Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Defending Property During a Riot?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    KrisDSA
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 2850

    Originally posted by dobek
    It's so simple - post a sign that says "Work Boots for sale" - I guarantee those rioters don' t want anything to do with those

    Steve
    I see what you did there
    WildLeaks.org -
    Former Professional Strangler and Shooting Champ

    Comment

    • #77
      The Gleam
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2011
      • 13465

      Originally posted by Bullets&Whitewalls
      You can't protect your property with deadly force.
      But if I'm standing on my roof, and someone appears as if they are about to set fire to my home, I am considering that as attempted murder by arson - if they set fire to the lower portion of my house, I will not be able to escape; and in fear of my life, that person holding the torch had better think twice.

      In the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Rifle, Torch - Rifle beats Torch.
      -----------------------------------------------
      Originally posted by Librarian
      What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

      If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

      Comment

      • #78
        advocatusdiaboli
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2009
        • 5521

        Originally posted by The Gleam
        But if I'm standing on my roof, and someone appears as if they are about to set fire to my home, I am considering that as attempted murder by arson - if they set fire to the lower portion of my house, I will not be able to escape; and in fear of my life, that person holding the torch had better think twice.

        In the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Rifle, Torch - Rifle beats Torch.
        If people are in a situation where it is reasonable to assume the fire will directly put live in jeopardy you have no other way to stop them I would think that falls under jsutificable use of deadly force.

        However, remember two things:

        1. shooting criminals for any reason (even sometimes by police) is a wrongful act and will be prosecuted in Kalifornistan because that is more heinous to them than being a criminal and most criminal acts haven't been fully committed when you shoot so you'll be blamed. Now if they kill you or someone else, well then you can shoot them.

        2. jury pools are drawn from people and you thought there are a lot of perp-friendly people in Ferguson, NYC, Baltimore, who would love to lynch you, you just wait until you are tried in Kalifornistan
        Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA, CGN Contributor, US Army Veteran, Black Ribbon in Memoriam for the deceased 2nd Amendment
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #79
          APV
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 620

          Originally posted by windrunner
          That's why it is important for you to get a lawyer that ABSOLUTELY knows how to articulate your case.
          sure, if you can afford such. If not than hire a cheap one that charges a flat rate while handling 10 cases at a time. A good lawyer is really crucial for such cases but I bet for many on this thread such expenses would be a real challenge.
          Last edited by APV; 05-02-2015, 10:35 AM.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #80
            .45 ACP
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2014
            • 1545

            Originally posted by omgwtfbbq
            Then you have your computer records subpoenaed and they see this post....
            see this is the pussification I'm talking about. Guys like this who are worried about their computer being taken by police when his family is about to get set on fire.

            Unreal
            The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

            Comment

            • #81
              MrPlink
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2010
              • 12532

              There's some good info in this thread. There is also a lot of horrible advice and misinformation.

              Your best bet is to have a chat with an attorney if you want to know what the limit and scope of property defense is in CA.
              The California Moderate Centrist Militia member in exile

              disclaimer:
              everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice

              Comment

              • #82
                BigPimping
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2010
                • 21487

                Just move away from inner cities. As far as you can. Unless you live in Texas. Problem solved.
                sigpic

                PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                Don't let your history be a mystery

                Comment

                • #83
                  Southwest Chuck
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 1942

                  Originally posted by advocatusdiaboli
                  You are full of it. Giving us a 20:20 hindsight scenario and whining on how the intruders were the victim. Your point of view disgusts me because you'd have us all give the benefit of the doubt and wait and it would cost many innocent lives at the hands of intruders, the majority of who know exactly what they are doing and it isn't innocent and harmless either.

                  They broke into property with unknown intent and capability: the ultimate truth you spout later doesn't matter!

                  A scared resident in THEIR home or property is facing an intruder whose motives, capabilities, and mindset is UNKNOWABLE to them and they have SPLIT SECOND to decide if they are a threat to their lives. Guess wrong and you are in the morgue.

                  Let me say that again for emphasis: Whose motives, capabilities, and mindset is UNKNOWABLE and no time to find out despite your after the fact story.

                  People should stay the heck out of other people's property uninvited or face safety measures.

                  Your right to life and freedom stops when you enter my property uninvited with unclear capabilities and motivations and I have to decide in a split second if you are a threat.

                  Don't like that hand dealt to you? Stay the F*CK out of my house or place of business when it is closed and don't enter without invitation or permission in the dark of night.

