Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Top Shot 2 has 4 CA natives!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • outbrakeridah
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 615

    Originally posted by GOEX FFF
    Yeah, first time I've ever seen a Razorcat. I'm more of a purist historic arms collector.
    But that pistol certainly does and will rightfully hold it's place in the books!

    I can imagine how tough it must have been for Jamie and Eric to hit the ground running with it under the stress of the competition.

    With that said, WTG JAMIE!!
    You got to shoot the Thompson SMG AND the Razorcat!
    Thats 4000 in Bass Pro now...if he's right about going to the eliminations again, he'll come out on top if he keeps on beating them.

    Comment

    • cannon
      In Memoriam
      • Aug 2008
      • 8589

      Something I'll never understand...

      A golf instructor who refuses to change his grip. His career is teaching golfers to change their grip.

      Instructor: You should not hold your club like a bat. Hold it like this.

      Student: Just teach me how to hit farther not to change my grip.

      Having said that though. He is doing good so far.

      Does anyone know what the Navy guy who won the challenge does in the Navy?
      ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

      Comment

      • truthseeker
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 1546

        Originally posted by cannon
        Something I'll never understand...

        A golf instructor who refuses to change his grip. His career is teaching golfers to change their grip.

        Instructor: You should not hold your club like a bat. Hold it like this.

        Student: Just teach me how to hit farther not to change my grip.

        Having said that though. He is doing good so far.

        Does anyone know what the Navy guy who won the challenge does in the Navy?
        He is a SAR (Search and Rescue) swimmer. I thought I saw his rank insignia on his hat last night (E-5 Second Class Petty Officer although it could have been E-6 First Class Petty Officer).
        sigpic

        Comment

        • caldude
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2007
          • 1253

          Originally posted by Scratch705
          that macho man sniper dude is a douche. i hope he get eliminated next show.
          Yep - he's been Mr. Big Ego from the start. Doesn't like Jamie "because he doesn't know his background"? What kind of BS is that - he needs some kind of resume before he decides if he likes or respects you or not? I hope Jamie shows him up.

          Comment

          • Outta Control
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 2383

            Too bad there can not be a Jay vs George (snipa dude) on an elimination challenge.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
            George Orwell

            Comment

            • biloutkast
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 1550

              Yeah, he's a Douche. He kept saying 'I don't know what he does in the Navy'. Like he does anything himself.

              Originally posted by caldude
              Yep - he's been Mr. Big Ego from the start. Doesn't like Jamie "because he doesn't know his background"? What kind of BS is that - he needs some kind of resume before he decides if he likes or respects you or not? I hope Jamie shows him up.

              Comment

              • WraithAR
                Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 146

                If I was comfortable, confident, and decently accurate with my grip, I wouldn't change it during competition either. Besides, under stress, you will revert back to your regular grip than the one you just learned the day before anyways. Takes a while to learn a new grip/stance and get comfortable with it, for me.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum
                NRA Life Member

                Comment

                • Yellowneck86
                  Member
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 437

                  Why does George ever give me the impression that he tried out for the cast of jersey shore?
                  We live in a society full of cowards and snobs with irrational fears of inanimate objects.

                  Comment

                  • hunteran
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 575

                    Originally posted by WraithAR
                    If I was comfortable, confident, and decently accurate with my grip, I wouldn't change it during competition either. Besides, under stress, you will revert back to your regular grip than the one you just learned the day before anyways. Takes a while to learn a new grip/stance and get comfortable with it, for me.
                    To blow off instruction from pros like that is stupid and incredibly arrogant. JJ and Blake (as well as the retired SEAL on the episodes past) know how to shoot quickly and accurately. The grip that Jay was using isn't used anymore (and for good reason). They weren't trying to change his style, they WERE trying to get him to shoot faster and more accurately. Grip is very important. Gripping higher up on the gun reduces the lever arm between the bore axis and the grip (which in turn greatly reduces the flip of the muzzle). Not to mention using two hands on the grip increases overall control.

