Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 10xhobby
    Member
    • May 2012
    • 408

    Originally posted by peterabbits
    Yesterday I picked up this months contender, a new to me mossberg 151m-b complete with all original parts, only missing the front sight hood. Ordered a replacement hood from numrich last night, can't wait for the final part to arrive and get this out on the range. Hopefully this weekend, depending on how year end physical inventory goes on Friday.
    Nice !!! That will be a great rifle.I have been shooting an old Mossberg S 42 M in the rimfire matches with peep sights and it is a very nice shooter with good ammo. You will have fun with your new addition.

    Comment

    • Cujo
      Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 224

      On this one rifle, I've just been shooting the 25-yard target (iron sights/aperture) because that's the distance I had it zeroed at. As we were leaving the range a couple weeks ago, one of my friends had a large "Shoot-N-See" target set up at 50-yards. I decided to fire 5 shots at it and see how low I'd be hitting out of curiosity. It came out to right around 1" using SK Magazine (std velocity).

      I decided to try out the 50-yard target today. Each click on my rear sight is 2.5mm. Since I was shooting an inch low, the adjustment would be 9-10 clicks. The first 5 shots at the bull were in the 10 as well as the second set of 5. I couldn't see it so my friend Tim was telling me that they were all in the 10. . .

      No adjustments were made and I fired at the second target. Surprisingly, all 5 shots in each bull were touching for a perfect score of 110 (100 plus 5 + 5 group bonus). I doubt I'll be able to do this again and blame it on sheer luck!

      50-yard aperture:




      * 50-yard scoped was 160 today.

      Last edited by Cujo; 10-23-2013, 6:02 PM.

      Comment

      • readysetgo
        CGSSA Coordinator
        • Aug 2011
        • 8694

        Originally posted by Cujo
        Surprisingly, all 5 shots in each bull were touching for a perfect score of 110 (100 plus 5 + 5 group bonus). I doubt I'll be able to do this again and blame it on sheer luck!
        Niiiice!
        Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted... -Mac

        Comment

        • 10xhobby
          Member
          • May 2012
          • 408

          WOW.nice shooting.
          I can't believe how fast this month has gone by, I need to get to the range soon. It looks like it will be a 9 class, pistol, rifle marathon day. I have been learning to shoot the new AR15 for the silhouette match coming up this Sunday, should be a lot of fun.

          Comment

          • Lazyme
            Member
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Apr 2011
            • 669

            Another month gone! The wife is out of town this week so I think I'll be spending some extra time shooting over the next few days. Here is my 25Y rifle target for the month. I tried this target with open sights but my little marlin is set up for the Super Colibri rounds right now...sights are set so high I didn't even hit the paper with regular rounds.

            Out of 4 different types of quality ammo the CCI standard lead round nose worked the best this month.

            25Y Rifle, Peep Sights - 186

            Weeeeeeeee

            Comment

            • peterabbits
              • Apr 2010
              • 1266

              Originally posted by 10xhobby
              Nice !!! That will be a great rifle.I have been shooting an old Mossberg S 42 M in the rimfire matches with peep sights and it is a very nice shooter with good ammo. You will have fun with your new addition.
              Thank you! New addition is definitely a good one. I need a good range day with it instead of just 30 minutes or so, I can tell already that it will be fun to stretch this one out to 100 yds or so.

              Cleaned it and sighted it in at the 25 yd indoor range on Saturday after we were done with inventory at work, went back today and shot 2 targets with it on my lunch hour. It was a bit dark inside due to the cloudy skies, so it was slightly difficult to see the bulls eyes with the tiny rear aperture, but it am very pleased with how she shoots - better than I am capable of yet at any rate.

              Front sight hood supposedly delivered to the office after I left today, so tomorrow I'll get to make her whole again.

              Anyway, here's my submission for October with aperture sights - might do it again tomorrow with blade sights (the unique sight set on the gun allows me to do both with the same gun!). 159 using Winchester m-22 bulk box ammo and the rear peep and front aperture sight post.

              Comment

              • peterabbits
                • Apr 2010
                • 1266

                Originally posted by Lazyme
                Another month gone! The wife is out of town this week so I think I'll be spending some extra time shooting over the next few days. Here is my 25Y rifle target for the month. I tried this target with open sights but my little marlin is set up for the Super Colibri rounds right now...sights are set so high I didn't even hit the paper with regular rounds.

                Out of 4 different types of quality ammo the CCI standard lead round nose worked the best this month.

                25Y Rifle, Peep Sights - 186

                Very nice!

