Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Progun Filipinos

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    migz808
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 20

    Originally posted by kalibear
    I was born in the PI as well and my dad was a police officer, his squad used to go after N.P.A. in the bukid (jungle) of Pampanga. His buddies used to bring their gear to our house when I was a kid and they would clean their guns and show them to me and the family. First time I've seen a grenade launcher. My dad used to confiscate weapons too I always get to play with them. He slept with a .38 under the pillow and we had a case of grenades in the closet. I felt very safe when he was around. New Years was the best, he would bring home the baby Armalite and let off a full mag in the backyard
    Kalibear, where are you from in Pampanga?

    Comment

    • #32
      fal_762x51
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • 2732

      What I'm not alone? You know the old saying, "Filipinos are great gunsmiths."
      sigpic

      Antelope Valley grown, now State of Jefferson transplant.

      Comment

      • #33
        Python2
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 906

        Originally posted by WokMaster1
        Isn't the Phillippines one of the more gun friendly countries in SE Asia? I remembered when I was there 20 years ago, it seems that almost everyone's dad has a shotgun/pistol.
        Yep, you can still say that today, from the very poor to the rich Dad. Only difference, they make better "Paltik" (homemade guns) nowadays for those who cannot afford American made. Also, there are now two local gunmakers Armscor and SAM that sell commercially. One even sells it here in the US.
        Pinoy Bwana

        Comment

        • #34
          Python2
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2006
          • 906

          Originally posted by Pokey
          I recently shot a 3 gun match with a squad that was mostly Phillipino (GREAT guys) and one of them mentioned that back in the Phillipines when they shoot a match they always save about 80 rounds or so to defend themselves on the way home if needed. Man, and I thought sitting in traffic on the way home was bad.
          Thats the way it is back there with all the robbery and carjacking. You will be surprise as to the number of people that pack.
          Pinoy Bwana

          Comment

          • #35
            kobra
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2006
            • 710

            Originally posted by phish
            balungong...

            balut: chicken embryo in the shell

            bagong: shrimp paste, instant blood pressure increase

            You're probably thinking about dinuguan. That's the stew using pork blood affectionately known as "chocolate meat". The aunties use that term to get the kids to eat it.

            "I tried to turn on the lamp, but it dinuguan."
            What about lumpias and halo-halo!!!

            Comment

            • #36
              WallySparx
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 967

              Originally posted by migz808
              Kalibear, where are you from in Pampanga?
              i'm not kalibear, but my folks are from pampanga, floridablanca in particular. i was born in long beach, but they always spoke to me in kapampangan, so that was my first language. then i went to public school and learned english without the help of esl programs or anything of that nature. sadly now i can still understand the language perfectly, but can't speak fluently.

              and the saddest part, they're antis . but, luckily my brother and i aren't.
              My iTrader ratings: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1887974

              Comment

              • #37
                Python2
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 906

                Never heard

                Originally posted by BigMac
                I could go for some balungong (sp??) blood stew..
                Balungong? Dang! never heard of that word before. Maybe you are talking about "Galungong" eh? In my heydays, we call it the "poor mans fish" as it was the cheapest fish in the market. Now, I kind of tend to call it the "rich mans fish" as the price went up so high the poor cant afford it anymore. Wonder if the poor still do it. The mother goes out and buy a piece of dried fish about the size of an anchovy we use for bait out here in Kali. Goes home in their little shack, hang the fish in the middle of where they eat. Their only staple and nothing else is a boiled rice mixed with crushed corn as they cannot afford pure rice. And generally eat with bare hand. One scoop of boiled rice to the mouth, the mother then say, OK my child smell the fish, not too much, leave some to your brother and for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. Its the equivalent of rice and adobo.
                Wait a minute......I think I saw this in one of Dolphy's movies.
                Pinoy Bwana

                Comment

                • #38
                  kalibear
                  Yo
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 604

                  Originally posted by migz808
                  Kalibear, where are you from in Pampanga?
                  Pare, kami po sa Angeles City yung tatay ko dati sa Porac nagtratrabaho. Diba Mayor si Lito Lapid ngayon?
                  "Want me to punch-i-size your face, for free?" ~ RF

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    norbs007
                    Member
                    • Jun 2006
                    • 492

                    I can't believe you guys haven't mention PAPAITAN (internal organs cooked with lots of ginger and some bile to make it bitter).

                    What can I say, if you are in the "can afford" side and got the connections you can pretty much get whatever gun you want. The last time I visited, I had a chance to handle an FN P90, Glock 18 and a Bushmaster M4. Talk about full-auto galore. Too bad that I didn't stay long enough to wait for my brother-in-law's H&K G36 to arrive. The only sad thing about buying these kind of guns back there is the price can be twice as the original.
                    Cool as a fool!

                    Rudy Project Shooting Squad
                    My Recent Video
                    Be My Facebook Friend

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      migz808
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 20

                      Originally posted by norbs007
                      What can I say, if you are in the "can afford" side and got the connections you can pretty much get whatever gun you want. The last time I visited, I had a chance to handle an FN P90, Glock 18 and a Bushmaster M4. Talk about full-auto galore. Too bad that I didn't stay long enough to wait for my brother-in-law's H&K G36 to arrive. The only sad thing about buying these kind of guns back there is the price can be twice as the original.
                      Actually the prices are cheaper in the Philippines. If you look at full auto pistols, sub MGs, rifles here you are talking about $3000 - $30K or more. Probably the semis are cheaper, but not full autos here in the USA. I was talking to a buddy over there and he was able to purchase a brand new full auto Norinco AK47 for 85,000 pesos which is equivalent to $1,700. If you are not picky and live in the barios or small provinces you can actually score a full auto Elisco AR15 or M16A1s for around 15,000 to 35,000 pesos about $300 to $700.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        asintado
                        Member
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 450

                        Originally posted by norbs007
                        I can't believe you guys haven't mention PAPAITAN (internal organs cooked with lots of ginger and some bile to make it bitter).

                        What can I say, if you are in the "can afford" side and got the connections you can pretty much get whatever gun you want. The last time I visited, I had a chance to handle an FN P90, Glock 18 and a Bushmaster M4. Talk about full-auto galore. Too bad that I didn't stay long enough to wait for my brother-in-law's H&K G36 to arrive. The only sad thing about buying these kind of guns back there is the price can be twice as the original.
                        Can anyone say chicharon butuka or chicharon bulaklak! Yeah baby, those are the bomb.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Dont Tread on Me

                          Just finished my fried rice breakfast. I'm lucky enough to have married into a Filipino family and yes there is a strong appreciation of how ineffective an unarmed populous is. I'm also amazed by the food and that it has not caught on the same way as other food from the area.

                          The only downside of being married to a Filipina is that she shoots my guns better than I do.
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-04-2006, 10:17 AM.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            marklbucla
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 914

                            My Filipina wife's family is pro-gun. Or I should say that they're not anti at least.

                            One of her uncles had a bunch of full auto stuff- M14s, M16, etc. back home and her dad was wondering about getting a handgun for his "Per-Meet tu Ca-Ri."

                            Here she is with my Ruger PC9.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              bonjing
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 963

                              Originally posted by marklbucla

                              "Per-Meet tu Ca-Ri."


                              dat one ish da bery bad jokes

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                223Devil
                                Member
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 247

                                ?

                                just another Pinoy checking in here.

                                My grandma received her first shotgun from her father when she was 12 years old. She used to tell me stories on how they hid the guns in large containers of rice from the Japanese in WW2. She is going to be 99 this year. Hell yea she is progun too.

                                Also my cousins born in the US are not progun as their parents were.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1