                  I might shoot or not shoot on my discretion, but that is MY CHOICE AND MY RIGHT TO LIFE AND LIBERTY and not yours to tell me after the fact.
                  Great post and I agree 100% :thunbsup:

                  Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq
                  Then you have your computer records subpoenaed and they see this post....
                  Originally posted by .45 ACP
                  see this is the pussification I'm talking about. Guys like this who are worried about their computer being taken by police when his family is about to get set on fire.

                  Unreal
                  Yup
                  Originally posted by Southwest Chuck
                  I am humbled at the efforts of so many Patriots on this and other forums, CGN, CGF, SAF, NRA, CRPF, MDS etc. etc. I am lucky to be living in an era of a new awakening of the American Spirit; One that embraces it's Constitutional History, and it's Founding Fathers vision, especially in an age of such uncertainty that we are now in.
                  Originally posted by toby
                  Go cheap you will always have cheap and if you sell, it will sell for even cheaper. Buy the best you can every time.
                  ^^^ Wise Man. Take his advice

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    SVT-40
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 12907

                    Here is some great advice.....

                    Use a .22 rifle. They are relatively quiet, have a large mag capacity and best of all the crooks will hurriedly exit the area and the bodies won't pile up in front of your location.
                    Poke'm with a stick!


                    Originally posted by fiddletown
                    What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      Packy14
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 5312

                      Originally posted by capitol
                      During a riot a real bad *** would be using a bow and arrow.
                      Daryl would
                      NRA Lifetime Member

                      1A-2A = -1A

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        GW
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2004
                        • 16078

                        Originally posted by Bullets&Whitewalls
                        True there are other options I agree, but if the guns already out and your choice is to beat someone with it.........
                        Well, my point is you have other options.
                        If its some drunken A-hole busting into your home then cracking his head, be it with a butt-stroke from your gun or with a club or whatever, may be a lot less legal/civil trouble for you than shooting him.
                        If you truly fear for your life then shoot the SOB till he stops.
                        sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          Steve_In_29
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 5682

                          Originally posted by .45 ACP
                          see this is the pussification I'm talking about. Guys like this who are worried about their computer being taken by police when his family is about to get set on fire.

                          Unreal
                          No the "unreal" part is when a person (who doesn't want to seem like a small-furry-animal) can't understand how posting his plans to kill people on a public forum, WILL come back to haunt him if he in fact ever carries it out.

                          By doing so you have now gone from "fearing for your life" (a pass in court) to "premeditated" (trip to jail). Just as the guy that laid in wait for the kids who had been repeatedly burglarizing his property found out. His admission of pre-planning put the lie to his claim of fearing for his life and landed him in jail for murder.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            drifts1
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 1443

                            Riot or no riot, I will protect my property as is my right. I will only use deadly force if I feel my life is in danger not necessarily my property. So hopefully the bg doesn't escalate things because I dont want to hurt anyone.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              adamjay
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2010
                              • 1400

                              This thread really makes me want to move.
                              'The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.'

                              -Abraham Lincoln

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                .45 ACP
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2014
                                • 1545

                                Originally posted by Steve_In_29
                                No the "unreal" part is when a person (who doesn't want to seem like a small-furry-animal) can't understand how posting his plans to kill people on a public forum, WILL come back to haunt him if he in fact ever carries it out.

                                By doing so you have now gone from "fearing for your life" (a pass in court) to "premeditated" (trip to jail). Just as the guy that laid in wait for the kids who had been repeatedly burglarizing his property found out. His admission of pre-planning put the lie to his claim of fearing for his life and landed him in jail for murder.
                                Another example of what I'm talking about. This guy thinks defending your family from a mob about to burn your family alive is akin to "premeditated murder". You can't make this up people, it's insane to me the indoctrination they've accepted from liberal politicians and al sharpton. This is the California pussification effect in full force. These are the types I don't want around me in a SHTF situation, they will hesitate and allow your position to be compromised and overrun or completely set ablaze with your family inside.

                                On a positive note these guys will usually get killed first in a mob type SHTF situation, so you won't have to worry about them for long anyway.

                                Glad I haven't been affected. Any mob with molotovs or incendiaries looking to burn anything I'm inside of is getting precise return fire with lethal intent as long as I'm still breathing or not mortally injured.
                                Last edited by .45 ACP; 05-03-2015, 7:09 AM.
                                The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1