Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Winchester M-22 ammo sucks!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Sabby
    Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 460

    M22 works fine in my M&P15 22 shoots clean & shot well.....some feeding issues in the Ruger SR22 but still shot good except a lot of smoke... no issues on the up-graded 10/22.. just not a consistent grouping and dirty action afterwards ...marlin 60 did well with it and again just not a consistent grouping less smoke and burnt better


    I would keep using it in my/wife's M&P15-22 that had no cycling problems or feeding and went were I wanted it to as well as not cluttering up the action really bad

    Comment

    • #17
      Gottmituns
      Banned
      • Oct 2012
      • 763

      Stay away from the M-22's.

      Comment

      • #18
        Content Kitty
        Banned
        • Nov 2013
        • 184

        Originally posted by Gottmituns
        Stay away from the M-22's.
        Thank you for the comment. Can you please expand on why? Would just like more info. Thanks

        Comment

        • #19
          samrob77
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 1432

          They've always been good to me in a variety of semi auto rifles and pistols. Im curious where you bought a box of 500 since I've always purchased them in a lot of 1k.

          Comment

          • #20
            morrcarr67
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2010
            • 15053

            Well there are several members here that like it:

            Originally posted by Hdawg
            My 10/22, Buckmark, and my son's Marlin 795 all feed it well. Accuracy is ok and it is a little dirty. As reliable as Minimags for me, but not (quite) as accurate. If your guns don't like them I'm sure you can sell them for enough to get something that does work in your guns.
            Originally posted by dyson
            My 10/22 loves it
            Originally posted by tal3nt
            It's good ammo! My 10/22, SR22P, and 22/45 eat it up No ProblemO
            Originally posted by SonofWWIIDI
            My buckmark contour loves it, as does my friends ruger 22/45, and the S&W that kinda looks like the ruger (can't remember the model #).
            Originally posted by Fishslayer
            It's very accurate in my 10/22. Picked up 500 rds of it & really had no intention of buying more but the 40gr solids seem to work really well. Grabbed another 1K rounds yesterday.

            It's a no go in the wife's Mosquito, tho. Makes it a singles shot.
            Originally posted by glennbtw
            Worked fine in a Ruger MKIII 22-45, 10-22, and Marlin 795
            and a few that don't

            Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

            Originally posted by Erion929

            Comment

            • #21
              morrcarr67
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2010
              • 15053

              Originally posted by samrob77
              They've always been good to me in a variety of semi auto rifles and pistols. Im curious where you bought a box of 500 since I've always purchased them in a lot of 1k.
              I have seen some online vendors selling them in 500 lots. Not cool if you ask me because the 500 box doesn't have a UPC code and was never meant to sold that way.
              Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

              Originally posted by Erion929

              Comment

              • #22
                rromeo
                Calguns Addict
                • Sep 2009
                • 6981

                The Winchester site mentions that they're only sold in 1,000 double packs.
                Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

                - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
                (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

                Comment

                • #23
                  INFAMOUS762X39
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 1458

                  Originally posted by SmallShark
                  woot, almost bought those. i guess i will stick with cci mini-mag

                  the 36 grain hollowpoint has been good for my stock 10/22, then kidd barrel, and my Mark III competition.
                  Almost bought some too, never shot M-22. Glad I went with my gut instinct on this one.

                  Thanks for the heads up OP.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Paperchasin
                    YOU are next!!
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 6407

                    Im glad I never bought any of this ammo. Im always skeptical of 22lr ammo sold in bulk boxes.
                    Feedback: https://imgur.com/a/mkdPdnQ

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Dannicus
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 2577

                      Wonder if it's gone to crap since the run on .22lr. I did buy mine in 2011.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        choaderboy2
                        Junior Member
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 66

                        Funny thing is I don't have a bit of trouble with Super X. If you google it, there are totally mixed reviews of the stuff. People either love it and say it's clean burning or hate it. I could not find anyone who had something like this happen. Perhaps with all the shortages, their is a lapse in QA and there are several different formulas of M22 that Winchester is producing? Anyone want to buy 1500 rounds? I have never had any trouble with CCI products. I normally run minimags through my .22's but it is hard to get nowadays and I have to settle for anything for family fun days.
                        NRA Life Member, Calguns Supporter

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Izzy43
                          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 2670

                          Originally posted by Paperchasin
                          Im glad I never bought any of this ammo. Im always skeptical of 22lr ammo sold in bulk boxes.
                          Smart man! I don't waste my time or $$$ on bulk since target/match ammo ain't that much more and never, ever have issues with it, lots more accurate. Its a lesson that only time can teach, you get what you pay for. I would rather shoot a box of $10/50 ammo and go home with a smile on my face than shoot a box of 550 bulk and be disappointed in the accuracy. Of course as always different strokes for different folks.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Izzy43
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 2670

                            Seems you are not alone with the M-22 Problems.

                            I bought a few 500 round boxes and I regret it. My family took out our .22's today for some fun and I decided to shoot my stash of M-22. We had our 3 10/22's one with a Kidd Barrel, one with a Volquartsen and one stock stainless barrel. We also had a MKIII pistol. We were noticing that the M-22...

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              choaderboy2
                              Junior Member
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 66

                              Now days I can't be picky with ammo. It's hard enough just getting it.
                              NRA Life Member, Calguns Supporter

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                choaderboy2
                                Junior Member
                                • Oct 2013
                                • 66

                                Originally posted by Izzy43
                                Seems you are not alone with the M-22 Problems.

                                http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=527335
                                Oh that's me. Posted there as well to warn people. See the screen name!
                                NRA Life Member, Calguns Supporter

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1