Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My first go at the Rust Blue method

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    4thSBCT
    Banned
    • Mar 2009
    • 2047

    Originally posted by 247Nino
    sweet.

    I just started my bluing yesterday for an m70ab2 and carding takes forever, my goal is 10 runs... we'll see if I can get it darker that my AMD that I only ran 3 times.
    don't go to dark...my kit was 99% blued and my reciever almost looks darker than my other parts, I found that hanging the reciever in the bathroom and then turning on a hot shower and letting it get some steam helped the rusting process.

    Originally posted by nicoroshi
    And you didn't blue the homemade BB?
    What were you thinking?




    Looks really good 4th
    thanks...I just found that BB laying around in my junk bin...
    Last edited by 4thSBCT; 12-16-2010, 5:00 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      247Nino
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 1858

      Originally posted by 4thSBCT
      don't go to dark...my kit was 99% blued and my reciever almost looks darker than my other parts, I found that hanging the reciever in the bathroom and then turning on a hot shower and letting it get some steam helped the rusting process.

      I'm doing all of the parts, here is what it looked like before I started ...
      Saiga 12 IZ-109
      FML-47 AK Pistols
      RUST BLUING MY M70B1/AB2

      EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

      Comment

      • #18
        Dr Rockso
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 3701

        Originally posted by 4thSBCT
        Looks fantastic. Anyone here ever mill their own receiver? I have access to a few machines of various size, and I've done some CNC milling in the past. Looks like a fun project.

        Comment

        • #19
          general_disarray_prk
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 1520

          Looks great 4thSBCT - thanks for the final results pics!

          247Nino - Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

          Please take some pics of the process!!!! :-)

          There are lots of guys with Yugos out here that need to blue their folded flats/receivers!!!!

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1