Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Defending Property During a Riot?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • .45 ACP
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 1545

    Originally posted by omgwtfbbq
    I would use whatever force was necessary to end the threat.
    End the threat?!!! That's pretty darn aggressive. You better watch out, the CIA may want to take your computer.
    The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

    Comment

    • .45 ACP
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2014
      • 1545

      Originally posted by Steve_In_29

      No where did the OP mention them in his question. You and others added that in to justify your boasting about how willing you are to start shooting people.
      Who was boasting? Does it really bother you that someone is willing to use lethal force to defend their family? I clearly said in MY ORIGINAL post that if me or my family are threatened I'm dropping bodies aka ending the threat(s). Who gives a **** about some post I never made which you continually try to go back as if that's going to make any pertinent point to what I'm actually talking about. But since you may be a little mentally slow (I don't judge), let me repeat it for you again. If me or my family are threatened by a mob during a riot, I have two choices. I can attempt to run, or I can attempt to fight. Sure, if you're 300 yards away from a business and I see the rioters setting fire to my home or business building, what can you do? But more than likely, you will be very close to or occupying the building in question and if a rioter forcibly tries to enter either by physical force or tries to burn you out using incendiaries as they have done in many riots, you have two choices; run or fight. In fact I can't think of many scenarios where you can actually defend a building you own (home or business), and you're NOT inside of it, unless you are randomly passing by just as a rioter flings a molotov onto the roof or some other rare contrarian fantasy scenario like that. You can continue to act and play ignorant and act like rioters will play nice as long as you wave nicely to them as they pass by your home or business, but I leave the fantasies for the children, and prefer reality like an adult.

      Regardless, you've let me know exactly where your heart is in the matter and that's okay. Some people are simply not cut out to stand up for themselves, and let others do it for them. Some people will defend themselves, some people will look up Penal codes on their smart phone, while desperately dialing 911 over and over again. That's okay, I won't judge the weak.
      Last edited by .45 ACP; 05-04-2015, 9:05 AM.
      The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

      Comment

      • Packy14
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2008
        • 5312

        Originally posted by .45 ACP
        Who was boasting? Does it really bother you that someone is willing to use lethal force to defend their family? I clearly said in MY ORIGINAL post that if me or my family are threatened I'm dropping bodies aka ending the threat(s). Who gives a **** about some post I never made which you continually try to go back as if that's going to make any pertinent point to what I'm actually talking about. But since you may be a little mentally slow (I don't judge), let me repeat it for you again. If me or my family are threatened by a mob during a riot, I have two choices. I can attempt to run, or I can attempt to fight. Sure, if you're 300 yards away from a business and I see the rioters setting fire to my home or business building, what can you do? But more than likely, you will be very close to or occupying the building in question and if a rioter forcibly tries to enter either by physical force or tries to burn you out using incendiaries as they have done in many riots, you have two choices; run or fight. In fact I can't think of many scenarios where you can actually defend a building you own (home or business), and you're NOT inside of it, unless you are randomly passing by just as a rioter flings a molotov onto the roof or some other rare contrarian fantasy scenario like that. You can continue to act and play ignorant and act like rioters will play nice as long as you wave nicely to them as they pass by your home or business, but I leave the fantasies for the children, and prefer reality like an adult.

        Regardless, you've let me know exactly where your heart is in the matter and that's okay. Some people are simply not cut out to stand up for themselves, and let others do it for them. Some people will defend themselves, some people will look up Penal codes on their smart phone, while desperately dialing 911 over and over again. That's okay, I won't judge the weak.

        I don't know Steve but I doubt he is going to desperately keep dialing 911 in a situation as you described. Your a joke.
        NRA Lifetime Member

        1A-2A = -1A

        Comment

        • Packy14
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2008
          • 5312

          Originally posted by omgwtfbbq
          How cute, which one is gleam and which is .45... My hunch is that's gleam talking and .45 doing the camera work (.45 is too high speed low drag to be filmed).
          NRA Lifetime Member

          1A-2A = -1A

          Comment

          • .45 ACP
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2014
            • 1545

            Speaking of love connections, I'm glad you found your soul mate Packy. Now you two can browse youtube videos together. Cute!
            The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

            Comment

            • .45 ACP
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2014
              • 1545

              Originally posted by Packy14
              I don't know Steve but I doubt he is going to desperately keep dialing 911 in a situation as you described. Your a joke.
              I think you meant "You're" a joke.