                Comment

                • peterabbits
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 1266

                  Originally posted by Cujo
                  On this one rifle, I've just been shooting the 25-yard target (iron sights/aperture) because that's the distance I had it zeroed at. As we were leaving the range a couple weeks ago, one of my friends had a large "Shoot-N-See" target set up at 50-yards. I decided to fire 5 shots at it and see how low I'd be hitting out of curiosity. It came out to right around 1" using SK Magazine (std velocity).

                  I decided to try out the 50-yard target today. Each click on my rear sight is 2.5mm. Since I was shooting an inch low, the adjustment would be 9-10 clicks. The first 5 shots at the bull were in the 10 as well as the second set of 5. I couldn't see it so my friend Tim was telling me that they were all in the 10. . .

                  No adjustments were made and I fired at the second target. Surprisingly, all 5 shots in each bull were touching for a perfect score of 110 (100 plus 5 + 5 group bonus). I doubt I'll be able to do this again and blame it on sheer luck!

                  50-yard aperture:




                  * 50-yard scoped was 160 today.

                  Talk about setting the bar... Nice shooting!

                  Comment

                  • CSACANNONEER
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 44094

                    Can I shoot this at home? Or, does it have to be at a range? I'm a surveyor so, I can measure the actual distances better than most ranges can. This would be a good excuse to pull out my old scoped single shot Mossberg 42A and my 44US too. It would also make me find out which of my .22lr handguns are best for bullseye shooting. I'll leave my Uburti copy of a Sharps pepperbox, my NAA revolvers and the Beretta 21A in the safe and just go with either a MKII, Challenger or Kimber Classic with a conversion kit on it. Oh, would shooting pistol inside a steel building be OK? Or, would that be cheating?
                    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                    Utah CCW Instructor


                    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                    sigpic
                    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                    KM6WLV

                    Comment

                    • Lazyme
                      Member
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 669

                      Inside, outside...at home or at the range, as long as you post your scores!!

                      I have been wanting a 44us for a while now. I have had a few slip through my fingers. Show us how she shoots!


                      And WOW!! Some of these targets make me wish I had more than 25Yards to work with. Nice shooting everyone.
                      Last edited by Lazyme; 10-28-2013, 6:55 PM.
                      Weeeeeeeee

                      Comment

                      • 10xhobby
                        Member
                        • May 2012
                        • 408

                        Happy Holloween match scores

                        October scores
                        25 yard rifle iron, peeps 184
                        15 yard pistol bench 104
                        15 yard pistol offhand 92
                        25 yard pistol bench 106
                        25 yard pistol offhand 93







                        I tried something different on the 15 yard targets, I used the iron sighted S&W Model 41 no scope. I need to practice more with this set up.
                        Last edited by 10xhobby; 12-06-2013, 4:17 PM.

                        Comment

                        • Lazyme
                          Member
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Apr 2011
                          • 669

                          Very Nice!

                          I couldn't get any more targets cranked out, the light is disappearing too fast!

                          I think I have a descent 15 & 25 yard pistol offhand target to post somewhere...

                          My internet is giving me problems tonight. For some reason things are not coming out right...I can fix this later if needed.

                          15Y Pistol Offhand - 82
                          25Y Pistol Offhand - 90

                          Last edited by Lazyme; 10-31-2013, 8:14 PM.
                          Weeeeeeeee

                          Comment

                          • Izzy43
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 2670

                            Targets for the month. Not posting the 100yd irons as I screwed up and only took 5 shots. You guys did a lot of great shooting this month. Competition is getting really tight. I like that.

                            25yd Irons, Score - 184
                            50yd Irons, Score - 107
                            Mad Minute, Score - 276 (shot with Henry Frontier, got a lot more shots off than last month)
                            50yd Scope Score - 157
                            100yd Scope Score-103

                            No time for the pistola targets.









                            Comment

                            • Izzy43
                              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 2670

                              November Rimfire Match

                              Congrats to the October Winners! results below.

                              Pistol - Offhand:
                              15 yd: Sando - 95
                              25 yd: 10Xhobby - 93

                              Pistol - Bench
                              15 yd: Lazyme - 110
                              25 yd: Lazyme - 110

                              Rifle: open (blade) sights:
                              25 yd: mrrabbit - 135
                              25 yd (mad minute): No targets posted.
                              50 yd: mrrabbit: 90
                              100 yd: No targets posted.

                              Rifle: open (aperture) sights:
                              25 yd: Cujo - 193
                              25 yd (mad minute) Izzy43 - 276
                              50 yd: Cujo - 110
                              100 yd: No targets posted

                              Rifle: Scoped:
                              50 yd: Cujo – 160 (peterabbits with a close second at 159)
                              100 yd: Izzy43 - 103

                              Rules:

                              Following are the classes of Targets.

                              Pistol: 15 and 25yd . Offhand and bench rest scored separately. Iron sights, red dot or non-magnifed scope. One winner for 15 yd and 25 yd each offhand and bench rest.

