Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FFL 3 - ANY ONE?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    Jeepix
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 67

    That's right, I got that packet with that simple log book. You could show that one to them, but if you don't buy anything I don't know if they'd ever ask to see it. But who knows.

    Anyone here ever been asked to present your log book but had never bought anything?

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #92
      botsdots
      Member
      • May 2008
      • 236

      For the COE:
      I'll throw in that the ATI number was barely legible on the form after filled. Make sure your number is written legibly before you walk out of the livescan place.

      In the case it's not legible, a hint that helped me was that it's a combination of the last name of the person who rolled your fingers, a couple numbers, some part of your name, and a few more numbers.

      With that info, I was able to guess the correct ATI number.

      Got approved in 5 business days

      Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #93
        nyla
        Member
        • Dec 2018
        • 359



        That logbook only has 9 spots though [emoji22]. Most of us will need more than that!
        "The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - Hon. Roger T. Benitez
        [i]

        Comment

        • #94
          kemasa
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jun 2005
          • 10706

          Originally posted by daninger4995
          That logbook only has 9 spots though [emoji22]. Most of us will need more than that!
          A bound book doesn't need to be bound or a book. Organized sheets (page numbers, etc.) are acceptable.

          You can create your own and print it out or you can photocopy the example, as well as buying something.
          Kemasa.
          False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

          Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

          Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

          Comment

          • #95
            johnnyv5
            Member
            • Dec 2017
            • 164

            Just for clarification, the bound book is for the Feds. And for COE we fill out an online form when purchasing a C&R?
            GC Maybe yellow to light green
            6/7/2021 Mailed app and check
            1/6/2022 Call from Private # to setup interview
            1/13/2022 Interviewed
            1/14/2022 LiveScan
            1/14/2022 CA and FBI Cleared
            2/12/2022 Firearms cleared
            3/23/2022 Proceed to Training email
            4/3/2022 training completed
            4/27/2022 Pickup!!

            Comment

            • #96
              kemasa
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jun 2005
              • 10706

              Originally posted by johnnyv5
              Just for clarification, the bound book is for the Feds. And for COE we fill out an online form when purchasing a C&R?
              COE? Certificate of Eligibility, there is no requirements. For CA, it depends on how a C&R is acquired, since if a DROS is done, nothing more is needed for the state. To record it, the paper form can also be used.
              Kemasa.
              False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

              Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

              Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

              Comment

              • #97
                Cokebottle
                Señor Member
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2009
                • 32373

                Originally posted by kemasa
                COE? Certificate of Eligibility, there is no requirements. For CA, it depends on how a C&R is acquired, since if a DROS is done, nothing more is needed for the state. To record it, the paper form can also be used.
                This.
                The DROS takes care of the California registration/reporting requirement.
                The bound book entry is required regardless of whether the transfer is through an FFL or FTF.
                If the transfer is executed through an FFL, then the bound book entry "acquired from/disposed to" is the FFL information, not the other party.
                - Rich

                Originally posted by dantodd
                A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                Comment

                • #98
                  johnnyv5
                  Member
                  • Dec 2017
                  • 164

                  Originally posted by Cokebottle
                  This.
                  The DROS takes care of the California registration/reporting requirement.
                  The bound book entry is required regardless of whether the transfer is through an FFL or FTF.
                  If the transfer is executed through an FFL, then the bound book entry "acquired from/disposed to" is the FFL information, not the other party.
                  I should have been clear. If I purchase a C&R firearm I just log it in the book for the Feds. For California I fill out a form online for the DOJ. Or send in a form. Is this the process?

                  Just received my COE. Took 10 calendar days. Now just waiting for FFL03.

                  Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                  GC Maybe yellow to light green
                  6/7/2021 Mailed app and check
                  1/6/2022 Call from Private # to setup interview
                  1/13/2022 Interviewed
                  1/14/2022 LiveScan
                  1/14/2022 CA and FBI Cleared
                  2/12/2022 Firearms cleared
                  3/23/2022 Proceed to Training email
                  4/3/2022 training completed
                  4/27/2022 Pickup!!

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    Cokebottle
                    Señor Member
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 32373

                    Originally posted by johnnyv5
                    I should have been clear. If I purchase a C&R firearm I just log it in the book for the Feds. For California I fill out a form online for the DOJ. Or send in a form. Is this the process?
                    It needs to be logged into the bound book regardless of the source.
                    If you purchase it through an FFL, then nothing more needs to be done.
                    If you purchase a long gun it face-to-face, or purchase a long gun or handgun outside of California, you must report the acquisition either by mailing in the form or online through CFARS.
                    - Rich

                    Originally posted by dantodd
                    A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                    Comment

                    • gpark09
                      Member
                      • Mar 2016
                      • 375

                      Ok... So, my FFL03 has arrived yesterday. To sum it up, I did the live scan and mailed in the apps on 04/08/19. Got the COE about 10 days later. Received the FFL03 on 05/17/19. Not bad.

                      I guess now, I will be expecting the welcome pack which includes the log sheet.
                      sigpic
                      The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

                      They had just liberated a nation.

                      Comment

                      • Cokebottle
                        Señor Member
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 32373

                        Originally posted by gpark09
                        Ok... So, my FFL03 has arrived yesterday. To sum it up, I did the live scan and mailed in the apps on 04/08/19. Got the COE about 10 days later. Received the FFL03 on 05/17/19. Not bad.

                        I guess now, I will be expecting the welcome pack which includes the log sheet.
                        You need to make your own bound book, one is not provided.

                        You can print one from Excel, download one, or buy a pre-made book from Amazon. There is no defined format, just information required.
                        I printed mine on ledger size paper (11x17) and use a 3-ring binder.
                        If you can't find an 11x17 notebook locally (they are hard to find), you can do a double-fold on the 11x17 to bring it down to 8.5.
                        - Rich

                        Originally posted by dantodd
                        A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                        Comment

                        • kemasa
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 10706

                          Here is an example bound book.
                          Attached Files
                          Kemasa.
                          False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                          Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                          Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                          Comment

                          • gpark09
                            Member
                            • Mar 2016
                            • 375

                            Originally posted by kemasa
                            Here is an example bound book.
                            Awesome. Thanks. I will print several pages of this and bind them in a folder to create log book.
                            sigpic
                            The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

                            They had just liberated a nation.

                            Comment

                            • kemasa
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 10706

                              Originally posted by gpark09
                              Awesome. Thanks. I will print several pages of this and bind them in a folder to create log book.
                              A "bound book" doesn't need to be bound, nor a book. An order of pages is fine. Change the date and the page number and print the pages as you need it. You can put them in a notebook or just keep them together.
                              Kemasa.
                              False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                              Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                              Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                              Comment

                              • gpark09
                                Member
                                • Mar 2016
                                • 375

                                I was wondering... Since I've got FFL 03, does any one actually use it to buy relic?

                                Is there a thread in this forum where I can actually learn how to use the license?
                                sigpic
                                The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

                                They had just liberated a nation.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1