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 17 upgrades?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    nbirnbaum2
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 791

    Save your money.

    here is what I recommend

    glock 3.5# minus connector $25 bucks
    polish internals $0.25

    total $25.25

    now get some night sights. I like trijicon HD's but everyone has different opinions so thats up to you.

    Comment

    • #77
      HK35
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 746

      Originally posted by nbirnbaum2
      Save your money.

      here is what I recommend

      glock 3.5# minus connector $25 bucks
      polish internals $0.25

      total $25.25

      now get some night sights. I like trijicon HD's but everyone has different opinions so thats up to you.
      That really all that needs to be done on a Glock. You Also may stipple if you wish but skateboard tape works too.

      Comment

      • #78
        ElDub1950
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2012
        • 5688

        Can anyone comment on the differences between the Glockstore Double Diamond 3.5 lb and the Glock Minus connectors?

        Specifically the trigger break and reset. Not concerned about exact difference in trigger pull weight.

        Comment

        • #79
          John Browning
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2006
          • 8089

          This is my perfect G17, and probably my perfect combat handgun.

          G17 Gen4 with medium beavertail (or a Gen 3 with a Beavertail and Traction grips)
          Ameriglo Hackathorn Sights
          Grip plug beveled to magwell
          Extended slide stop
          .25 cent trigger job
          Streamlight TLR-1

          I have one set up like this, and another G34 set up the same but with the minus connector. Together they have at least 10k trouble free, very enjoyable competition stressed rounds. I cant honestly remember a malfunction. On the other hand, the more modified a Glock is, the more I see them choke. Even my unlimited Glock has a stock barrel, trigger, striker and slide. I would not mess with the guts.
          For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

          For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

          Originally posted by KWalkerM
          eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

          Comment

          • #80
            oghl888
            Senior Member
            • May 2005
            • 612

            Upgrade the shooter first: take some advanced courses or join some competitions. After that what upgrades are needed for the gun should be obvious

            Comment

            • #81
              JDW67
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 2002

              Originally posted by scobun
              This is my perfect G17, and probably my perfect combat handgun.

              G17 Gen4 with medium beavertail (or a Gen 3 with a Beavertail and Traction grips)
              Ameriglo Hackathorn Sights
              Grip plug beveled to magwell
              Extended slide stop
              .25 cent trigger job
              Streamlight TLR-1

              I have one set up like this, and another G34 set up the same but with the minus connector. Together they have at least 10k trouble free, very enjoyable competition stressed rounds. I cant honestly remember a malfunction. On the other hand, the more modified a Glock is, the more I see them choke. Even my unlimited Glock has a stock barrel, trigger, striker and slide. I would not mess with the guts.
              Mt 17 is set up mostly the same way except for the sights and grip plug.

              Comment

              • #82
                crufflers
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jul 2011
                • 12723

                Originally posted by scobun
                This is my perfect G17, and probably my perfect combat handgun.

                G17 Gen4 with medium beavertail (or a Gen 3 with a Beavertail and Traction grips)
                Ameriglo Hackathorn Sights
                Grip plug beveled to magwell
                Extended slide stop
                .25 cent trigger job
                Streamlight TLR-1

                I have one set up like this, and another G34 set up the same but with the minus connector. Together they have at least 10k trouble free, very enjoyable competition stressed rounds. I cant honestly remember a malfunction. On the other hand, the more modified a Glock is, the more I see them choke. Even my unlimited Glock has a stock barrel, trigger, striker and slide. I would not mess with the guts.
                My Gen4 17 has the medium beavertail, minus connector, TLR-1 HL, and stock front/G34 rear. Still need to decide what steel sights to swap in. I like Ameriglos. I need to order a set and have the sight pushed. My 41 has a similar setup with the TTI Grand Master Connector and a Surefire X300U - also still needs sight upgrade.
                Last edited by crufflers; 06-11-2015, 3:13 PM.

                Comment

                • #83
                  nbirnbaum2
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 791

                  Originally posted by ElDub1950
                  Can anyone comment on the differences between the Glockstore Double Diamond 3.5 lb and the Glock Minus connectors?

                  Specifically the trigger break and reset. Not concerned about exact difference in trigger pull weight.

                  One looks fancy with NiB, one has "less liability" to use since its an oem part. Same price, same angles. both 3.5 # connectors

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    sasage
                    Junior Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • 1

                    Originally posted by _TomT_
                    I can't tell you which company to go with in terms of custom triggers, but I can tell you which company to stay away from: OC CUSTOM TRIGGERS. After such a horrible experience I wouldn't put a custom trigger in my Glock, heck I wouldn't even do a 25 cent trigger job.
                    What happened with your OC Custom trigger?

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      nikki#2
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 2164

                      Originally posted by Bananajacksonthe 3rd

                      I mainly use the g17 as home defense and trunk gun for the time being. Any input is appreciated.
                      Originally posted by Bananajacksonthe 3rd

                      Going to leave it stock for now guys. Signed up for a class in July and will go from there

                      Cool... Also good fun is action pistol competition, e.g. USPSA, check with your local range. Logical place to start w/ your G17 is Production Division,
                      and only certain mods are allowed: https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-nroi-hottopics.php

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        Strykeback
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 1574

                        Ended up finally going for the Agency drop in trigger after waiting nearly 2 months for its backorder. In the mean time I dropped in the Vickers mag release and slide lock along with the ghost Inc Avenger connector being the best upgrade of anything on my 30sf.

                        Did a quick cell phone vid for ghost Inc

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          patriot_man
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 2640

                          To be honest I would've mastered the standard Glock trigger and then gotten the ROBAR trigger which is NIB coated and safe.

                          Many aftermarket triggers, while it may not seem like it, bypass the safety. Not sure if Agency does but the Haley Skimmer and the likes do.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            Strykeback
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 1574

                            Negative. There was a batch of skimmers but the original release and the ones on the market now keep all safeties as this agency arms does too. Hence why I kept playing with the engagement to the wall as you see it engage the firing pin block.

                            The biggest issue I had with this glock trigger was the actual pad was extremely painful to use. With the new serrated trigger the only thing your finger pad is touching thru the entire use is that annoying safety Dingus and it actually cut my finger up thru the first 100 rounds i put thru this g30. My friends 17c and 22 both had a normal trigger pad without the serrations.

                            I'm going to get the guys at the shop to put a trigger pull gauge on it since even though I didn't change any springs its definitely lighter, or that could be the geometry of the flat faced trigger.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              patriot_man
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 2640

                              Ahh got it, I missed that part.

                              Happy shooting.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                patriot_man
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 2640

                                Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                                Mastering a trigger takes a lifetime for most of us who don't have the last names of Vogel, Stoeger or Leatham. And the Glock shooter among those names uses an aftermarket trigger.

                                Someone on M4C bought all the flat faced triggers and I think only the Apex one passed the drop test.
                                The ROBAR one is relatively new. Did you see it tested in the thread?

                                Also semi related since Leatham was brought up lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1