                              Rifle-Iron Sights: 25yd, 50yd and 100yd Aperture Sights only. This class of shooting is determined by the type of rear sight on the rifle. Any type front sight is allowed as long as there is no magnification.

                              Rifle Iron Sights: 25yd, 50yd and 100yd Open Rear Sight only. This class of shooting is determined by the type of rear sight on the rifle. Open rear sight of the Buckhorn (notched) or similar type only. Any type of front sight is allowed as long as there is no magnification.

                              Rifle Scoped: 50yd and 100yd (25yd scoped at the Coordinators discretion). No limit on magnification.

                              This is an online match. Print all targets at 100%. Colored targets may be printed in grayscale to save on color ink, shoot where and when you want. Annotate on the target the Distance, Score and type of sights used (ie. Scope, Aperature, Open, Red Dot). Take a picture of your target(s) and post in this thread for bragging rights!! Flickr.com and Photobucket.com are two websites where you can host you target pictures and link to your post. Match runs from the 1st day of the month until the last day. Shoot as many targets as you want and post up to two targets for each target class.

                              Note: If the shot is touching the line, it is scored on the higher number.

                              I encourage meeting up with other match shooters. Any rimfire firearm is eligible. Shooting from a benchrest, prone, sitting, standing, hood of your car, leaning against a tree is acceptable. Using a rest in which the Rifle/Pistol can be locked down is verboten (ie. can't do that).


                              Bonus Points

                              Here is how it will work. This is only on targets that have multiple shots on one target We shoot the targets as normal and add up the scores like normal. The twist is we shoot for groups as well. For example, if we are shooting 5 shots on each target. If none of the 5 bullet holes are touching you get no bonus points. If two are touching you get 2 bonus points. If three are touching you get 3 bonus points on up to 5 bonus points for each target.

                              (Clarification on this rule. The number of shots touching determines the bonus points. There are no additional points for a second group of touching shots. Example: In a five shot group if three shots touch that's 3 bonus points. If the two remaining shots are touching but not touching the 3 shot group there are NO additional points. If two shots are touching and a second group of two shots are touching there are only TWO bonus points)

                              Finally for any questions just send a PM to the Match Co-ordinator for this month and he/she will get right back to you. Also feel free to send a PM with feedback/complaints/errors. Comments about the matches that are posted within the Match Thread will not be responded to, use PM only. Limit posts in the Match Thread to Target Posts and kudos to other shooters. These matches are based on “Gentlemen's/Ladie's Honor” so go shoot and have fun.

                              Make sure for each target indicate your total score and if not already indicated on the target note the distance shot and what type of sights. Ex: Score =xxx, Open or Aperture Sights, Scope, Red Dot. No fair shooting iron sight targets with a scope for score.

                              Comments about the matches that are posted within the Match Thread will not be responded to, use PM only. Limit posts in the Match Thread to Target Posts and kudos to other shooters. These matches are based on “Gentlemen's/Ladie's Honor” so go shoot and have fun.


                              Make sure for each target indicate your total score and if not already indicated on the target note the distance shot and what type of sights. Ex: Score =xxx, Open or Aperture Sights, Scope, Red Dot. No fair shooting iron sight targets with a scope for score. )

                              November Targets.

                              Pistol: Use the same targets for offhand and bench rest shooting. Mark your targets accordingly.
                              15 yd Pistol: use 50 yd irons target (Choice of green or red center). Shoot 5 shots per bull (10 shots total), score accordingly.
                              25 yd Pistol: use 100 yd irons target (Choice of red center or all black). Shoot 10 shots, score accordingly.

                              Rifle: we will use the same target for blade style and aperture style sights, aperture sights will be scored separately from blade style sights. Mark your targets accordingly.

                              Irons:

                              25 yd irons: use 25 yd irons target. Shoot 2 shots per bull (16 total). Score accordingly. Center is 10, then as marked.

                              50 yd irons: use 50 yd irons target. Shoot 5 shots per bull (10 total). Center is 10, then 9, 8, 7, 6.

                              100 yd irons: use 100 yd irons target. Shoot 10 shots, Center is 10, then 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4.

                              Scope: (Scope targets are attached in my second post)

                              50 yd scoped: use 50 yd scoped target, shoot 3 shots per bull (15 total), Center is 10, then 9, 8, 7, 6.
                              100 yd scoped: use 100 yd scoped target, shoot 10 shots, score accordingly. Center is 12, then as marked.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Izzy43; 11-01-2013, 4:24 PM.

                              Comment

                              • Izzy43
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 2670

                                The "Year to Date Scores" will be posted later this weekend.

                                Scope Targets.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Izzy43; 11-01-2013, 4:27 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1