Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Martin Retting Store Am I wrong??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ucladude101
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2015
    • 741

    I like Martin b retting but I usually no what I want and buy it with just a quick inspection do not handle like 20 other guns.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • helpfuljack
      Member
      • Jan 2015
      • 186

      I've never had a problem with them. The staff that I've dealt with has been courteous and helpful, and unlike many of their firearms and accessories, their .22LR ammo is actually priced lower than many of their competitors.

      I'm not sure I have much need for them for anything other than that though, but I guess it's nice to have a gun store within a short drive from my house.

      If their prices on AR accessories and firearms were anything close to online prices (or even 10-20% more), and the selection was broader, I'd probably be there a lot more often.

      Comment

      • MarikinaMan
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2015
        • 4864

        I have a post defending Retting earlier in the thread.

        That all changed when I got bit yesterday.

        I called and asked simply, "do you offer gun smithing services?" I needed to take off a stubborn flash hider. I recognized the voice of the guy on the phone as I've purchased a gun from him before. It's the little mustachioed Hispanic guy. He laughs mockingly, then says "No we don't", with the tone like you talking to someone stupid.

        Ok. I thanked him and hung up. Never going back.

        Comment

        • heidad01
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 4902

          Originally posted by helpfuljack
          I've never had a problem with them. The staff that I've dealt with has been courteous and helpful, and unlike many of their firearms and accessories, their .22LR ammo is actually priced lower than many of their competitors.
          Among other oddities at MBR, even though they are not in the City of LA, they run your Drivers license through the system when you buy Ammo. Something that even turners does not do.

          Comment

          • jess1911
            Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 218

            I've been there 4 or 5 times. each time i had good dealings. maybe i have a sunny disposition. maybe i look like a physically capable guy whom maybe wouldn't be fun to tussle with. either way. i will be visiting them in the next week or so to get one of their well priced DR sights for my fnx 45 tactical.

            Comment

            • jess1911
              Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 218

              Originally posted by gt3

              they sell nazi item and the owner him self is jewish
              its history. forget it and its bound to repeat.

              Comment

              • jess1911
                Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 218

                Originally posted by sidelock
                Ratting is what it is, one of the oldest gun shops in L.A., they had established their clientele with people in the entertainment business well enough through out the years.
                I know the subject individual well over 20 years, he is one of the oldest employee there that's not in the management. He is not a people person.
                When you ask to see the real person in charge, either Keith or Alex (in general), if they're busy, he'll be the one that come to speak to you.
                Once in awhile, you'll see him joking with some customers, but most of the time he just hide behind his poker face and be cool, or cold.
                Don't take it too personally, he doesn't like most customers in the shop anyway.
                I call complete and total BS that a guy working in a gunshop- or any guy in or around the gun industry - is not a people person.

                Comment

                • I Swan
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 8770

                  Originally posted by heidad01
                  Among other oddities at MBR, even though they are not in the City of LA, they run your Drivers license through the system when you buy Ammo. Something that even turners does not do.

                  I have mentioned this before I don't know why there is not more outrage about this. People seem more upset about ponytail.

                  Comment

                  • helpfuljack
                    Member
                    • Jan 2015
                    • 186

                    Originally posted by I Swan
                    I have mentioned this before I don't know why there is not more outrage about this. People seem more upset about ponytail.
                    Have they done this to anyone lately? They did it to me the first time I bought ammo there a while back, but they haven't done it to me in recent visits. They must have heard some of the outrage.

                    Comment

                    • gt3
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 791

                      just read the report on ripoff report omg

                      Comment

                      • Rainbow Bullets
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 611

                        Only did ppts at MBR had a good experience both times however they really just liked what i was buying/selling
                        I keep all of my Safe Queen Glocks in my Collectible Honda Civic-HKRick

                        Comment

                        • gt3
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 791

                          after reading all this going take my business some where else turners rifle gear
                          oc armory , not going to spend a penny at martin b redding .

                          Comment

                          • CALI-gula
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 7223

                            Originally posted by CALI-gula
                            Have been going to Martin B. Retting's for some 20 years. One of the best stores ever for C&R, selection is awesome, and the staff have always been good to me. Never got bad customer service there. Not sure what OP suspected was being said, but all the older guys working there are very friendly and better well-versed than most any gun store workers I've come across.

                            I think something was misinterpreted.

                            .
                            Well said Mr. CALI-gula.

                            .
                            ------------------------

                            Comment

                            • CALI-gula
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 7223

                              Originally posted by heidad01
                              Is this what you were referring to? Interesting to know they made it to Ripoff Report.

                              http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/martin...ifornia-815343
                              Especially when there is no actual ripoff being reported. Read that link. It's just someone uptight and whining, but there is no actual ripoff/scam reported. It's a complaint about not being petted, stroked, or groomed properly according to that one dude only, nothing more.

                              Should be removed.

                              .
                              ------------------------

                              Comment

                              • sanfermin
                                Senior Member
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 549

                                martin b redding i think dose not like to do ppt from cal guns they make you wait
                                force me to buy gun lock when i had a receipt that i purchase a gun lock from another store less than 30day owner read the receipt and said the lock did match
                                the model number on lock i had , there all same cable one made in china , last time i am going there , going to turners in torrance or rifle gear , everything
                                there is over price .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1