Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • clockwork
    Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 331

    don't forget the bonus on the top row too...

    PERFECT SCORE!!!

    Originally posted by dwh100
    Nice shootin'!
    That shot on the top row broke the line so it scores as a 10! So score 390!!!
    Originally posted by ysr_racer
    Asking us which gun you should buy is like asking which girl to marry...
    take 'em for a test drive, then buy the one that feels best.

    Comment

    • TCWriter
      Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 108

      Originally posted by clockwork
      don't forget the bonus on the top row too...

      PERFECT SCORE!!!
      Uhh, we should get a clarification, but I didn't think the bonus points applied unless you got all the shots <i>within</i> the black circle (not just touching).

      In other words, it was possible to score 90 points for a row without receiving the bonus.

      Comment

      • Calif Mini
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Jan 2009
        • 473

        August rimfire match

        TCWriter: I think you are correct but you gotta love Clockwork's enthusiasm.

        Keep the targets coming.............400 is up for grabs. Firstest is the bestest.

        Ed
        .....AR 15 tools.....
        www.edsmetalshop.com
        Tools@RobertsUSA.com

        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...07#post8521107

        Comment

        • clockwork
          Member
          • Jul 2009
          • 331

          Graze = die...? Where's the ref when you need him?
          Originally posted by ysr_racer
          Asking us which gun you should buy is like asking which girl to marry...
          take 'em for a test drive, then buy the one that feels best.

          Comment

          • Stringer
            Member
            • May 2009
            • 326

            Originally posted by Calif Mini
            My 10/22 has an unknown stock (I would be interested to know what it is)
            [ATTACH]29817[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH]29818[/ATTACH]
            Looks suspiciously like the FA Enterprise stock that Brownells and Midway carry. Nice looking stock.

            Yours has a bigger butt tho I like!

            Comment

            • TCWriter
              Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 108

              Because I haven't gotten back to the range to try and better my previous .22 rimfire score, I shot one at home with my .177 pre-charged pneumatic airgun (a Crosman Marauder), and managed some bonus points for a 363 score:



              This is only 48 yards, but that's all I can really manage without getting up halfway and turning over the target on the stand.

              You can see I had problems with a light wind (this was shot sideways, with drift to the left), but that's par for the course; at 50 yards, a .177 JSB Exact Heavy pellet (10.3 grains, 900 fps) drifts 3.9 MOA in a 5mph breeze (I believe that's almost 2" at 50 yards).

              This was shot off a bipod, no rear bag, though damnit, I'm going to try that next time at the range.
              Last edited by TCWriter; 08-13-2009, 7:31 AM.

              Comment

              • calixt0
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 546

                heres mine... I didn't add the score up anyone want to help me score it. I score this at 349 am I correct.
                savage mkII mako with wolf mt ammo and vortex 6-24x50 scope. man this thing was sensitive to how I held it. Still tryin gto get the parallax worked out.
                Last edited by calixt0; 08-13-2009, 3:49 PM.

                Comment

                • dwh100
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 955

                  Great to see all these targets folks!! Some fun shootin' goin' on! Keep it up!!!


                  Originally posted by TCWriter
                  Uhh, we should get a clarification, but I didn't think the bonus points applied unless you got all the shots <i>within</i> the black circle (not just touching).

                  In other words, it was possible to score 90 points for a row without receiving the bonus.
                  Correct! In order to score the bonus 10 points... all 9 shots in the row must be inside the black dot!
                  Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                  - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                  Comment

                  • ego 08
                    Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 100

                    Originally posted by calixt0
                    heres mine... I didn't add the score up anyone want to help me score it. I score this at 349 am I correct.
                    savage mkII mako with wolf mt ammo and vortex 6-24x50 scope. man this thing was sensitive to how I held it. Still tryin gto get the parallax worked out.
                    you have some good groups going there.

                    Comment

                    • calixt0
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 546

                      Originally posted by ego 08
                      you have some good groups going there.
                      thanks... i think its normal to never be satisfied and always want better

                      Comment

                      • MustangGreg66
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 981

                        Well I got out to the range on friday finally and thought I'd try this out. I was at the 25 yard line so used a fakepoint M4 on top of my DPMS .22 Upper. Not real happy that I didn't get any bonus, I'll have to go to put up a target at 50 yards and scope it next time.

                        356/400 - The shot outside the black on the upper right has it's grease ring touching the black so I count it as 10.

                        Comment

                        • ego 08
                          Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 100

                          Tried again





                          Went out this morning to try to shoot the 400, missed again by a hair (390), so I shot the barrel, Think I got a 400 on that one
                          Last edited by ego 08; 08-16-2009, 12:12 PM.

                          Comment

                          • dwh100
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 955

                            I've been waiting to see a holy barrel!
                            Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                            - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                            Comment

                            • Arteel
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 2392

                              No more redos for me. The glass on my scope fell apart this morning. It will be a while until I can get a new scope, but hopefully in time for next months match.

                              This month was a good month with a lot of participation. Thank you dwh for keeping this thing going! Good shooting everybody!

                              Comment

                              • Calif Mini
                                Vendor/Retailer
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 473

                                August rimfire match

                                Here is the latest target from my 10/22. 50 yards w/rest, scope & Wolf MT.

                                Actually tried several brands of ammo (SK subsonic, Rem Match, Eley Tenex, CCI Green tag and CCI Mini-Mag) and had best luck with the Wolf.

                                Wind was gusting hard enough that all the "Benchrest " guys left early disgusted with their results in the wind.

                                Last shot--------last target---------too much pressure.........choked.........still got 390.
                                The hole is within but the grease mark is outside black by a few thousandths.

                                As stated this is with a Semi-Auto.
                                Last edited by Calif Mini; 12-18-2009, 1:45 PM.
                                .....AR 15 tools.....
                                www.edsmetalshop.com
                                Tools@RobertsUSA.com

                                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...07#post8521107

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1