Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Disapointed with Livermore Range RO's

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    pepsi2451
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 1633

    Originally posted by M1A Rifleman
    Hmm, not sure what would have changed your opinion from my first post or later, nor does it matter to me.

    A phone call with the Range Manager resulted in the Board addressing the issue with RO's handling of someones weapons at the bench when others are down range.
    Because if your that upset about a guy wasting a few seconds of your time to try to keep you out of jail, maybe you were just looking for something to complain about. Maybe I am wrong, if everything happened just the way you said I hope they get it sorted out.

    Comment

    • #92
      pepsi2451
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2006
      • 1633

      Originally posted by AAShooter
      Let's hope innocent gun owners are not going to jail with or without RSO advice.
      I guess I should have said uninformed gun owners. Legally ignorance is no excuse but it is in my book when it comes to all the messed up gun laws we have. If someone unknowingly configures their M1A wrong I don't think they deserve to catch a felony.

      Comment

      • #93
        slopoke
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 509

        M1ARifleman, I'm glad we got to clear this up. To all of the other people reading this thread, at the Livermore Pleasanton Rod and Gun Club, it is NOT the ranges policy to have an RSO enforce any laws regarding illegal firearms. Frankly it's not our concern.

        Have I given advise regarding firearm legality? Yes and the one and only time I did, I gave out incorrect information. All of the other advise I have given out that was not posed as a question to me were pistol shooting techniques and that was only because I observed the groupings on their target like I was shooting until Steve another RSO gave me some tips on how to grip my pistol and after that all of my rounds were in the black. The only things we do enforce and it is range policy are safety, no 50cal BMG, no rapid fire, no tracers or armour piercing and no bird or buck shot through a shotgun.

        Just remember most public ranges have off duty LEOs, ATF, FBI, DEA and other law enforcement agencies off duty personnel shooting for practice or fun, I have made the aquaintance of quite a few of them. Do they notice other shooters firearms? They sure do! Without going into much detail, an off duty police officer saw what he thought was a rifle in an illegal configuration and was thinking about turning him in. Did he do something? I don't know, but yes off duty law enforcement people look at others firearms. So if you decide to shoot a firearm that is illegal at a public facility, you are taking a huge risk.
        Last edited by slopoke; 07-25-2011, 8:16 PM.

        Comment

        • #94
          mjsweims
          Senior Member
          • May 2009
          • 807

          Originally posted by M1A Rifleman
          The guy making the remarks about race, is white, like me. The asian guy was not present during the discussions about race, maybe he was off educating himself about RAW after running into me.

          I have not made up my mind about complaining to the range. I was somewhat hopefull either reps from the range would read this, or better yet the two RO's that need further training.
          I'm not a rep from the range, but I am a member of LPRG. While I don't like racist remarks, I guess that is a first amendment right. I definitely don't like the idea of someone handling a firearm during the ceasefire. Complain to the club!
          Jack

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #95
            M1A Rifleman
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 3691

            Originally posted by pepsi2451
            Maybe I am wrong, if everything happened just the way you said I hope they get it sorted out.
            Read the response on page 1 from the first RO, as this should clue you in on his mentality and attitude toward you and other range users. After speaking with his manager, I am hopeful this has been resolved.
            The only thing that is worse than an idiot, is someone who argues with one.

            Comment

            • #96
              AAShooter
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • May 2010
              • 7188

              He is still listed as a board member on the club's website, scheduled for re-election 2013.

              Comment

              • #97
                M1A Rifleman
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3691

                Originally posted by AAShooter
                He is still listed as a board member on the club's website, scheduled for re-election 2013.
                I was NOT looking to have anyone fired or booted for making what I hoped was an honest mistake in judgement.
                Last edited by M1A Rifleman; 07-26-2011, 9:09 AM.
                The only thing that is worse than an idiot, is someone who argues with one.

                Comment

                • #98
                  AAShooter
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • May 2010
                  • 7188

                  Originally posted by M1A Rifleman
                  I was NOT looking to have anyone fired or booted for making what I hoped was an honest mistake in judgement.
                  I agree. I suspect the board members and RSOs are well intentioned. I may question their approach or decisions but seldom question their motives.

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    maladictus
                    Junior Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 5

                    The problem seems to come from a lack of professionalism in the new management. I used to feel safe there but now I feel safer at other ranges. To me safety is the most important thing.

                    Comment

                    • dwtt
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 7470

                      Originally posted by slopoke
                      Just remember most public ranges have off duty LEOs, ATF, FBI, DEA and other law enforcement agencies off duty personnel shooting for practice or fun, I have made the aquaintance of quite a few of them.
                      Hey, does the Livermore range offer discounts? Just curious.

                      Comment

                      • AAShooter
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • May 2010
                        • 7188

                        Originally posted by dwtt
                        Hey, does the Livermore range offer discounts? Just curious.
                        I think only for members and guests of members. You can ask for the guest membership rate but that is a one time shot if they give it to you.

                        Comment

                        • AAShooter
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • May 2010
                          • 7188

                          Originally posted by maladictus
                          The problem seems to come from a lack of professionalism in the new management. . .
                          Why do you draw that conclusion?

                          Comment

                          • renardsubtil
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 1659

                            Geez, what a long read. Probably a good thing the OP never met Alvin
                            "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

                            Comment

                            • audiopro74
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2010
                              • 1779

                              ^^^^^^^ Right. First time I took my ex up there, he lit her up for a violation as I was walking away. Not so much safety, but still a rule. She actually started crying. She informed him that it was her first time there, and he didn't have to scream in her face. He felt awful, appologized to both of us.

                              I feel the op's frustration. Safety is safety. There is no reason for anyone to violate the line period. Had I been him, I think I would have yelled at the RO, the same way they yell at anyone else for the same violation. The response from the Ro on here makes me hope I never have to deal with his shamefull ways when I'm able to start shooting again.

                              The response from rich is more on par with the kind of carachters I have dealt with there in the past. Although their rules do seem a bit much at times(have not encountered the new one about guns in the case on the ground) they ar their rules and I understand to play on their playground I must abide.

                              To all the people thinking they don't want to deal with this place now, please don't let this incident sway you. Let your own personal experience dictate for you. The club is a wonderfull place to shoot. It needs the support of locals to help it grow. Like I believe it was AA said, there is much potential there.

                              B.T.W. I am in no way whatsoever affiliated with the club, just a local that likes a nice range to shoot at.
                              Why is everything good???? Illegal, Immoral, fattening???

                              Comment

                              • Dave A
                                Member
                                • Aug 2010
                                • 459

                                Interesting how people react to RO's and range rules. The rules commented on here are pretty much what I have seen at my local range, but apparently they vary depending on where you shoot. I would have expected it to be pretty much universal that you don't bring up or handle firearms during a cease fire.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1