                    Comment

                    • 9mmepiphany
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 8075

                      I think you have to understand his golf instructor background. In golf, you don't make changes to your swing in or just before competition. It's the wrong time to try something new, you need to rely on what GOT YOU THERE. Practice sessions, not competition, are the places for swing changes and experimentation...It would be like a shooter chasing his hits (different from correcting for) during a competition. Under the stress of competition isn't the place you want to be making changes to your technique. He might not have said it well...maybe it was just edited like that...but what he was asking was that they show him how to shoot faster, using the grip he already had.

                      Jay has the uncanny ability to consistently adapt his technique to different weapons. They might not be the most efficient techniques, but he can perform them consistently and he isn't cracking under the pressure like some of the others....yes I am taking editing into account too.

                      Interesting sidebar: After the show wrapped, Jay took some instruction from both JJ and Chris Tilly and completely changed his grip to something more modern. His problem was that the first range master he approached about instruction...either didn't know how to instruct or was awed by his shooting ability...told him to just keep doing what he was doing, because he was hitting so well.

                      Sounds like a case of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" not working out so well
                      Last edited by 9mmepiphany; 03-09-2011, 11:18 AM.
                      ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                      Comment

                      • viet4lifeOC
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 4888

                        +1

                        I can't stand Jay, but he was right not changing his grip PRIOR to the elimination shoot off. He adapted well...glock was shooting low and left (IIRC) so he adjusted his sight picture.

                        Even the guy Jamie went against last night stated he reverted back to his normal
                        posture/grip due to stress.

                        Seriously, the Marines on the show are cocky and give a bad impression.

                        Comment

                        • jakuda
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 515

                          Originally posted by 9mmepiphany
                          I think you have to understand his golf instructor background. In golf, you don't make changes to your swing in or just before competition. It's the wrong time to try something new, you need to rely on what GOT YOU THERE. Practice sessions, not competition, are the places for swing changes and experimentation...It would be like a shooter chasing his hits (different from correcting for) during a competition. Under the stress of competition isn't the place you want to be making changes to your technique. He might not have said it well...maybe it was just edited like that...but what he was asking was that they show him how to shoot faster, using the grip he already had.............

                          Sounds like a case of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" not working out so well
                          +1.
                          The way it was edited, Eric listened to all the instruction during practice and changed his grip, but once the elim challenge started, he reverted to his old grips/habits (good or bad).
                          Now Jay could be a bit more diplomatic in receiving instruction, but I guess he's all about efficiency and doesn't want to lose practice time listening to things that he knows he will not implement during crunch time.
                          Love or hate the guy, he does perform during challenges.

                          Comment

                          • YourHuckleberry
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 880

                            Originally posted by swingcoach
                            Ha ha! Not your fault brotha'! It's the editors. My head only looks funny from the side
                            I gotta admit, I saw this thread and was stoked I was gonna be able to rip Jay a new @$$ hole, but after reading his posts and cementing what I suspected about editing, I'll cut the guy some slack, I guess he's not that bad.
                            Raising a glass to the Willie McBrides of the world
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • jakuda
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 515

                              Originally posted by viet4lifeOC
                              +1

                              I can't stand Jay, but he was right not changing his grip PRIOR to the elimination shoot off. He adapted well...glock was shooting low and left (IIRC) so he adjusted his sight picture.

                              Even the guy Jamie went against last night stated he reverted back to his normal
                              posture/grip due to stress.

                              Seriously, the Marines on the show are cocky and give a bad impression.
                              Probably the only Marine on this season who can back up his claims and reputation is Brian "Gunny" Zins. He confident for sure, but he doesn't seem to be cocky in front of the competitors. Maybe the competitors on this board and chime in with behind-the-scenes insight.

                              Comment

                              • johnthomas
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 7001

                                Way to much drama. I watched religiously last season but if I want
                                drama, I can watch a soap opera. I watched a repeat last night and when the crap started I changed it.
                                I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1