Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Martin Retting Store Am I wrong??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    Cato
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2006
    • 5659

    Clerks at gun stores aren't exactly know for their customer service. They are "know it alls" and deal with lots of fellas who know even less. Really, they are just a notch above a Walmart greeter, y'know.

    I remember about five or ten years ago I was a Rettings. I was buying a streamlight weapons light for my P226. The clerk told me it wouldn't fit on my pistol because it said "fits Glock and other similar models." I had look it up online already and knew it would fit. I told him to get a P226 to prove him wrong. It was pretty sad to see a big guy like that impload. lol

    I remember back when OLLs were back on the market they had a sign up saying how illegal it was to own them.

    But I still like Rettings a lot. They have a really big selection and lots of C&R. They can special order most things for you too. Just know what you want, pay for it, and work with their clerks.

    It's strange because a guy can walk in there planning to spend $1,000 and not get treated well.

    Comment

    • #77
      I Swan
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2010
      • 8770

      $1000 isn't all that much but still. They get away with all this because people aren't willing to leave the area to go to other shops.

      Comment

      • #78
        MrOrange
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2006
        • 2262

        Originally posted by rand17
        First off I don't intend on bashing this gun store....but the way things transpired left me unsettled and thought I would get some other input and if I am being overly sensitive...

        Story: Went to pick up a gun that I had completed a transfer on 10 days prior...I was greeted by one of the younger entry level employees...he was very accommodating and treated me with respect...SO he went in the back and retrieved my gun and paper work....during the finalizing of the paper he noticed I was from Ventura County...He then said hey...you should apply for a CCW...I laughed and said yes!! I already did and was 7 months into the process...at that very moment another older guy working there who looked to be an owner manager or long time associate with the store...turned and looked at me with a look on his face like I was completely out of my mind...I have never seen such a look of disgust!...SO I said whats wrong??...he turned back to his customer...I said again to him..."What you don't like CCW"???..he flat out ignored me...then "he" commented something I couldn't hear to his customer..and his customer glanced at me and they both laughed....at that moment I was about ready to go off!!..but being a classy stand up guy I let it go....I just can't image other humans can be SO rude and have so much animosity toward others...let alone customers!! Just my two cents on Martin Retting GS...not sure if I will be back...
        When that happens in any context I tend to burst out a maniacal laugh.
        Then again, as an employee he should've been more diplomatic.
        Then again, you really shouldn't let rude behavior bother you, or you'll spend your entire life consumed with rage.
        I meant, it is my opinion that...






        I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
        I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
        You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

        Comment

        • #79
          gt3
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 791

          posted by
          CSACANNONEER it tells me that you don't understand the difference between historical artifacts and "memorabilia". It also tells me that instead of trying to hide all evidence of the Nazi Party, he NEVER wants anyone to forget history and all those who lost their lives and/or loved ones due to the Nazi Party. Are you the type who thinks that trying to forget and hide the past is somehow the right thing to do?
          __________________

          mbr should donate Nazi memorabilla instead of making a profit from it have you seen prices on it ? it disgusting to see it for sale at a profit .
          Last edited by gt3; 01-18-2015, 12:38 AM.

          Comment

          • #80
            I Swan
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2010
            • 8770

            Think of it this way too, especially at a place like Turners. I'm not going to let someone with social retardation issues that is likely living in their mother's basement and making around minimum wage spoil my day. I'm not saying no employees at gunshops are decent I'm talking about the ones that act like what OP encountered.

            Comment

            • #81
              CALI-gula
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2006
              • 7223

              Have been going to Martin B. Retting's for some 20 years. One of the best stores ever for C&R, selection is awesome, and the staff have always been good to me. Never got bad customer service there. Not sure what OP suspected was being said, but all the older guys working there are very friendly and better well-versed than most any gun store workers I've come across.

              I think something was misinterpreted.

              .
              Last edited by CALI-gula; 01-18-2015, 1:06 AM.
              ------------------------

              Comment

              • #82
                Sharp Shooter
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2013
                • 1128

                Originally posted by rand17
                Again...your saying I should just sit back and be disrespected from a business I was patronizing ?? and please tell me how I escalated it?? I was asked a question...I answered it...Old dude decided to Dis me by god awful look like I am crazy!!! keep in mind he had to completely turn around....then ignored my questions like I am a POS!! NONE of my transaction was any of his business...if you remember I said I bite my tongue and didn't light the old dude up...so not thinking my fuse was short... I also think if ran into you in the city and gave you a look like you where out of your mind you would at least say or think...."what the hecks the problem...did I do some thing wrong"...
                You escalated it by engaging the "old dude" after he gave you a look you didn't like. As others have said most people would have just ignored him. Now you you are doing the same thing in this thread. You are escalating it here because some people are giving you feedback that you don't agree with.

