Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Firearms Safety Cert (FSC, HSC replacement)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ugimports
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Jun 2009
    • 6251

    Interesting..since I asked the question this morning on the fees the website now has a checkout option on re-issuance of the FSC card and it will charge you $5. It doesn't say "re-print" anymore...it says "Replace FSC"...
    UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
    Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
    web​ / email / vendor forum

    I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

    Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

    Comment

    • EBR Works
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Dec 2007
      • 10492

      Just a follow up response from them:

      EBR said (12/30/2014 04:04 PM ): What if we do not have an equivalent complete firearm available to do the demo?
      DOJ Response (01/01/2015 04:47 PM ): The SHD reqires a similar firearm of what the receiver would be built into. For further questions please contact our Compliance section at 916-227-7527. They will be here tomorrow from 8:00AM-5:00PM
      So basically, if you don't have a similar complete firearm built from some obscure receiver received for a client, you cannot transfer it.


      Check out our e-commerce site here:

      www.ebrworks.com

      Serving you from Prescott, AZ

      Comment

      • ugimports
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Jun 2009
        • 6251

        Originally posted by EBR Works
        Just a follow up response from them:



        So basically, if you don't have a similar complete firearm built from some obscure receiver received for a client, you cannot transfer it.
        This is lame. I do not have Remington 700s sitting around or even Ruger 10/22s, let alone have "stock" of anything. I am not going to do a demo for a customer's receiver using another customer's firearm. That's just absurd.

        Sounds like a new lawsuit waiting to happen.
        UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
        Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
        web​ / email / vendor forum

        I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

        Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

        Comment

        • ke6guj
          Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 23725

          Originally posted by EBR Works
          Just a follow up response from them:



          So basically, if you don't have a similar complete firearm built from some obscure receiver received for a client, you cannot transfer it.
          looks like when that time comes, I'll need to get a hunting license so I can exempt myself from having to do the demo.

          Not sure why understanding game laws in CA has to do with me being able to safely handle a semi-auto M60 or RPD (in stripped receiver form) and not need to show the dealer that, but since CA says I would be exempt, oh well
          Last edited by ke6guj; 01-02-2015, 2:28 PM.
          Jack



          Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

          No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          Comment

          • Condorguns
            Still lost in the desert
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2007
            • 3302

            How many of you guys are using a customers credit card in the FSC payment online?
            You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
            Incoming fire has the right of way.

            Comment

            • ugimports
              Vendor/Retailer
              • Jun 2009
              • 6251

              I am using my own. I don't want to charge their card twice in the same transaction with me.
              UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
              Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
              web​ / email / vendor forum

              I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

              Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

              Comment

              • Bowser
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2008
                • 1969

                Damn system is hella slow right now. Damn you CA DOJ!!!!!

                Comment

                • rbetts
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 1150

                  State system is down as of 12:58.
                  sigpic

                  Golden State Tactical <---click here >

                  An FORMER Outpost Deep In the Heart of the Beast! Home of "California Compliant" AR15 Parts and Magazines and some of the lowest priced guns in the state!!!

                  Comment

                  • halifax
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 4440

                    Yeah, they got my money then just died. DES down too.
                    Jim


                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Tunis
                      Vendor/Retailer
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 1372

                      Originally posted by halifax
                      Yeah, they got my money then just died. DES down too.
                      Me too!!!

                      Comment

                      • Condorguns
                        Still lost in the desert
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 3302

                        Damn it!!!! I have cards to issue and guns to deliver and the whole thing crashes!!!
                        You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
                        Incoming fire has the right of way.

                        Comment

                        • OCArmory
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 1321

                          Yep been screwed since 12:45

                          Comment

                          • rbetts
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 1150

                            I spoke to the lady at the DOJ. Seems as though the new FSC system is a memory hog trying to push PDF docs to us. Can't handle the load.

                            Unfortunately the result of a project that was not tested or vetted at the user level. Bad form again by the bureaucracy.
                            sigpic

                            Golden State Tactical <---click here >

                            An FORMER Outpost Deep In the Heart of the Beast! Home of "California Compliant" AR15 Parts and Magazines and some of the lowest priced guns in the state!!!

                            Comment

                            • Condorguns
                              Still lost in the desert
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Dec 2007
                              • 3302

                              I have angry customers. Passing out free coffee, but I hope this comes back fast.
                              You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
                              Incoming fire has the right of way.

                              Comment

                              • OCArmory
                                Senior Member
                                • Jun 2008
                                • 1321

                                I smell lawsuit for lost revenue

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1