Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tmphoto
    Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 107

    First post here. Had a lot of fun with this target. Tried it three times before I shot something worth looking at.

    I am not sure I scored this properly, but I came up with 54. Those two hostages I nicked might have lived.... lol They made a big difference, could have been over 85 points.

    Moral of the story... It sucks to be a hostage.


    Last edited by tmphoto; 04-27-2013, 12:19 PM.

    Comment

    • usmcchet9296
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Feb 2008
      • 1834

      Here are mine for this month
      first 25 yard irons ......PERFECT SCORE 132

      4-26-13 (4) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
      Next up 50 Irons score 128

      4-26-13 (3) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
      Next 50 irons with a pathetic score of 60... well my CZ wasn't being cooperative

      4-26-13 (2) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
      Lastly 100 irons score 49

      4-26-13 (1) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
      well that's all for this month
      John P. Hermesmeyer
      U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
      Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
      sigpic
      Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
      In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

      Comment

      • Lazyme
        Member
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Apr 2011
        • 669

        I was afraid of one of you guys posting that 132. Damn.

        Nice shootin!
        Weeeeeeeee

        Comment

        • usmcchet9296
          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
          • Feb 2008
          • 1834

          Originally posted by Lazyme
          I was afraid of one of you guys posting that 132. Damn.

          Nice shootin!

          Thanks Tim
          John P. Hermesmeyer
          U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
          Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
          sigpic
          Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
          In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

          Comment

          • sando
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 567

            Wow great job on the perfect score! It's one of those things that looks so damn easy but there's alot more to it than you think even at 25y.

            Comment

            • rm1911
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 4073

              Bleh. Not my best score. Kinda rushed for time. Snuck out for an early morning shoot. Tried different ammo. Went with federal bulk. Turned out to be not as accurate as yellow jackets in the 10/22. Hoping to find an hour in the next two days.

              Btw. Usmcchet, what's your rifle/sight combo? That's impressive!!



              Here's to next month. May the RF gods smile on us all. And some more than others
              NRA Life Member since 1990

              They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

              Comment

              • usmcchet9296
                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                • Feb 2008
                • 1834

                Originally posted by rm1911
                Btw. Usmcchet, what's your rifle/sight combo? That's impressive!!
                CMP Kimber 82G
                John P. Hermesmeyer
                U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                sigpic
                Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                Comment

                • 10xhobby
                  Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 408

                  More April Match

                  Went to Sac Valley to shoot some outdoor targets, it was a great day and I had a lot of fun.

                  25 yard irons 126
                  50 yard irons 94
                  50 yard scoped 40 the hostages had a rough day wow
                  100 yard irons 39
                  25 yard pistol bench rest 107











                  I was very pleased with the old Mossberg S42 M with iron sights, it was working great, but my scoped gun was crap, I was having a lot of problems with the bullet not going where it was aimed. No excuses but that is the gun is the one that I want to replace anyway. Sorry about the hostages I have one more target to shoot 100 yard scoped one night this week.
                  Last edited by 10xhobby; 07-11-2013, 3:59 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Izzy43
                    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 2670

                    A fun, long day shooting. Wind in my area has been up almost the whole month and its been difficult to get out and shoot. Since it is near the end of the month I went out today and shot in a 5-15 mph varying wind. Spent a lot of time waiting for the wind to subside between shots.

                    Here's the results.

                    All shot with CZ ULtraLux and Wolf MT
                    100yd Irons-Score 43
                    50yd Irons -Score 122 (Edit: score is 121)
                    25yd Irons -Score 131 (Target indicates 132 but actual is 131, math error)

                    Shot with Kimber 82g/Weaver T-24
                    50yd Scoped - Score 73 (headshot one hostage)

                    Shot with Savage BTVS and Hornady .17HMR V-max/Vortex Viper 6.5-20X
                    100yd Scoped - Score 80

                    Shot with S&W 22A-1 Pistol/TRS-25 Red Dot and SK Pistol Match
                    25yd Benchrest -Score 74
                    25yd Offhand -Score 86
                    15yd Benchrest -Score 104
                    15yd Offhand -Score 63 ( I need a lot of work here, lower right hole on the "MAR" was the 5th shot on the upper bull, sounded like it only had primer, no powder)

                    I also shot the 100yd Irons with the Kimber set up but the wind was really moving the .22lr bullet around, horrible results so anyone who says the .17HMR is not as good in the wind as a .22lr is blowin smoke.

                    Targets

















                    Last edited by Izzy43; 04-29-2013, 7:19 AM. Reason: Corrected 50yd iron sight score

                    Comment

                    • 10xhobby
                      Member
                      • May 2012
                      • 408

                      That's a lot of shooting, nice job. I was wondering if you were going to post any more targets.

                      Comment

                      • Izzy43
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 2670

                        Originally posted by 10xhobby
                        That's a lot of shooting, nice job. I was wondering if you were going to post any more targets.
                        I was getting pretty "eye weary" near the end. Shot for 4 hours. Lots of other issues this month, just couldn't get out very much but the flooring is all in and looks great.

                        Comment

                        • usmcchet9296
                          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 1834

                          I dont care what you say Izzy your .17HMR is hard to beat at 100
                          John P. Hermesmeyer
                          U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                          Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                          sigpic
                          Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                          In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                          Comment

                          • snorky
                            Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 254

                            Wow, lots of good shooting. Wish I could get out and shoot another 50yd

                            Comment

                            • Izzy43
                              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 2670

                              Originally posted by usmcchet9296
                              I dont care what you say Izzy your .17HMR is hard to beat at 100
                              About as hard to beat as your 50/100yd Irons with that Kimger 82G, good shooting by the way but once in a while the blind squirrel finds the acorn. It's all fun and keeps me out of the bars.

                              Comment

                              • usmcchet9296
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 1834

                                Originally posted by Izzy43
                                About as hard to beat as your 50/100yd Irons with that Kimger 82G, good shooting by the way but once in a while the blind squirrel finds the acorn. It's all fun and keeps me out of the bars.
                                Ha ha
                                John P. Hermesmeyer
                                U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                                Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                                sigpic
                                Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                                In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1