                See a trend here?

                Comment

                • #83
                  tankarian
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 4194

                  Originally posted by gt3
                  martin b gun shop suck just write a yelp review give them one star , had same
                  problem very bad service i , there the only game in town in westside the owner
                  lucky he owns the property other it would be out of business with such bad service and prices , also funny thing is owner sell nazi memorabilla and he him self the owner is jewish that should tell you something

                  lucky turners open store out in southbay that where i do all my buying now .
                  I will give you a one star Yelp review for bad spelling.
                  BLACK RIFLES MATTER!

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    -hanko
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Jul 2002
                    • 14174

                    Originally posted by rand17
                    Again...your saying I should just sit back and be disrespected from a business I was patronizing ?? and please tell me how I escalated it?? I was asked a question...I answered it...Old dude decided to Dis me by god awful look like I am crazy!!! keep in mind he had to completely turn around....then ignored my questions like I am a POS!! NONE of my transaction was any of his business...if you remember I said I bite my tongue and didn't light the old dude up...so not thinking my fuse was short... I also think if ran into you in the city and gave you a look like you where out of your mind you would at least say or think...."what the hecks the problem...did I do some thing wrong"...
                    So what really bothered you was a "god awful look like I am crazy"?

                    Why am I not surprised?

                    I'd say it's lucky you "didn't light the old dude up"...no telling what could happen from there.

                    Lot's of emotion here.

                    As I posted above, also lots of inadequacy and questions relating to self-worth.
                    True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                    Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                    A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      tankarian
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 4194

                      I purchased two guns at MBR and each time I was treated professionally by the sales staff. No complaints here.
                      MBR is located in Culver City and it is the only gun store that serves Brentwood, Cheviot Hills, BH and the West Side. Generally speaking, not too many low and average income people can afford to live in those areas. It is only normal MBR sells more high end guns and demands somewhat higher prices for regular items than Turners. They have a great location and their regular customer base has lots of disposable income so why shouldn't they take advantage?
                      BLACK RIFLES MATTER!

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        rand17
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 536

                        No Sir...No emotion...just unsettling being disrespected by a proprietor... theres no excuse for it...you can stand up for the disrespectful old man...But I personally try to show respect to everyone...especially CUSTOMERS!!

                        Originally posted by -hanko
                        So what really bothered you was a "god awful look like I am crazy"?

                        Why am I not surprised?

                        I'd say it's lucky you "didn't light the old dude up"...no telling what could happen from there.

                        Lot's of emotion here.

                        As I posted above, also lots of inadequacy and questions relating to self-worth.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          russ69
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 9348

                          Originally posted by rand17
                          No Sir...No emotion...just unsettling being disrespected by a proprietor...!
                          You have no idea what disrespect is, it's not an assumed dirty look.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            rand17
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Jan 2011
                            • 536

                            Well when I am answering a question from someone and during my answer I get interrupted by a third party turning around and sticking his head in with a disgusted look directly at me and then ignores my inquiries...yeah...thats disrespectful to me.... never mind some smart axx comment he made to his customer...and I am pretty sure if you and most you on here were in that situation you would have viewed it the same...I know theres some people that will disagree just to disagree...the people trying to take our guns here in Calif. do the same thing!

                            Originally posted by russ69
                            You have no idea what disrespect is, it's not an assumed dirty look.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              FrankinCA
                              Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 149

                              Originally posted by heidad01
                              Martin Retting has a monopoly there since there are no other gun stores close by and a bad attitude goes along with that.
                              The younger kids working there are always nice but some of the older guys are quite nasty to say the least especially the owners and the managers. They have been telling people for years that SSE is illegal because they sell enough to the uninformed and their prices are always way above other shops.
                              There is an older guy there with a pony tail and I have personally heard him twice telling people that Springfields custom shop is the size of his store!! They live in their own world and apparently have more business than they need or can handle. so they do not care if they offend you and mostly cator to the yuppies and the local gangbangers and show no interest in dpong PPTs or talking to the real gun guys. Search the forum for my user name and you will see alot of others who were treated badly in one way or another. You are not the only one.
                              This. I have bought from them before. If you know what you are looking for, you will be okay. Same goes for Gunworld in Burbank.
                              The guy with the ponytail can be a pain. I think his name is Doug. In any case, be thankful you will have a CCW.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                ruchik
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 1189

                                Originally posted by rand17
                                ..but being a classy stand up guy I let it go....
                                Clearly you have not.

                                Be the guy you said you were, and do what you said you did. There's bigger things to worry about.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1