Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lazyme
    Member
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2011
    • 669

    Cujo, where did you get that gauge from?
    Weeeeeeeee

    Comment

    • Cujo
      Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 224

      Originally posted by Lazyme
      Cujo, where did you get that gauge from?
      I purchased that one from a place called Hughes Precision Products for $6.00 shipped. Here is some more info:





      * You can also purchase one from the NRA at (800) 336-7402. The 22LR scoring gauge is item #17230. They also make one for .17 caliber.
      Last edited by Cujo; 11-03-2013, 6:18 PM. Reason: Added NRA scoring gauge info.

      Comment

      • Lazyme
        Member
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Apr 2011
        • 669

        Thank you!
        Weeeeeeeee

        Comment

        • sando
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 567

          Originally posted by 10xhobby
          Way to go Sando !! good job.
          Thanks, buddy! I'll see you in the winner's circle soon...

          Comment

          • Lazyme
            Member
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Apr 2011
            • 669

            Shot 3 per bull on the 25Y Rifle Aperture.

            Weeeeeeeee

            Comment

            • speedrrracer
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2011
              • 3355

              Only 1 target to enter; not sure how to score it. Cujo seemed to give 12 pts for the center, but I thought this target was 10. I'll do it both ways, and you can pick whichever is appropriate. If I made any mistakes in scoring, please let me know.

              50 yards
              Score: 117 or 98
              VQ Fusion
              un-magnified red dot (Eotech EXPS-2)
              .17 hmr Winchester Varmint HV 17gr BT

              12 + 12+ 12 + (2 * 9) + 2 = 56 or 10 + 10 + 10 + (2 * 7) + 2 = 46

              and

              (4 * 12) + 10 + 3 = 61 or (4 * 10) + 9 + 3 = 52



              I actually went to the range with my .22 pistol, 22LR rifle, and the 17hmr (hardest part was lugging everything around). I shot every target for this month's competition in each division. Lovely, except I shot them all incorrectly, except this single example If it didn't say, "5 shots per bullseye" right on the frickin' paper I'm sure I would have botched this one, too.
              Didn't shoot the 50 or 100 scoped targets enough times. Shot the wrong targets for the pistol. Next time, I print the bloody instructions from the OP.

              Still, always fun to get out there
              Last edited by speedrrracer; 11-10-2013, 3:47 PM.

              Comment

              • TCWriter
                Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 108

                It's been a while since I last posted a target here, but adding rugrat #2 to the family -- and taking up action pistol -- can do that.

                I have few illusions about the ultimate success of this 100 yard target in the competition, but because I had a Saturday morning free, I dragged along my Savage Mk II TR to my pistol practice and put some rounds through it for the only the third time this year.

                Anyway, here are the particulars:

                Savage MK II TR
                SK Standard Plus .22LR (same as Wolf Match, I believe)
                Millett 4x16 TR-1 optic
                Cheap Caldwell bipod, sandsock style rear rest

                I got to the range early -- when it was calm -- but foolishly shot the Glock first. By the time I got to the rifle it was a little windy. First target was awful, but this and the third were about the same. A 1.25" group is nothing to get excited about. Maybe next it gets better.

                Good luck to all the competitors,
                TC

                Comment

                • Cujo
                  Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 224

                  Originally posted by speedrrracer
                  Cujo seemed to give 12 pts for the center, but I thought this target was 10.
                  Yes, you are right. The center of the 50-yard irons target is 10 as per the rules in the OP. I'll go back and correct my score.
                  Last edited by Cujo; 11-11-2013, 5:50 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Izzy43
                    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 2670

                    Originally posted by TCWriter
                    It's been a while since I last posted a target here, but adding rugrat #2 to the family -- and taking up action pistol -- can do that.

                    I have few illusions about the ultimate success of this 100 yard target in the competition, but because I had a Saturday morning free, I dragged along my Savage Mk II TR to my pistol practice and put some rounds through it for the only the third time this year.

                    Anyway, here are the particulars:

                    Savage MK II TR
                    SK Standard Plus .22LR (same as Wolf Match, I believe)
                    Millett 4x16 TR-1 optic
                    Cheap Caldwell bipod, sandsock style rear rest

                    I got to the range early -- when it was calm -- but foolishly shot the Glock first. By the time I got to the rifle it was a little windy. First target was awful, but this and the third were about the same. A 1.25" group is nothing to get excited about. Maybe next it gets better.

                    Good luck to all the competitors,
                    TC

                    Good shooting. Your score is 113, 110 + 3 shots touching in the lower right of the X circle.

                    Comment

                    • 10xhobby
                      Member
                      • May 2012
                      • 408

                      any news on the points ?????

                      Comment

                      • Izzy43
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 2670

                        Originally posted by 10xhobby
                        any news on the points ?????
                        Soon, been dealing with some medical issues.

                        Comment

                        • usmcchet9296
                          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 1834

                          Heres mine for the month
                          25 irons score 160

                          11-14-13 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

                          50 irons score 121

                          11-14-13 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
                          50 scoped 174

                          11-14-13 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
                          John P. Hermesmeyer
                          U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                          Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                          sigpic
                          Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                          In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                          Comment

                          • Izzy43
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 2670

                            Year to Date Scores to Nov 1, 2013

                            Attached is the year to date scores for all shooters through November 1, 2013.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Izzy43; 11-16-2013, 8:44 PM.

                            Comment

                            • Flyin Brian
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 3395

                              November Rimfire match

                              Here are some targets for the November match that I shot today. Both are Aperture Irons, one at 50 and one at 100 yards.



                              NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

                              I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

                              Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
                              I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

                              Comment

                              • sando
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • 567

                                Here's my pistol entries for Nov.
                                15y Pistol Offhand - 90


                                25y Pistol Offhand - 73

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1