Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dwh100
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 955

    Tell us about your 10/22. That's some good shootin'
    Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
    - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

    Comment

    • Calif Mini
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Jan 2009
      • 473

      August rimfire match

      dwh100:

      Thanks for the encouragement. I am still kicking myself for that last shot.

      My first target post from Aug 3rd is on page 3 one post before your target. Also are pics and description of my 10/22.

      I have made all the accessories myself. Barrel retainer block w/set screw, extended mag release, bolt headspace mod and the rear bolt contour. Last is the scope base I made with about 15 moa built in. Bedded the receiver so tight that it is difficult to get out of the stock. Made a custom bushing that acts like a recoil lug which is also bedded with tight tolerances and a stainless steel take down bolt all made in my home shop. Last thing installed was a Volquartsen extractor using the stock spring.

      Keep up the positive matches. Fun for all to enjoy. August (my birthday month) has been a success.

      Thanks for the thread.

      Ed Roberts
      .....AR 15 tools.....
      www.edsmetalshop.com
      Tools@RobertsUSA.com

      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...07#post8521107

      Comment

      • ego 08
        Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 100





        This was my target from last Sunday, Missed the 400. The trick is to hide from the target....ha

        Comment

        • Scratch705
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2009
          • 12537

          is that the tacsol barrel and compensator?
          Originally posted by leelaw
          Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
          Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
          Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
          Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
          Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

          Comment

          • Calif Mini
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Jan 2009
            • 473

            August rimfire match

            ego 08:

            The best groups and most consistent so far.

            400 may bite the dust soon.

            Ed Roberts
            .....AR 15 tools.....
            www.edsmetalshop.com
            Tools@RobertsUSA.com

            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...07#post8521107

            Comment

            • ego 08
              Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 100

              Originally posted by Scratch705
              is that the tacsol barrel and compensator?
              The rifle is a Volquartsen Fusion, it came with 2 barrels, 22LR and 17HM2

              Comment

              • ar15barrels
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 57177

                Originally posted by Calif Mini
                The best groups and most consistent so far.
                ego08 is a guy that actually shoots precision rimfire matches.
                Wait until the rest of us shoot and post our targets.

                Randall Rausch

                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                Comment

                • ego 08
                  Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 100

                  Originally posted by ar15barrels
                  ego08 is a guy that actually shoots precision rimfire matches.
                  Wait until the rest of us shoot and post our targets.

                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...archid=5459689
                  There goes the 400, I was waiting for your target Randall. This Guy will do it.

                  Comment

                  • kgcabs
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 1156

                    Nice shootn' guys. I have got to get to the range! My Brno is calling.

                    Comment

                    • ironpete
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 299

                      Good fun = 324

                      Equipment: Mossberg M44US (thanks CMP)- bolt action, iron sights
                      Environment: 25 yards, indoors, standing supported

                      ps. I did last months competition but was so far negative I blacked out and misplaced my scoresheet

                      Wealth without work
                      Pleasure without conscience
                      Knowledge without character
                      Commerce without morality
                      Science without humanity
                      Worship without sacrifice
                      Politics without principle
                      - Ghandi, Mohandas (The Blunders of the World)
                      Rights without responsibilities
                      - Ghandi, Arun

                      Comment

                      • ar15barrels
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 57177

                        Originally posted by ego 08
                        There goes the 400, I was waiting for your target Randall. This Guy will do it.
                        I was actually thinking about doing it with iron sights.
                        I have a real nice 513T from the CMP.
                        With the redfield olympic rear and lyman front with spirit level and inserts, it's perfect for shooting round targets at 25yds.
                        The last time I shot it for groups it was doing about 1/2" at 25yds.
                        Randall Rausch

                        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                        Comment

                        • MustangGreg66
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 981

                          Well I took off to the range for another attempt at a perfect 400. I thought I had it in the bag with my Win 52d, but just couldn't pull it off. Oh so close, started shooting fast on the home streak and missed a wind switch.

                          390/400



                          Here's some gun porn too, the 52D in the basement.

                          Comment

                          • Calif Mini
                            Vendor/Retailer
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 473

                            August rimfire match

                            Originally posted by MustangGreg66
                            Well I took off to the range for another attempt at a perfect 400. I thought I had it in the bag with my Win 52d, but just couldn't pull it off. Oh so close, started shooting fast on the home streak and missed a wind switch.

                            390/400



                            Here's some gun porn too, the 52D in the basement.
                            It happens.............nice target anyway.

                            Ed
                            .....AR 15 tools.....
                            www.edsmetalshop.com
                            Tools@RobertsUSA.com

                            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...07#post8521107

                            Comment

                            • ego 08
                              Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 100

                              I tried 3 times and came up with the same score, just missing by a hair. I figured thats enouph. Will wait for next months Target.

                              Comment

                              • kgcabs
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 1156

                                Finally made it to the range.

                                Shot this:


                                With this:




                                Made me smile, like this:



                                Karl

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1