Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FFL 3 - ANY ONE?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeepix
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 67

    Live Scan

    I'm helping a friend go through the paperwork for his COE/FFL03 and the Live Scan form seems to have changed since I did it in regards that the Top Portion "Application Submission" section, the "Contributing Agency Information" section and the "Level of Service" section is all blank, whereas when I did it those sections, for the most part, were filled in with provided information because of the type of background check (something about Firearms Certificate or something). Is this to remain blank and will be filled in by the checking agency later? Does the Live Scan provider fill it in for me? Should I enter the same info that was on my Live Scan Form when I printed it out?

    Any ideas? Anyone gone through this recently after the change middle of last year?

    Thanks in advance!

    Comment

    • gpark09
      Member
      • Mar 2016
      • 375

      Originally posted by Jeepix
      I'm helping a friend go through the paperwork for his COE/FFL03 and the Live Scan form seems to have changed since I did it in regards that the Top Portion "Application Submission" section, the "Contributing Agency Information" section and the "Level of Service" section is all blank, whereas when I did it those sections, for the most part, were filled in with provided information because of the type of background check (something about Firearms Certificate or something). Is this to remain blank and will be filled in by the checking agency later? Does the Live Scan provider fill it in for me? Should I enter the same info that was on my Live Scan Form when I printed it out?

      Any ideas? Anyone gone through this recently after the change middle of last year?

      Thanks in advance!
      Hope this is what you're looking for.
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

      They had just liberated a nation.

      Comment

      • Jeepix
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 67

        Hi! Thanks...I do have my old Live Scan form with all the pre-filled in information, but didn't know if we need to fill it in to the new form or leave it blank as they have it? (they keep changing stuff!). Anyone know if the information from 2019 is still the same?

        I've emailed them and tried calling, but you can't get a live person and I haven't got a response to my email since last Thursday.

        Comment

        • gpark09
          Member
          • Mar 2016
          • 375

          It's same.
          sigpic
          The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

          They had just liberated a nation.

          Comment

          • Jeepix
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 67

            Cool! Thanks for your help!

            I wonder why they have a blank one now available for download for this type of Live Scan check? They do that just to make it more difficult and cause issues for the person submitting for a COE/FFL?

            Comment

            • SkyHawk
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2012
              • 23531

              Originally posted by Jeepix
              Cool! Thanks for your help!

              I wonder why they have a blank one now available for download for this type of Live Scan check? They do that just to make it more difficult and cause issues for the person submitting for a COE/FFL?
              This one still has all the info you need, it is not blank. If it looks blank to you, it could be a problem with your PDF viewer

              Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

              Comment

              • Jeepix
                Junior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 67

                Perhaps my original post was a bit vaguely worded. The link you give has a form that has all the fields there is just no pre-filled in info like the old form had. I found my old one and am going to copy over the pre-filled info in hopes that it's all still valid.

                Thanks again for the replies!

                Comment

                • Jeepix
                  Junior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 67

                  Interesting, I just downloaded it on another computer and used Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and it has the information pre-filled in. Weird, I wonder what's wrong with the other computer? Anyway, thanks again...again!

                  Comment

                  • SkyHawk
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 23531

                    Originally posted by Jeepix
                    Perhaps my original post was a bit vaguely worded. The link you give has a form that has all the fields there is just no pre-filled in info like the old form had. I found my old one and am going to copy over the pre-filled info in hopes that it's all still valid.

                    Thanks again for the replies!
                    Originally posted by Jeepix
                    Interesting, I just downloaded it on another computer and used Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and it has the information pre-filled in. Weird, I wonder what's wrong with the other computer? Anyway, thanks again...again!
                    Yes - that is why I mentioned the possibility that your PDF reader was an issue. It is not necessarily a problem with your computer, although it is a sign that you should update your PDF reader.

                    I have seen it before, for some reason the fields will be blank on some readers. It probably has more to do with the way they constructed the PDF. They should have flattened the PDF after filling in those fields, then it would have been nearly universally readable. That is sort of the point of PDF, but apparently that point is lost on DOJ.

                    Typical state agency level quality control though - they put out some of the worst, barely useable tech.
                    Last edited by SkyHawk; 01-16-2020, 8:31 AM.
                    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                    Comment

                    • Jeepix
                      Junior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 67

                      Originally posted by SkyHawk
                      Yes - that is why I mentioned the possibility. I have seen it before, for some reason the fields will be blank on some readers. It probably has more to do with the way they constructed the PDF. They should have flattened the PDF after filling in those fields, then it would have been nearly universally readable.

                      Typical state agency level quality control though, they put out some of the worst , barely useable tech.
                      Definitely seems to be the case here!

                      Thanks again to everyone!

                      Comment

                      • SkyHawk
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 23531

                        The worst part of it, is that if you didn’t already know there should be info in those fields, you would have no way of knowing there was a problem with the form until you got to the Livescan operator and they told you it could not be processed
                        Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                        Comment

                        • RussG1
                          Member
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 181

                          I sent the docs in on Jan 5, 2020 received the FFL 03 yesterday

                          was amazed -- it took only 2 weeks

                          Comment

                          • SteelRifle
                            Junior Member
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Apr 2019
                            • 35

                            sent my 03 app 1/17/20
                            charged 1/23/20
                            received 2/14/20

                            Comment

                            • CartridgeCalls
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2016
                              • 1400

                              What is the charging agency for our debit cards for the FFL03? I look up BATFE for a charge and see nothing. Submitted the app 12/27/19 and got the COE in 3 days but havent heard anything since.
                              Cartridge Calls, Predator, Duck and Big game calls made from real brass cartridges. 100% Disabled Veteran Owned and operated Small Business.
                              www.cartridgecalls.com
                              Get them in close, Get the job done!

                              Comment

                              • SkyHawk
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 23531

                                I renewed my 03FFL with ATF recently, it took less than 2 weeks from the time I mailed the renewal to having the new one in hand.
                                Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1