Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Martin Retting Store Am I wrong??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    rand17
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2011
    • 536

    Yes agreed..you are right!

    Originally posted by ruchik
    Clearly you have not.

    Be the guy you said you were, and do what you said you did. There's bigger things to worry about.

    Comment

    • #92
      Dvrjon
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2012
      • 11370

      From your Original Post:
      Originally posted by rand17
      First off I don't intend on bashing this gun store....
      Yet the bashing of this gun store's customer service as perceived by you, continues.
      Originally posted by rand17
      ....but the way things transpired left me unsettled and thought I would get some other input and if I am being overly sensitive...
      And every time someone has told you that you are being over sensitive and to let it go, you argue against the input and against the poster, trying to explain that, had it happened to them, they too, would be incensed.

      You've achieved your originally-stated goal. You have your feedback. Use it and have a happy life.

      Best.

      Comment

      • #93
        enegue
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 863

        I think gun shops in general have a higher percentage of bad customer service when compared with other businesses based on my personal experience over the past 10 years. I never thought it was warranted to make a thread about it, yet. It's been better than a Verizon store, but not as good as Macy's.

        I think after some period of time working at a gun shop, you would eventually get really sick of stupid people comparing guns to video games, muzzling everyone, and just doing general stupid ****. Might make you a bit jaded. No excuse for bad customer service but may explain some of it.

        Comment

        • #94
          BlackCatRacing#13
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 654

          Originally posted by protohyp
          All my guns were purchased back in the day at that gunshop on fairfax and Olympic and VJ over there hooked me up solid. Isn't that gunshop now a liquor store? How ironic....

          Yes that was GUN HEAVEN-5962 W OLYMPIC BLVD Next Door is 1 of the Last Pioneer Chicken Restaurant's

          Back in early 90's I was working Security in Hollywood for bunch of Night Clubs off of Highland so GUN HEAVEN was a Favorite Stopping Place

          Got to say I picked up My Cobray M-11 9mm for $299.00 & My Partner put cash down for the H&K SP-89 it was $1,100 back then


          Yeah & for Retting's - been going there since the 80's and Everything being said before Me is True

          They Ignore 80% of the Customers but will Kiss A** to the Special Few that must go in every week to be on a 1st Name Invitation

          As for Me - I have Learned Not to Ask them any Questions as its a Big Inconvenience for them to have to Speak and Give some Useful Advice/Information to a Customer

          The Only Talking they Like is when the Cash Register Rings up a Sale & they ask You Cash or Credit Card


          Anybody Remember when Turners was in Culver City at Supulveda & Jefferson ?? They had a Stuffed Lion in the Window





          .

          Pray for Peace ~ ~ ~ ~ Prepare for War

          1) Charlton Heston 2nd Amendment N.R.A. Speech ....http://youtu.be/5ju4Gla2odw
          2) PENN & TELLER tell the "TRUTH" about Gun Controll ...https://youtu.be/P4zE0K22zH8
          3) NANCY SINATRA sings BANG BANG He Shot Me Down...https://youtu.be/YZoQ_E8GHsk

          Comment

          • #95
            rand17
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Jan 2011
            • 536

            I argue because people are twisting things around..like you have got things mixed up...I am bashing the old A hole that butted in and pony tail dude! Never intended on bashing the gun store on here got great Customer service from the guy helping me....thats why I said that....If I inadvertently did..my bad...

            Ok your right I have achieved my stated goal....Thank you...


            Originally posted by Dvrjon
            From your Original Post:Yet the bashing of this gun store's customer service as perceived by you, continues.
            And every time someone has told you that you are being over sensitive and to let it go, you argue against the input and against the poster, trying to explain that, had it happened to them, they too, would be incensed.

            You've achieved your originally-stated goal. You have your feedback. Use it and have a happy life.

            Best.
            Last edited by rand17; 01-18-2015, 3:01 PM.

            Comment

            • #96
              rand17
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Jan 2011
              • 536

              Nope don't remember turners in CC...but I too purchased an SP-89 for 1100...@ the pomona gun show and picked it up at B & E Guns in Cypress...when nobody could get on they found it for me...

              Originally posted by BlackCatRacing#13
              Yes that was GUN HEAVEN-5962 W OLYMPIC BLVD Next Door is 1 of the Last Pioneer Chicken Restaurant's


              Got to say I picked up My Cobray M-11 9mm for $299.00 & My Partner put cash down for the H&K SP-89 it was $1,100 back then

              Anybody Remember when Turners was in Culver City at Supulveda & Jefferson ?? They had a Stuffed Lion in the Window

              .