              I don't understand why "your" feelings are so hurt that you've resorted to looking at youtube videos and trying to imagine me in them. Did I hurt your feelings somewhere in this thread?

              Glad I could help!
              Last edited by .45 ACP; 05-04-2015, 9:29 AM.
              The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

              Comment

              • Packy14
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2008
                • 5312

                Originally posted by .45 ACP
                I think you meant "You're" a joke.

                I don't understand why "your" feelings are so hurt that you've resorted to looking at youtube videos and trying to imagine me in them. Did I hurt your feelings somewhere in this thread?

                Glad I could help!
                I didn't find the video, keep up .45, I know it's tough but overcome.
                NRA Lifetime Member

                1A-2A = -1A

                Comment

                • .45 ACP
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 1545

                  Originally posted by Packy14
                  I didn't find the video, keep up .45, I know it's tough but overcome.
                  Dang passing the buck and ditching your brother in arms so quickly? But you guys worked so well together, playing story time and imagining scenarios about me and Gleam. Well, I know someone who I wouldn't trust further than I could throw them in a SHTF situation.
                  The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

                  Comment

                  • omgwtfbbq
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 3445

                    Originally posted by .45 ACP
                    End the threat?!!! That's pretty darn aggressive. You better watch out, the CIA may want to take your computer.
                    You're obfuscating.
                    "Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt

                    Originally posted by rmorris7556
                    They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.

                    Comment

                    • AceGirlsHusband
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 2651

                      OP, there are some things you just don't need to ask about. If it happens, you'll know what to do.

                      Comment

                      • Packy14
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 5312

                        Originally posted by .45 ACP
                        Dang passing the buck and ditching your brother in arms so quickly? But you guys worked so well together, playing story time and imagining scenarios about me and Gleam. Well, I know someone who I wouldn't trust further than I could throw them in a SHTF situation.
                        He didn't find it either. Maybe look up a few spots on the thread and figure that out genius.
                        NRA Lifetime Member

                        1A-2A = -1A

                        Comment

                        • .45 ACP
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2014
                          • 1545

                          omgwtfbbq is not your bro? This could get awkward. I don't want to get involved in this lover's quarrel. I'll let you two figure it out. Later guys.
                          The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

                          Comment

                          • omgwtfbbq
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 3445

                            Originally posted by .45 ACP
                            omgwtfbbq is not your bro? This could get awkward. I don't want to get involved in this lover's quarrel. I'll let you two figure it out. Later guys.
                            Everyone has their own way of admitting defeat.
                            "Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt

                            Originally posted by rmorris7556
                            They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.

                            Comment

                            • Keith4him
                              Member
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 393

                              Originally posted by SactoDoug
                              With all of these riots going on, it has me thinking about what would I do if there was a riot in my neighborhood. Then it had me wondering what can I do during a riot?

                              I saw mentioned in one story a shopkeeper standing in front of his store in Baltimore with a shotgun. I know during the LA riots, some Korean shopkeepers protected their stores with rifles on the rooftops.

                              As far as I know, there are no exceptions to the open carry laws even during a riot. Is this a case where law enforcement will understand and not charge you? Or should you expect to be prosecuted afterwards?

                              For the sake of argument, lets say someone is brazen enough to try to break your windows and steal your things right in front of you as you are holding a shotgun. What do you do then? Would it matter if you are in front of your house or your business?
                              Not sure of the laws regarding Business owners, but typically can't shoot someone for stealing stuff, of course if you can proved that a person was trying to harm your person or was armed then I think your justified.

                              Comment

                              • hambam105
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jan 2013
                                • 7083

                                Think with your feet and your suitcase.

                                How much time are you going to spend with the family and how money in that retirement pension do you think you're going to enjoy in San Quentin?

                                I have a healthy respect for a few men who calculated the penalties & possibility of civil unrest and left California soon afterwards without remorse or excuse.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1