              Comment

              • #97
                enegue
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 863

                Originally posted by BlackCatRacing#13
                Yes that was GUN HEAVEN-5962 W OLYMPIC BLVD Next Door is 1 of the Last Pioneer Chicken Restaurant's

                Back in early 90's I was working Security in Hollywood for bunch of Night Clubs off of Highland so GUN HEAVEN was a Favorite Stopping Place

                Got to say I picked up My Cobray M-11 9mm for $299.00 & My Partner put cash down for the H&K SP-89 it was $1,100 back then


                Yeah & for Retting's - been going there since the 80's and Everything being said before Me is True

                They Ignore 80% of the Customers but will Kiss A** to the Special Few that must go in every week to be on a 1st Name Invitation

                As for Me - I have Learned Not to Ask them any Questions as its a Big Inconvenience for them to have to Speak and Give some Useful Advice/Information to a Customer

                The Only Talking they Like is when the Cash Register Rings up a Sale & they ask You Cash or Credit Card


                Anybody Remember when Turners was in Culver City at Supulveda & Jefferson ?? They had a Stuffed Lion in the Window





                .
                Those are some good ones. There was also Gun World on 1136 N. La Brea Ave

                Comment

                • #98
                  deerdeerdeer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2014
                  • 2696

                  There are two FFL's I trust, one is home based, the other is a hole in the wall. I stay away from Turners/Reeds/Target/Cabela's, or anything mainstream. I find it funny when you complain, mainstream stores = corporate, corporate = newbie employee's. Like someone said before here on CG " I trust my FFL who lives in the garage and DROS in his garage ", lol...

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    psssniper
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3060

                    at that moment I was about ready to go off!!
                    And how are you going to react to these situations once you have your CCW? You one of those hair trigger temper kinda guys that blows up when you feel "disrespected"?
                    Editafter reading all the rest of the thread it appears you are)

                    it just ruined the rest of the day...
                    So you get all bent and your day is ruined because you assumed that they said something about you? For JMB's sake, toughen up man.



                    edit to add: Just read all the rest of your posts in this thread and I think you really shouldn't get a CCW until you learn to control your emotions a bit better
                    Last edited by psssniper; 01-18-2015, 5:59 PM.
                    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness; I love only that which they defend.
                    victus exaro somniculosus, somnus exaro ieiunium

                    Comment

                    • rand17
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 536

                      Oh WOW! now its a full blow trail and micro scrutinization ....I thought you guys were over this already....Again if you missed it...I kept my cool and didn't act! thats what matters.....At least I had the Balls to share my story...I don't need to walk around with my chest out hiding some insecurity like most people ....and AGAIN!! there wasn't much to assume during the interaction....Ha!


                      Originally posted by psssniper
                      And how are you going to react to these situations once you have your CCW? You one of those hair trigger temper kinda guys that blows up when you feel "disrespected"?


                      So you get all bent and your day is ruined because you assumed that they said something about you? For JMB's sake, toughen up man.

                      Last edited by rand17; 01-18-2015, 6:47 PM.

                      Comment

                      • gt3
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 791

                        originally posted by tankarian I purchased two guns at MBR and each time I was treated professionally by the sales staff. No complaints here.
                        MBR is located in Culver City and it is the only gun store that serves Brentwood, Cheviot Hills, BH and the West Side. Generally speaking, not too many low and average income people can afford to live in those areas. It is only normal MBR sells more high end guns and demands somewhat higher prices for regular items than Turners. They have a great location and their regular customer base has lots of disposable income so why shouldn't they take advantage?


                        sorry that I am low and average income person , guess that is why I shop at turners , maybe I will go to Glendale to see if they have any low income gun store there thanks gt3.
                        __________________
                        Last edited by gt3; 01-18-2015, 8:47 PM.

                        Comment

                        • sanfermin
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 549

                          lol lol too funny Glendale ? every one there I think are scam artist and criminals correct ?

                          Comment

                          • tankarian
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 4194

                            Originally posted by gt3
                            originally posted by tankarian I purchased two guns at MBR and each time I was treated professionally by the sales staff. No complaints here.
                            MBR is located in Culver City and it is the only gun store that serves Brentwood, Cheviot Hills, BH and the West Side. Generally speaking, not too many low and average income people can afford to live in those areas. It is only normal MBR sells more high end guns and demands somewhat higher prices for regular items than Turners. They have a great location and their regular customer base has lots of disposable income so why shouldn't they take advantage?


                            sorry that I am low and average income person , guess that is why I shop at turners , maybe I will go to Glendale to see if they have any low income gun store there thanks gt3.
                            __________________
                            Why do you feel sorry?
                            You can buy your wife a handbag from a Rodeo Drive boutique and pay $5,000 or you can buy the same bag at the mall for $750. Your choice and it's the same with gun stores.
                            I can't afford to shop on Rodeo Drive and I can't afford to buy guns from Cabela's Gun Library. Should I be angry at Cabela's or the Beverly Hills shop owners because they target the high income clientele living in the neighborhood and can afford their prices? It's their business and if it works, more power to them.
                            This is a free country and last time I checked it still has a capitalist economy.
                            BLACK RIFLES MATTER!

                            Comment

                            • streetspeed
                              Junior Member
                              • Jan 2015
                              • 5

                              Who cares what area you buy in just have good customer service ! and like the guy above said stay away from Glendale that where all the scam artist and criminal live hahaha ! Forgot east Hollywood too hahah
                              Last edited by streetspeed; 01-19-2015, 12:42 AM.

                              Comment

                              • sanfermin
                                Senior Member
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 549

                                Sounds like he might be working for martin b retting ? ov vey !

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1